Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
theres a lot of passengers on the doggies bus, players standing there watching their mates try and make a tackle, knights players when being tackled are still making huge meters

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
On the upside ... it’s their first match in shit conditions. Can we get any worse?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Napa is done

Hetherington is the only forward I liked tonight, early on he was breaking tackles and hard to handle. Elliott & Waddell look good in attacking zones but don't generate quick play the balls.
Been saying for a while Napa is a dead loss but unfortunately we are stuck with him until his contract is finished and we can get a replacement. I had some hope for him when he joined us but he has been poor to say the least.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First time a Canterbury player has scored multiple tries since Meaney scored 3 V Brisbane round 25 in 2019!

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric roaming about fucking time let him be the madness!!!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Smart thinking by the ref, a few 6 against late in the game, then no one can question it. If the game finishes with a penalty count 5-0 and a 6 again count 5-0 its hard to justify. But if its 5-3 6 agains then anyone who looks at the stats will be like dogs were just ill disciplined.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How concerned should we be people ? I mean help me understand this whole thing?? Cos I’m stumped. Not even our average 12 points yet.
It's literally just the forward pack that needs major fixing. The problem is we're going to struggle against every pack in the comp.

My worry is mainly having crap starts to the season ie losing 3 in a row then confidence is gone.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How concerned should we be people ? I mean help me understand this whole thing?? Cos I’m stumped. Not even our average 12 points yet.
I wouldnt worry until round 11. Parra used to flog teams in round 1 and then go on to win the wooden spoon.