Round 17 - Dogs vs Eels - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 Will Hopoate
2 Brett Morris
3 Josh Morris
4 Chase Stanley
5 Marcelo Montoya
6 Josh Reynolds
7 Moses Mbye
8 Aiden Tolman
9 Michael Lichaa
10 Sam Kasiano
11 Josh Jackson
12 Adam Elliott
13 David Klemmer
14 Raymond Faitala Mariner
15 Danny Fualalo
16 Francis Tualau
17 Matt Frawley
19 Andy Saunders
20 Kerrod Holland
21 Asipeli Fine
23 Brenko Lee

COACH Des Hasler

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Brad Arthur is quaking in his boots

Finally Eastwood is out give the younger guys a shot, they will have more impact on the game.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man I feel like Gordon Ramsay swearing his head off reading this line up and watching our games.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
LOL Kasiano starting prop.

The fat heap will last 5 minutes before his hands are on his hips, he is walking back to the play the ball after kicks and his lateral movement is non existent in the defensive line.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Parra are going to be rushing us all game...better start with the slowest middle 3rd ever. That logic/10

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
at least tualau is getting another run

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL fucking called it. Or at least, 2 from 3 (Klemmer at lock, Kas to prop - genuinely surprised he didn't keep Eastwood on bench).

Watch the gaps open up in the middle 15min+ - calling it now that Gutherson to be first try scorer.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'd genuinely enjoy seeing a loss by 40 in the hope that it leads to another build up of pressure (for about the 1000th time) on Hasler to be sacked.

Even with his 2 year contract extension, surely there has to still be enormous pressure to cut the guy loose for just being a fkn shithouse coach and identifier of talent.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOL fucking called it. Or at least, 2 from 3 (Klemmer at lock, Kas to prop - genuinely surprised he didn't keep Eastwood on bench).

Watch the gaps open up in the middle 15min+ - calling it now that Gutherson to be first try scorer.
Eatwood is injured, Kasiano is a liability at the moment.

What can we do though? Coach will not drop anyone.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd genuinely enjoy seeing a loss by 40 in the hope that it leads to another build up of pressure (for about the 1000th time) on Hasler to be sacked.

Even with his 2 year contract extension, surely there has to still be enormous pressure to cut the guy loose for just being a fkn shithouse coach and identifier of talent.
I am afraid that we will be stuck with him for another two years. Dib will never admit that a mistake has been made and he truly believes that Foran will be our saviour, after all he signed him!

We can protest and complain and point the finger all we like but nothing will change. About the only real positive is that so many others outside of the club and not the fans are exposing them for the frauds that they are. Anyone in the club who speaks up is banished to Coventry or asked to resign.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pity frank the tank wasn't playing to come back and haunt us as all other ex players do

Imagine a pack with frank, tapau finucane Jacko klemmer

What could've been aye

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Know what? A loss does not even hurt anymore because it is pretty much expected. The wins we have had this year have been an anomaly. We have not applied consistent and lasting pressure all year and truly just who have we beaten? Warriors, Knights, Raiders, Dragons, Broncos and Rabbits... not exactly a glowing report card ( okay probably bar the Broncos who are running third), plus we have copped two almighty floggings in which we did not score a solitary point. Worst attacking record as well.

Last edited:

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eatwood is injured, Kasiano is a liability at the moment.

What can we do though? Coach will not drop anyone.
ahhh didn't realise Beast was injured. That bench for this week I have no issues with and if Kasiano could do a solid 20 minute stint bending the line, getting a line break or two, popping the occasional offload and not dropping off tackles, I wouldn't necessarily resort to dark humour (although that doesn't include the whole 'why the fuk isn't Frawley 7, Mbye somewhere else' argument - I just can't be bothered raising that ad nauseum)

But evidence has shown big Kas can't sustain impact for that long. So if French doesn't get us in the corner in the first 5-10 minutes, then I reckon Gutherson/Norman will when he shirt/arm grabs and falls off a tackle. It's really frustrating because I don't enjoy ripping into our team, but its just so predictable that that's going to happen

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even
Pity frank the tank wasn't playing to come back and haunt us as all other ex players do

Imagine a pack with frank, tapau finucane Jacko klemmer

What could've been aye
Man I can't watch those guys play for other clubs. It drives me crazy. Especially taupau. He was always well worth keeping and look what he's become now? He's ten times more destructive than any forward we have yet Hasler let's him go when he would have cost nothing to keep.

Hasler's list of mistakes and flaws at Canterbury couldn't be longer yet they protect him like he's the chosen one. Who gives a fuck about paying two years of his contract? It's been done countless times with other teams in other codes where they just eat that loss and pay them out but we have to put up with this for two more years? Fuck that. We've all had enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.