Official Round 12 Bulldogs V Panthers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This was posted on one of our FB sites lol

"Protest at belmore sports ground Monday 9am. Elliot and katoa OUT. Maybe then Trent will hear us".

It got the thumbs down reaction it deserved lol.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I definitely agree with your line of thinking. The only way to get out of this hole is to have a decent mix of players who have made their debut at our club. They dont necessarily have to be "local juniors" but they definitely need to have made their debut for us.

Its these type of players that you get for a few years at unders and are more likely to stay for less. Have a look at Brimson at the titans. Just signed a 5 year deal for $3 mill. Thats well below market value.

As for Renouf all I can say is that we dont know what goes on behind closed doors. He might not be putting in at training
The training aspect, I still blame on the club. Players should inherently "know" slack efforts are not tolerated from anybody whether they have a training jersey on or a club jersey on.

This great trainer/shocking game day performance, seems the only inherent standards we have :grinning:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The training aspect, I still blame on the club. Players should inherently "know" slack efforts are not tolerated from anybody whether they have a training jersey on or a club jersey on.

This great trainer/shocking game day performance, seems the only inherent standards we have :grinning:
Yeah thats one area I am disappointed in. Baz said at the start of the year how fit we would be but we most of our players seem gassed from very early on.

The errors probably dont help that nor does the fact we couldnt get a repeat set to save ourselves

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah thats one area I am disappointed in. Baz said at the start of the year how fit we would be but we most of our players seem gassed from very early on.

The errors probably dont help that nor does the fact we couldnt get a repeat set to save ourselves
They prob are fit enough and the ref calls do add to the fatigue but I've been saying it for quite some time...we don't have the body type of forwards needed in the modern game....it's even more evident with 6again footy.

Our guys aren't physically imposing, nor intimidating, nor agile enough or skillfull enough or have the same stamina.....on the whole.

Compare them to Panthers, Storm, Rorters, Parra. They have the high energy body types and share the load.

Exactly why Renouf should be given the best of opportunities. He does have the body type.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They prob are fit enough and the ref calls do add to the fatigue but I've been saying it for quite some time...we don't have the body type of forwards needed in the modern game....it's even more evident with 6again footy.

Our guys aren't physically imposing, nor intimidating, nor agile enough or skillfull enough or have the same stamina.....on the whole.

Compare them to Panthers, Storm, Rorters, Parra. They have the high energy body types and share the load.

Exactly why Renouf should be given the best of opportunities. He does have the body type.
Yeah thats a fair point. The good teams have 3 or 4 power runners like Thompson. We only have him.

When he runs he just shows how far behind some of the other forwards are. Our edge backrowers are seriously lacking leg speed and hole running ability as well. I still reckon RFM is better in the middle so that doesnt really leave us with much so thats another area we need to strengthen. We are getting torn apart on the edges defensively this year (and last year) because our backrowers are too slow.

I had hopes for Waddell filling a spot but he has been underwhelming at best.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah thats a fair point. The good teams have 3 or 4 power runners like Thompson. We only have him.

When he runs he just shows how far behind some of the other forwards are. Our edge backrowers are seriously lacking leg speed and hole running ability as well. I still reckon RFM is better in the middle so that doesnt really leave us with much so thats another area we need to strengthen. We are getting torn apart on the edges defensively this year (and last year) because our backrowers are too slow.

I had hopes for Waddell filling a spot but he has been underwhelming at best.
I think thats the main disappointment with getting a new coach in Baz. We had high hopes the energy levels and enthusiasm would be addressed.

We get to say "next year" agaain.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I like Atoni a lot & can see the upside in persisting with him, but if you can (or if anyone can post the vision) please go back to the Titans last try in the first half and watch the ZERO effort he put in to get back on side when the Titans made that break down their left side...... that chase was unacceptable & not first grade standard.
So before I get hammered for calling him out, go check out the vision first & then judge - if I wasn't a Dogs supporter I would have laughed, instead I cried.
Seriously? I mean seriously? The last try of the first half where AJ made a break from a bomb defusal and then Titans went down our left hand side for Hoppa to screw it up. We're blaming that on Renouf? Seriously?

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thing is no one is disputing the poor performances....it's just that the percentage of mistakes and poor efforts are way less with Renouf than with Waddle, Elliott, Katoa, Smith, Napa.

Renouf is a junior (in our system). One of our own.

A player of this promise, and calibre, must be lifted up and given all the encouragement and tools available to the club. He has been stuffed around for years and had opportunities on stop/start with lack of minutes.

It seems this club, once you are "deemed" lazy, or not coach's pet, or don't suck up, then you get left to your own devices, with no mentoring and this affects confidence and mental attitudes. This never used to be the case with our club. We used to develop talent. How many times has this poor coaching happened in our recent past? Lots!

We thought a new young, capable coach would bond with these types of players.

Renouf is obviously a confidence player. We have all seen his potential. Seen it for 7 years but the club and the poor coaching have frittered away his development.

If he fails, our club fails.
Well said. I agree 100%!

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never thought I’d see the day that tbaz drops Waddell. It took 11 rounds to realise it but finally it’s happened. Thank goodness common sense prevailed.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Now with Jackson and Hetherington back, there’s no reason for him to be in the team.
It was obvious when they were in the team early on that there were problems with him. He probably wasnt marque enough to walk into the team from Game 1.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now with Jackson and Hetherington back, there’s no reason for him to be in the team.
Well maybe maybe not..with all the whinging about Elliott who replaces him Waddell? lol..by the way Elliott wasn't that bad aside from the yes big defensive ballsup (which most of our defenders would have fucked up as well to be fair)he is another extremely hated player like Lewis, nasty kennellers!! :laughing:

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I never thought I’d see the day that tbaz drops Waddell. It took 11 rounds to realise it but finally it’s happened. Thank goodness common sense prevailed.
Has he been worse than Elliott????