Roosters Lead Race for Teen Sensation

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hmmm. I wonder who he'll choose? You'd think he wouldn't go to Rugby.

Hopefully the Walkers stints at Souths have led to some sort of Rooster hatred (although I think Chris played for the Rorters) and leads to him to choosing us.
I haven't heard positive things about our recruitment systems at the moment.. I may post in greater detail in a few weeks, CA is in charge but weve got 2 player agents off side and our recruitment method is not organised.. the recent sackings in our footy department have left some holes at moment.. also our pitch to players is from CA and Dean Pay and no perks are offered to sweeten any deals which since the offseason was asked for several times by several agents but refused.. thats all i got..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I haven't heard positive things about our recruitment systems at the moment.. I may post in greater detail in a few weeks, CA is in charge but weve got 2 player agents off side and our recruitment method is not organised.. the recent sackings in our footy department have left some holes at moment.. also our pitch to players is from CA and Dean Pay and no perks are offered to sweeten any deals which since the offseason was asked for several times by several agents but refused.. thats all i got..
That's worrying to hear. In an ever competitive market for players, all stops have to be pulled out to recruit them. You hear about Joey recruiting for the Roosters sitting down face to face with players, Slater doing it for the Storm and Mini getting involved with the Teddy signing and that sort of thing is what helps entice players.

That and the extra money and benefits they throw into their deals and it's no wonder we struggle to recruit. If we aren't coming close to meeting the agents demands, other clubs will and to be offside with a few agents completely limits the players we can sign.

For too long our club has had old school methods when it comes to recruiting which clearly haven't been working and things need to change in a hurry otherwise we'll be left behind for another five years.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No wonder no one of significance signs with us. What’s their pitch I wonder? Come and help us avoid the spoon

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
No wonder no one of significance signs with us. What’s their pitch I wonder? Come and help us avoid the spoon
we are shit so you have a better chance to play and then get big money from the roosters after a few years

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
we are shit so you have a better chance to play and then get big money from the roosters after a few years
Have faith man, have faith. If Parramatta and Newcastle can emerge from the mess they were in then we can too. We haven't yet reached the level of shitness those clubs did.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's worrying to hear. In an ever competitive market for players, all stops have to be pulled out to recruit them. You hear about Joey recruiting for the Roosters sitting down face to face with players, Slater doing it for the Storm and Mini getting involved with the Teddy signing and that sort of thing is what helps entice players.

That and the extra money and benefits they throw into their deals and it's no wonder we struggle to recruit. If we aren't coming close to meeting the agents demands, other clubs will and to be offside with a few agents completely limits the players we can sign.

For too long our club has had old school methods when it comes to recruiting which clearly haven't been working and things need to change in a hurry otherwise we'll be left behind for another five years.
Il post in more detail in near future.. but it would be a very long post..and this isnt to critisice anyone so i wont mention names, they all want to be successful..

but to summarise forget our on field performances, the football club operation at the moment needs alot of building.. we need experienced people hired.. too many important jobs are being done by too few inexperienced people at the moment.. the club wasnt run like this under all mangements for the past 20years under Folkes or Moore or Des.. one mans role at the moment is very broad, he makes all decisions about nearly everything from FG recruitment, to attending junior football for scouting kids, to negotiating with player managers, to firing and hiring staff in the football club to giving feedback & advice to Pay weekly re onfield FG performances.. working hard is good, but its not efficient at the moment, & they lack experience is their current roles, they need to build the contacts and relationships in the game to be successful in that sort of role..

these things will take time, and if its not working no pressure will come from the board as its in a clear majority .. the 2 unknown questions is how successful will the current rebuild be and how patient will the members be..

We will have a better idea by end of next season, as to what they decide with the coach and who theyve recruited for FG and how the football club operation is running..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I sincerely hope not
He's a quality player, I do understand why people don't like him though.
Imo he's a good goal kicker, excellent talker/organiser, good defender and support player... so much upside to his game, just a big team player.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suprised Roosters haven't talked on the sly to Jangala Bennett (in Sharks juniors system). Another very talented halves playing coming through the grades.

Roosters vs Broncos could be a nice salary cap showdown.

As for the player, sounds like a lot of hype and potentially over doing it.

I wonder if Roosters spoke to Ponga about a $4 million contract a year if he'd head over.
For one hes an outside back not a half i dont care where there playing him. 2 unless he turns himself into a barba type fullback, i dont think he has enough vision for a 7.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the Roosters beat everyone to sign this kid from NRL club to Union clubs .. they only go after the best Juniors..

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Heard it before but no doubting he’s got huge wraps saying best since Ponga in jrs.
Still a lot can happen especially innhalves. Ponga looked average as fuck in halves.

Still typical roosters.

Hope they lose trell.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard that before
Well I’ll bet you $100 that by age 19 he will of played nrl , Trent Robison personally called this kid to say I want you now Trent Robinson never does that. And he is the highest earner at that age. You will see , the kid is unreal

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well I’ll bet you $100 that by age 19 he will of played nrl , Trent Robison personally called this kid to say I want you now Trent Robinson never does that. And he is the highest earner at that age. You will see , the kid is unreal
That’s a shame we didn’t get him then.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck Trent Robinson, dude is always red in the face and awkward like he's been beating his meat before taking an interview

BELMORE

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Heard that before as well

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone hates the Rorter$ but people class the Storm and Vroncs in the same category..

NO Club signs the calibre and quantitu of junior gun players & poaches established NRL stars as the Rorter$ do..

If u xant beat em join them.. f*ck being a 'development ' club.. be whatever that wons games & comps..