Roberts Lovers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hazmak

Let's just hope Benny doesn't jump on The Kennel.

Not rating a player is one thing - but to basically call them **** is just unfair and disrespectful. He plays for the Bulldogs and no doubt tries his best.

If you don't rate him as a player, fine, but don't go completely writing the kid off on a public forum.

I hope you all can eat humble pie when he dominates.
US...sorry to say this, but get of ur high horse.

My threads have been in Sherwin's defence, not in writing Ben Roberts off. Everyone on these forums has said that Sherwin has had 50+ chances, and I went out to prove that he didn't.

Ben Roberts may become a fine player, but at the time being, he is not a better footballer than Sherwin. This statement can be made based on Sherwin's experience and track record.

It is also a fact that Sherwin is earning roughly 5 times more than Roberts, and hence for the good of the club, it is better to give Sherwin another go at FG, and if he is STILL failing to perform, then get rid of him, for the good of the club. There is no point filibustering around with Sherwin in PL while he is earning 300+k / yr. Either give him his go, and decide on his fate, or continue to shoot ourselves in the foot financially.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
US...sorry to say this, but get of ur high horse.

My threads have been in Sherwin's defence, not in writing Ben Roberts off. Everyone on these forums has said that Sherwin has had 50+ chances, and I went out to prove that he didn't.

Ben Roberts may become a fine player, but at the time being, he is not a better footballer than Sherwin. This statement can be made based on Sherwin's experience and track record.

It is also a fact that Sherwin is earning roughly 5 times more than Roberts, and hence for the good of the club, it is better to give Sherwin another go at FG, and if he is STILL failing to perform, then get rid of him, for the good of the club. There is no point filibustering around with Sherwin in PL while he is earning 300+k / yr. Either give him his go, and decide on his fate, or continue to shoot ourselves in the foot financially.
I applaud this post. Very true and straight to the point. Sherwin's 05 season was not half as bad people here have made out to be, and while he wasn't so crash hot all year last year, he did eventually get alot better and when the semi's came he was at his best.

I will a happy man once Sherwin returns and dominates..

B

Ben Godberts

using the injuries is an easy excuse 4 sherwin.
06 had a full strength team was dropped and struggled all yr if he was so great like u say we would of won the comp cus the pack did its bit.
but sherwin never strung good games together not the mark of a class halfback

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i wish we could just go a day without 2-3 roberts bashing, sherwin loving threads.

T

tallis12

have u people even seen hikaka play before.....i rate the kid....he has alot of talent. Not ever player is going 2 be a sonny bill....they take time. Support our junior players....dont bag em out...they are a future after all...sherwin is sooner or later going 2 have 2 leave ..players have 2 retire and move on...i still think sherwin could get a crack soon ...but at least give roberts a chance. ....he has been okay so far....he is part of our team so i support all 17 players that wear the dogs jersey every week, not sure if some of u's do though.
Yeh ive seen this bloke play a couple of times hes a real talent in the games ive seen him play in yeh and i agree support the up and comings boys cause they could be the ones winning you a grand final in 5 to 10 years time.;)

Ive been to i cant count how many qld cup footy matches just to go see the young blokes battle it out and im warning you guys watch out for a player called dave taylor youve probs heard of him this guys as strong as an ox and it wont be to far before hes in top grade.;)

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeh ive seen this bloke play a couple of times hes a real talent in the games ive seen him play in yeh and i agree support the up and comings boys cause they could be the ones winning you a grand final in 5 to 10 years time.;)

Ive been to i cant count how many qld cup footy matches just to go see the young blokes battle it out and im warning you guys watch out for a player called dave taylor youve probs heard of him this guys as strong as an ox and it wont be to far before hes in top grade.;)
lol unless you've been to NZ and seen him play for Northern Storm, or come down and seen him play flegg, then u hvant seen him play lol

btw, dave taylor played FG last year....he'll be in the mix soon enough

T

tallis12

lol unless you've been to NZ and seen him play for Northern Storm, or come down and seen him play flegg, then u hvant seen him play lol

btw, dave taylor played FG last year....he'll be in the mix soon enough
Yeh i came down to see a mate and we went to one of the flegg games and im pretty sure it was him.

Yeh dave taylor made his debut last year in origin time against the souths i think he should make fg this year hes such a tank of a player and the nicest guy.:grinning:

H

Haztrick

It seems with Renis Bro (whatever the hell he is calling himself now) and a few of the others, if you don't agree with them, then you're an idiot.

I back Roberts 100% of the way but I also like Sherwin and if he could get back to his best (which he hasn't been able to do in 2 years and that's a fact) then he is a very dominant player and would be great to see, but I can't see that happening and neither can a lot of others.

Roberts is a very good young player and is our future. He might not be making 10 try assists a match, but he's still only young and he's still learning. He is gaining confidence and getting better each week. It's appalling some of the abuse he cops on these forums and equally as bad when true supporters like myself, Alan etc etc back him up and then we get sh*t put on us every day.

H

Hazmak

It seems with Renis Bro (whatever the hell he is calling himself now) and a few of the others, if you don't agree with them, then you're an idiot.

I back Roberts 100% of the way but I also like Sherwin and if he could get back to his best (which he hasn't been able to do in 2 years and that's a fact) then he is a very dominant player and would be great to see, but I can't see that happening and neither can a lot of others.

Roberts is a very good young player and is our future. He might not be making 10 try assists a match, but he's still only young and he's still learning. He is gaining confidence and getting better each week. It's appalling some of the abuse he cops on these forums and equally as bad when true supporters like myself, Alan etc etc back him up and then we get sh*t put on us every day.

Go **** yourself.

The only sentence you know how to string together usually accuses everyone but you of being a "true supporter".

Get over it.

Sherwin is on 300k a year, and deserves ONE FINAL SHOT before the club gets rid of him. He is a financial burden on the club and if he is not playing FG, he should not be playing at the bulldogs. Simple.

H

Haztrick

I meant a true Roberts supporter, so you can go fu** yourself. Thanks.

One final shot? Like the last 2 years I suposse?

Anastabation

Reaction score
I think Roberts has a lot of potential. I'd like to see the club extend his deal. But for 2007 Sherwin is the obvious candidate for a premiership half back. From what I have heard he has been strong in premier league. I think Folkes is leaving him down there to make Sherwin hungry again after a couple of years where maybe he struggled for motivation at different times. I see Roberts as an ideal interchange player when Folkes decides to bring Sherwin back.

M

Mr Miyagi

Who is this renis bro ADD.
I dont understand how he can not agree with you on Ben Roberts :love:
He is better than mortimer, Lamb, pollamounter and Sherwin put together.
He is the future to the bulldogs and Im with you all the way ADD.
And any one who does not agree with ADD is a n idiot
We love you ADD :love:
I also wanted to comment on the nice baby pic you posted of yourself, how cute :love:

M

Mr Miyagi

I meant a true Roberts supporter, so you can go fu** yourself. Thanks.

One final shot? Like the last 2 years I suposse?
Yeah Sherman had such a great team to lead around AAD in 2005 and he did nothing in 2006.
If it was not for Roberts we would not have won the comp in 2004 either
AAD once again I bow down to your knowledge :love:

T

tallis12

Go **** yourself.

The only sentence you know how to string together usually accuses everyone but you of being a "true supporter".

Get over it.

Sherwin is on 300k a year, and deserves ONE FINAL SHOT before the club gets rid of him. He is a financial burden on the club and if he is not playing FG, he should not be playing at the bulldogs. Simple.

Very well said mate.:D

H

Haztrick

Yeah Sherman had such a great team to lead around AAD in 2005 and he did nothing in 2006.
If it was not for Roberts we would not have won the comp in 2004 either
AAD once again I bow down to your knowledge :love:
I admire your maturity. I hope to be as mature and cool as you when I reach 27.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I am only new, but looking through I am getting upset seeing all these people bagging out Ben Roberts.
I think he is the next Darren Lockyer and will be the best player in the world.
So I decided to make a thread supporting my favourite player in the world :love: :love: :love:
I am also a nigawini fan and I think he will eventualy be the next superstar hooker.
:p
i agree with u entirely bro

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think some people need to stop dwelling on the past.. it's 2007, not 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.