Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Post Game Discussion Thread

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
- We made 13 errors to the eels 3.
- We lost JAC midway through the first half and were essentially playing with 12.
- Salmon shifted to centres second half.
- We missed 28 tackles compared to the Eels 23 with 40% possession.
- Offloads for the Eels we’re sticking.
- We got beat 4x tries to 2x with only 40% possession.

Hughes was our only prop that made an error all the rest were by the backs and the spine.

How is it the “small props” are getting the blame by some.
This makes for good reading. But it must also be taking into account that Brown copped a knock swelling up his left eye and Moses was clearly hindered by a groin issue. It could have been alot worse for us.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
PEOPLE- we need XERRI in this team, stop over looking it, he’s one of the best signings next to Critta of course !! It’s ridiculous it CC leaves him out any longer.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2 with Burton having zero involvement in either and one being down his side as well.

Most of my frustration is built around Burton and his regression and trying to find a reason (money+coaches probably).
The coaching issue is he needs to be dropped if he keeps hiding on the field.

Being realistic I don’t see Ciralro hitting the panic button. I think he will give them a chance like he did with Perham. He might learn and be proactive, so the change could come earlier unlike last season.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton is a huge part of the problem and it's massively concerning how little he gets involved. It's hard to have faith in him anymore.. I think Mahoney is an even bigger problem though and he gets nowhere near as much blame as he deserves as he handles the ball more than anyone and takes dumb option after dumb option every set.

Ciraldo inspires no confidence at the moment and his insistence on us playing one out footy all game makes us look even worse. We have speed all over the park but we never even look to utilise it as clearly all Ciraldo cares about is completions and not scoring points.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is a huge part of the problem and it's massively concerning how little he gets involved. It's hard to have faith in him anymore.. I think Mahoney is an even bigger problem though and he gets nowhere near as much blame as he deserves as he handles the ball more than anyone and takes dumb option after dumb option every set.

Ciraldo inspires no confidence at the moment and his insistence on us playing one out footy all game makes us look even worse. We have speed all over the park but we never even look to utilise it as clearly all Ciraldo cares about is completions and not scoring points.
You get all the points mate! This has been what my brain is thinking. Im glad theres at least one other.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Even Cameron Smith says that burton isnt a 5/8 and should be playing centre. It seems everyone can see this except Ciraldo. He is stifling us in attack

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It makes no sense.

King should be playing over 50 minutes. Surely Poasa can play more than 20 minutes?

(I think they made a mistake with Preston's minutes).

1710123683352.png

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reed sucks lol. Just a little fat blimp.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree bro. Not sure we have the right balance on the bench too. We need some size.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Reed sucks lol. Just a little fat blimp.
The writing was on the wall for hooker years ago. Was bummed when we didn't get Reece Robson or Blayke Brailey. Gotta really pin our hopes on the development of Hayward at 9 and a good utility that can cover 9 also.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In hindsight i agree. Reed has been disappointing AF. Bro, you were on the Taafe train hard in the off season. You gunna walk it back or double down?
Already walked it back, his confidence is lost, he needs to be taken out for a stint, still on the XERRI train. He’s my other man.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Already walked it back, his confidence is lost, he needs to be taken out for a stint, still on the XERRI train. He’s my other man.
I like Taffee when it comes to his ability to assess 3 v 2 and gets the ball where it needs to go. Unfortunately that asset is pretty wasted in our side as we are rarely in good attacking position. Reserve grade at 6 probably the best place for him to be and move BBO.