Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He gets more media attention by not being picked.

I really hope we put it together on Saturday and start the season well. Some of CC’s selections for me are a concern. He seems to make the same sort of selection errors over and over and doesn’t learn from the mistakes.

He is loyal to his players to a fault is how I see it looking in from the outside. He seems to pick the dedicated hard working player on the training paddock over a player that will be better on game day.

Xerri should be at Centre with Kiraz on the wing.

Sexton should be the 7. If for nothing more than the right foot kicking option.

Need someone bigger than Morrin on the bench.
Will have to give him benefit of the doubt at this early stage of the new season (and roster). Hopefully his gameplan and selection strategies come off on Saturday and a new era awakens for the club going forward and we finally find a way.

Bring it on :grinning:

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I went to buy tix to the Eels game.. they seriously want 180 bux for a fam ticket.. are they serious..
Is that normal pricing, i have never been to the Eels stadium since it reopened
Depends what Category you wanted to buy! GA wasn't anywhere near that much.

Game has around 100 tickets mostly singles left...

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Depends what Category you wanted to buy! GA wasn't anywhere near that much.

Game has around 100 tickets mostly singles left...
General admission was sold out unfortunately when i tried to buy earlier this week. Was looking forward to watching a game there

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is the perfect game, round, and crowd for our team. Plenty of GF/experience winners in our team...probably more than the eels actually.
There is enough class in the team to get a win, or, 100% compete for the whole 80. There should be enough professionalism and enthusiasm as well. No excuses.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think back to round 1 last year. Parra had almost the same team. Storm took them to extra time to win.

It is going to take one hell of an effort to beat them at home round 1.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Think back to round 1 last year. Parra had almost the same team. Storm took them to extra time to win.

It is going to take one hell of an effort to beat them at home round 1.
What worries me is the difference between the level of intensity in the Bulldogs trials and where the sides were at who played in Las Vegas.
If Parra is tuned anywhere near those sides, and Bulldogs haven't made a significant improvement over past two weeks, they may struggle.
We have to keep turning their big guys around. Kick on the second or third.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
24 hour update:

Parramatta Eels
v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Sat March 9 2024, 5:30pm at CommBank Stadium, Parramatta / Burramattagal

Parramatta Eels

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Bailey Simonsson 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Morgan Harper 5. Sean Russell 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Joey Lussick 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Bryce Cartwright 13. J'maine Hopgood

14. Brendan Hands 15. Ryan Matterson 16. Joe Ofahengaue 17. Kelma Tuilagi

20. Luca Moretti 22. Blaize Talagi

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

1. Blake Taaffe 2. Blake Wilson 3. Jacob Kiraz 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Drew Hutchison 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Poasa Faamausili 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Jacob Preston 13. Jaeman Salmon

14. Kurt Mann 15. Samuel Hughes 16. Josh Curran 17. Kurtis Morrin

22. Connor Tracey 23. Kitione Kautoga

Referees: Grant Atkins;Sideline Officials: Damian Brady, Chris Sutton;Video Referees: Liam Kennedy;

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
24 hour update:

Parramatta Eels
v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Sat March 9 2024, 5:30pm at CommBank Stadium, Parramatta / Burramattagal

Parramatta Eels

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Bailey Simonsson 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Morgan Harper 5. Sean Russell 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Joey Lussick 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Bryce Cartwright 13. J'maine Hopgood

14. Brendan Hands 15. Ryan Matterson 16. Joe Ofahengaue 17. Kelma Tuilagi

20. Luca Moretti 22. Blaize Talagi

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

1. Blake Taaffe 2. Blake Wilson 3. Jacob Kiraz 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Drew Hutchison 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Poasa Faamausili 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Jacob Preston 13. Jaeman Salmon

14. Kurt Mann 15. Samuel Hughes 16. Josh Curran 17. Kurtis Morrin

22. Connor Tracey 23. Kitione Kautoga

Referees: Grant Atkins;Sideline Officials: Damian Brady, Chris Sutton;Video Referees: Liam Kennedy;
Teams are bolded too. They know what they're doing and I'm glad you shared it

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should be a good contest. I think RCG and JP are both on the slide and dont offer as much as before.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What worries me is the difference between the level of intensity in the Bulldogs trials and where the sides were at who played in Las Vegas.
If Parra is tuned anywhere near those sides, and Bulldogs haven't made a significant improvement over past two weeks, they may struggle.
We have to keep turning their big guys around. Kick on the second or third.
we are not kicking on second or third FMD

Status
Not open for further replies.