Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Discussion thread 5:30pm @ CommBank Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm sick of Parra owning us for the past however many years. It used to be the other way around for a long time..

Their side is beatable, but their massive pack could be the difference. Which will give Moses, Brown and Gutherson quick play the balls. If we somehow prevent that, we win.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty much what we expected from CC.

I don't have much hope, but hopefully his faith in his favourites works out. Taaffe is a prime candidate to become Perham 2.0. CC really seems to love having tiny blokes in our side

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few changes I would have had. Xerri at centre with Kiraz on the wing. Would have sex on legs at 7. Curran at 13 instead of Salmon. Either way boys should be competitive. Quietly confident we get a win.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is it though? He’s an average player who was made to look better than he was playing in a shit team. He doesn’t make our team this year either.
And yet players like Burton failed to stand out in a shit team lol

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing we are forgetting is that both trials were played in wet and slippery conditions.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
burton will be goal kicking for the time being don't think crighton is 100% to do goal kicking just yet and Taaffe is terrible at them
Thats another reason why I would prefer Sexton to Hutcherson, he is a pretty handy goal kicker. also, I would like to see Wilson play fullback, he is a great catcher of the ball and after Taffe's terrible display last week I think part of Parramatta's plan will be for Mitchel to pepper Taffe with bombs, I just hope Taffe regains his confidence after that shocker against the Sharks because he's definitely going to need it.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m not sure about Hutch.
none of us know what he’s like at training and he was pretty good in the first trial, but so was Sexy, and Hutch was basically non existent in the second trial, except when he fucked up?
This one makes me as nervous as our bench players with 12yo bodies.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thats another reason why I would prefer Sexton to Hutcherson, he is a pretty handy goal kicker. also, I would like to see Wilson play fullback, he is a great catcher of the ball and after Taffe's terrible display last week I think part of Parramatta's plan will be for Mitchel to pepper Taffe with bombs, I just hope Taffe regains his confidence after that shocker against the Sharks because he's definitely going to need it.
do agree sexton should be ahead of Hutchinson.

Wilson better off on the wing at this stage with Taaffe at fb until Tracey becomes available then I'd switch it.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can we get that game like 20’years ago

2004 Round 1 v Eels

One of my all time fav
Had a very special player lining up in the centres that day too ;) only difference this guy has scored 4 grand final tries :p

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of the reasons we beat the Eels in 2022 was because TPJ went after the RCG early on and put them off their game, Vaughn also stood up. Our boys held played well against the huge sharks pack so I'm kind of confident that the eels won't roll us through the middle and allow Moses to kick us out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.