Official Round 16: Bulldogs Vs Sharks - Game Day Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like King but if he is gunna put his hand up to play he needs to offer more. TBH, I’m sick of the playing injured excuse. A lot of players playing with injuries this time of year. He needs to make some metres are have a stint on the sidelines. He offers nothing in attack or defence and him playing is not helping us.
Something has to be up with him. His form couldn't drop off that much without it being injury related. We know he's had several injuries. It's obvious King and Kiraz are nowhere near full fitness. Ideally they get rested but that hadn't happened because our depth is so shit

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Sharks are a perfect example of what we need, big pack, centre and bench.
Who went the game?
PM me please

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Max King may well be carrying a niggling injury but he’s also playing out of his normal position and has been for sometime now.

Our starting props have been off the field more than on, that being TPJ and Thompson.
King is a 2nd rower or lock not a prop and it shows. Tries hard but doesn’t have the size of many opposing front rowers.

The sooner we find legitimate props the better it will be for the rest of the team. It will make a huge difference. Right now we’re just getting steamrolled through the middle.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven’t missed a bulldogs game in 50 years. Last week was the first time I switched the Tele off at half time and walked away. With potter last year there was a glimmer of hope. But cc has tried to do a Baz on the team and I can’t watch this shit anymore.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Me too, brought up this point ages ago and it's okay getting worse. People told me it wasn't a big deal though HAHAHA
yeah teams are gonna keep doing this to us until we get some more big stronger forwards who can help Reed out in the middle

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Me too, brought up this point ages ago and it's okay getting worse. People told me it wasn't a big deal though HAHAHA
It dosent matter who we have at hooker when we have fuck all cover in the forwards.. but that dosent fit your narrative

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are we lauding these guys it is stating the bleeding obvious. Our powderpuff forwards should be doing the job and protecting the smaller guys in defence.
Ciraldo has also overplayed his hand by putting too many smaller guys in the middle and on the bench. Need at least two big units on the field at any time.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It dosent matter who we have at hooker when we have fuck all cover in the forwards.. but that dosent fit your narrative
There's no narrative here other than Mahoney is playing like shit and needs to play better as a captain, someone with his experience and on his salary.. The one on one misses in defence that lead to tries are on him and him only..

He's a better player than what he's showing now. I'm not giving up on him. I hope he can find his form of a few seasons ago at Parra when he was an Origin calibre hooker.. But there's no denying he needs to improve.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Horrible carries and run metre statistics on the whole.

But the one silver lining is that we only conceded 48 points.

I have heard the commentators refer several times to the peculiarity that no team which conceded 50 or more points has ever gone onto premiers.

So ... the Bulldogs premiership chances are alive and well.

The rest of the competition is on notice and teams are looking over their collective shoulders at us. Way, way back in the far distance over their shoulders.
So all we had to do was concede another couple of points and would have put everyone out of their misery?

Damn