Official Round 14 vs the Roosters

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I guess it's early days but can't say I'm beating off about KO. Still yet to see a single thing out of him to justify the talk when we signed him. Don't want to pressure the kid but a little taste by now would have been good. Is the club's mindset that he is out longterm half or are we still looking?

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody quick to lay into the kid KO but had we won I’m sure the comments would be placed elsewhere, and that’s where it comes to in the end - The Result! We shouldn’t be relying on a pass to make a win, even if that pass wasn’t ruled forward there was still a lot of work to do.

Im a firm believer that you can be an awesome trainer but come game day you could be bang average. I don’t know what Perham does at training to keep CC selecting him, maybe he’s puts in a superstar performance in the pre-training touch football game and gets CC and others in the coaching box salivating on the next Carmichael Hunt.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t think we appreciate how hard it is to win with no hooker let alone a prop/middle covering hooker

The halves aren’t getting any quick delivery and there’s no crafty plays off the ruck close to the line

Ciro needed to introduce Rajab early and play him at hooker

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s probably mentioned a thousand times but here it is anyway…..7 mins to go, we get a fresh 6 tackles on Roosters 40m and what do we do? Fkn run shape instead of going 4 hit ups up the middle and drilling a gf…. Fkn dumb, that is what happens without the brains and experience of an actual halfback.
Yes bra. I said this to the old man. That was a prime time to set up for a FG. Roosters looked stretched in the middle as well at that time. Is it inexperience or we just lack a calm head with footy IQ. Geez we need another playmaker. Teaming Burto up with a kid just isn’t right.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who should our halves pairing be?
Half’s pairing is staring us in the face & no one wants to reply to my comments on it because it’s not being pushed by the “it” crowd ..

Averillo 6 .. Burton 7 …

We have an abundance of centres and wingers to cover those spots ..

We need a more experienced player at 6 .. one who can run, step, pass and has speed … Averillo !!!

Averillo saw very little clean ball today … he needs his hands on the ball more and brought up front to get into the game .. has a lot more to offer .. wasted in the centres

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Match review committee is up.

Bulldogs players Reed Mahoney and Blake Wilson are each facing lengthy bans after being cited for offences in Sunday afternoon's loss to the Roosters.

Wilson was hit with a Grade 2 Misconduct Charge for using his face to hit Sitili Tupouniua's shoulder which resulted in the Roosters lock feeling emotional damage, and now faces a ban of between 2-3 matches for what is his first offence of that type.

Mahoney meanwhile is also facing 2-3 matches for using his face to hit Joseph Sual'li's knee which resulted in further reputational damage to Sual'li given the previous accusations of knee lifting in tackles.

Sigh - when will we learn.
hahahahaa this is good

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree, that was sickening especially as Tupouniua shoulder bone is connected to his neck bone. He could have been crippled. I am sure that the NRL will make an example of Wilson for using face as a weapon.
Match review committee is up.

Bulldogs players Reed Mahoney and Blake Wilson are each facing lengthy bans after being cited for offences in Sunday afternoon's loss to the Roosters.

Wilson was hit with a Grade 2 Misconduct Charge for using his face to hit Sitili Tupouniua's shoulder which resulted in the Roosters lock feeling emotionally damage, and now faces a ban of between 2-3 matches for what is his first offence of that type.

Mahoney meanwhile is also facing 2-3 matches for using his face to hit Joseph Sual'li's knee which resulted in further reputational damage to Sual'li given the previous accusations of knee lifting in tackles.

Sigh - when will we learn.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did I say he is better?

Burton lovers are quick to deflect to KO, just like you deflected to Flamingo and reynolds and JMK and whoever else you want to blame.

We need a HB, Gus chased Hunt from last year. If you want to experiment with a centre moving to the halves then you only do it when you have a real half next to him/KO/Rajab.
Forget Burton and all the rest. You seriously think Oloapu is currently NRL standard? My eyes must be freaken painted on if you do.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I guess it's early days but can't say I'm beating off about KO. Still yet to see a single thing out of him to justify the talk when we signed him. Don't want to pressure the kid but a little taste by now would have been good. Is the club's mindset that he is out longterm half or are we still looking?
You have a bloke on his P's trying to help a bloke on his L's.... and vice versa. Throw in a park footballer in FB and a very good hooker overcompensating for them and you get what you see.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Forget Burton and all the rest. You seriously think Oloapu is currently NRL standard? My eyes must be freaken painted on if you do.
As I said from the start, he should of been eased into FG next year at a minimum. He had is worst game in FG after 5-6 games.

I'm not blaming this loss on him. Plenty of other "first graders" to blame it on.

For the record 3/4 of the spine aren't nrl standard. Same goes for nearly half the team.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. Wilson
3. Kiraz (left)
4. Alamoti (right)
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Rajab
8. TPJ
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Preston
12. Okunbor
13. Morrin
14. KO
15. Mariner
16. Sutton
17.Edwards/Pele/Patolo/Hughes???
Best available...but Oki? over Hughes/Pele/Patolo/Edwards?...Are you sure? :grinning:

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So has the the spine and the pack and basically everyone. He needs experience so might as well get it in this write off season.

Reynolds and Flamingo are not the answer and not part of our plans next year.
Based on all the reports and hype, I think most people are willing to give him a chance buts let’s hope he gives us something soon.

Players can still play well individually in a poor team - he’s not one of them.

Even Rajab looked more direct with nicer touches than KO in his limited minutes.

I hope we never see Flanno or Reyonds in first grade again.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i think one of the biggest problems is ciraldo doesnt know his players or what they can do when we lose a player mid game

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You have a bloke on his P's trying to help a bloke on his L's.... and vice versa. Throw in a park footballer in FB and a very good hooker overcompensating for them and you get what you see.
Very very true. Love the analogy. However haven't even seen a glimpse of individual brilliance? Seen that swerving run thing he does that was carving up the kids but not cutting it with men/older kids lol.