OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME ROUND 2 | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread 6pm Friday @ Pointsbet Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wont happen but I'd like to see:

01. Connor Tracey
02. Jacob Kiraz
03. Stephen Crichton
04. Matt Burton
05. Blake Wilson/Jeral Skelton
06. Drew Hutchison
07. Toby Sexton
08. Max King
09. Jake Turpin
10. Poasa Faamausili
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Josh Curran

14. Reed Mahoney
15. Kurt Mann
16. Kitione Kautoga
17. Samuel Hughes

18. Jaeman Salmon

Let Turpin do all the tackling the first 30 minutes. Mahoney comes on after 30 minutes & plays the rest of the game against a tiring defense.
Afew interesting picks there. Not ridiculous.
Except not having Salmon in the 17

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have finally reached the point where I no longer care what the coach of the day selects on Tuesday.

I just focus all my club love on convincing myself that “THIS” week will be different. THIS week will be start of our glorious return to being the club who other clubs fear and their supporters hate.

Luckily I am a very level headed and completely sane person and “knock” on wood I stay that way.

Hang on, was that knock at the front or back door…?
Expect us to knock-on throughout the game after that post!

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone think there will be a drastic improvement from Blake Taaffe under a high ball on Friday night?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair to Cc, he wasn't hired to be the head coach he was hired because he's been a career assistant coach.
There's no question as the GM exclusively handles the recruitment side of things that he'd also be filling out the team sheet and giving it to Cc to submit.
Why else would you hire someone with zero combat experience?
Here CC you've never been to war before but I'm gonna put you a head of a Polish cavalry division and I want you take these men and plough head first into the Germans armoured divisions haha.
Gould makes decisions and Cc has to do what he's told and make the best of it.

Sheeeeesh.

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app
So basically what you are saying is that no one should ever be hired as an NRL coach if they haven’t been an NRL coach before ??

We will have some old farkin coaches using that logic.

Can’t wait for Warren Ryan to take over next year.

I also agree with everyone who is saying mass changes should have been made after round 1. Personally I would be starting Skelton at half back this week and just play a power game. One week is enough sample size to blow the whole thing up.

On a side note I love how Bennett has started Averillo over Nui this week. I can only imagine the selection meeting :

Assistant - “Wayne - I think we need to bring Averillo in this week. Tesse is useless. Also you played Herbie at right centre last week but he got Dally M centre of the year playing on the left”.

Wayne - “Who is Amarillo?? And I thought Hughie did play on the left last week ?”

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone think there will be a drastic improvement from Blake Taaffe under a high ball on Friday night?
Provided the sharks decide to employ the grubber for every kick, he'll be fine. Oh also if he doesn't get tackled, or doesn't have to play the ball.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Provided the sharks decide to employ the grubber for every kick, he'll be fine. Oh also if he doesn't get tackled, or doesn't have to play the ball.
Yes he has lost confidence, I can’t understand why we will keep rolling him out in 1st grade, we will be 0-6 before you can blink.
CC needs to make some tough calls and get our team right!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When our draw opens up, if Ciraldo is still picking the reserve grade players and a lightweight back 5 he has bottled it.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So basically what you are saying is that no one should ever be hired as an NRL coach if they haven’t been an NRL coach before ??

We will have some old farkin coaches using that logic.

Can’t wait for Warren Ryan to take over next year.

I also agree with everyone who is saying mass changes should have been made after round 1. Personally I would be starting Skelton at half back this week and just play a power game. One week is enough sample size to blow the whole thing up.

On a side note I love how Bennett has started Averillo over Nui this week. I can only imagine the selection meeting :

Assistant - “Wayne - I think we need to bring Averillo in this week. Tesse is useless. Also you played Herbie at right centre last week but he got Dally M centre of the year playing on the left”.

Wayne - “Who is Amarillo?? And I thought Hughie did play on the left last week ?”
No not at all what I'm saying lol.
But you made me laugh hard at the end so I thank you for that haha.

What my take of the situation is that Gould is the one working on recruitment exclusively, he probably confides in his coach and maybe asks for his thoughts (big maybe) as a courtesy.
He's hiring these guys and knows what he wants to do with them. He claims to having nothing to do with make up of the team but if you know Gould you know he spins lots of fictions and for a control freak like him he's 100% playing puppet master isn't he?

But no of course assistants can become head coaches that's normal. I'm just convinced Gould hired Cc and signed him for 5 years so he could have full control of the recruiting and the team itself throughout the coming years with no resistance.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Will be during the season. Unfortunately will have to miss some. Golly I hope that I can see some wins this year the games that I can attend. Four hours home by car after a loss is hell!
You do the hard yards DL :grinning:

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When our draw opens up, if Ciraldo is still picking the reserve grade players and a lightweight back 5 he has bottled it.
Yup it’s like the movie money ball, we have a lightweight pack we need to pick a bigger backline to compensate.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No not at all what I'm saying lol.
But you made me laugh hard at the end so I thank you for that haha.

What my take of the situation is that Gould is the one working on recruitment exclusively, he probably confides in his coach and maybe asks for his thoughts (big maybe) as a courtesy.
He's hiring these guys and knows what he wants to do with them. He claims to having nothing to do with make up of the team but if you know Gould you know he spins lots of fictions and for a control freak like him he's 100% playing puppet master isn't he?

But no of course assistants can become head coaches that's normal. I'm just convinced Gould hired Cc and signed him for 5 years so he could have full control of the recruiting and the team itself throughout the coming years with no resistance.

It's funny how we are setting this narrative around Gould having influence over signings... YET!

YET!!!! This is exactly the oversight we needed during Hasler's coaching period!!! Someone to help him and overrule bad recruitment targets and ridiculous wages that impact the cap.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
he can’t see anything. The dude is blind and can’t seperate a good trainer from a good player. Everything he’s doing indicates he hasn’t learnt his lessons from perham. If he keeps picking taafe and hutch all the way till rd 5 and we’re losing, he deserves the bullet
Gus will not be sacking him no matter what. There'll be more rebuild spin but Gus will not give Buzz the ammo to fire more bullets at him for sacking another coach lol

Last edited:

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care why you or Ciraldo think why Taaffe is playing fullback, it's the wrong call and a waste of time.
I think we signed taafe on the back of that game against us last year where we made him look like prime Ben barba.

He was cleaning us up through the middle on the back of their offloads and support play something this team just does not do not to mention our defence was awful which made him look even better.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm not stressing this season about team selection made by the fraud assistant.

No point, he cant pick a team, he can't manage rotations, he just can't coach.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought CC was a good buy, but in hindsight shane flanagan may have been a better option. We could have got him for 20 cents as he wanted the job, he was chasing us. He has shown he makes the tough decision moving Lomax to the wing, wow what a game from him.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moving forward he needs to make this our backline asap.
1. Critta
2. Wilson (Fox when fit)
3. Tracey
4. Burton
5. Kiraz
6. Taafe/Hutchinson
7. Sexton

I was opposed to have Crichton at FB as I felt he’s better suited at centre. But he gets no ball at centre. Put him at FB so he can get his hands on the ball more. We need him touching the ball more, Burton at 6 does not get him ball. If Burton wants to stay in the left side channel, he can do it at centre.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not stressing this season about team selection made by the fraud assistant.

No point, he cant pick a team, he can't manage rotations, he just can't coach.
I’d rather it being known league wide he doesn’t have it before we get these juniors in for him to ruin

Status
Not open for further replies.