Roberts deal improves Broncos salary cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
same as the sam burgess deal, reported as $1.1 million a season yet the rabbits have room under the cap, again the benefit of a high and rorted 3rd part deal
fro transparency the nrl should release how much of a players deal is done by 3rd party, they dont need to list $$$$ figures but should be saying in what percentage they get from 3rd party
the way it looks at present the roberts deal is close to a 50/50 which under actual salary cap the broncos couldnt do
Exactly. I don't seriously believe 99% of these stupid rumours of various clubs cheating the cap, but they spring up because of the utter lack of transparency. You look at any major US sport and the exact amount charged to the cap each year for each player is public knowledge. No reason not to make that known.

LCD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's not necessarily a salary cap cheat.

It's more likely the simple consequence of having one team in a Rugby League mad city of over 2 million people. Each Sydney team competes with 8 other Sydney teams for third party deals. The Broncos have a monopoly locally. The sooner there's more teams in Brisbane (and, ideally, fewer in Sydney), the better.
Don't kid yourself POM_81 I've lived in Brisbane my whole 40 odd years and the brown paper bags and pokies at Red Hill are rumors even some of their fans brag about. Wouldn't mind seeing the full extent of some rather large real estate developments over the years too, not just a house here and there but whole freaking estates. Where there is smoke there is fire as they say and I've heard enough over the last 20 odd years to believe its more than rival clubs jealous fans. It just easier for them to hide behind 3rd party payments and sack staff members so they don't have to answer questions these days.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't kid yourself POM_81 I've lived in Brisbane my whole 40 odd years and the brown paper bags and pokies at Red Hill are rumors even some of their fans brag about. Wouldn't mind seeing the full extent of some rather large real estate developments over the years too, not just a house here and there but whole freaking estates. Where there is smoke there is fire as they say and I've heard enough over the last 20 odd years to believe its more than rival clubs jealous fans. It just easier for them to hide behind 3rd party payments and sack staff members so they don't have to answer questions these days.
Transparency would help a hell of a lot, wouldn't you agree?

Even if a club sponsor came out and said "yes, we're giving this player a free house in exchange for smiling for a couple of photos", at least that would be a clear statement of what had happened. It would also stop some rumours when a superstar signs a deal for what appears to be a relatively small figure.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Transparency would help a hell of a lot, wouldn't you agree?

Even if a club sponsor came out and said "yes, we're giving this player a free house in exchange for smiling for a couple of photos", at least that would be a clear statement of what had happened. It would also stop some rumours when a superstar signs a deal for what appears to be a relatively small figure.
That is unless the sponsor could be viewed as misappropriating funds by their own organisation or shareholders. I'm sure there's some smoke and mirrors when it comes to sponsors and their deals as well. You don't just throw large amounts of cash at a football team without getting anything in return (or do you! )

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Back ended contracts look at what Farah and Tigers are going through

My mate up there deals with Broncos players and I'll tell you what the NRL See's is above board but what happens with real estate and other incentives they don't. Also these kids are put on pedestals since they are 14/15 years old everything is gifted to them

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Let the donkeys have there unlimited salary cap team it even better when they lose

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
NRL neeed to overhaul the salary cap.

If a club doesn't have the cap space immmediately to sign a player, they shouldn't be allowed to sign them up, then offload other players. It's unfair!!

Then again...

All the salary cap in the NRL can't buy a new set of hands for Ben Hunt!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Before a player leaves the Roosters/Broncos/Souffs.

"X player is staying for less money because of INSERT GULLIBLE REASON HERE''

After a player leaves Roosters/Broncos/Souffs.

"X player was on 900 billion dollars so we can afford to sign half the NRL and the other half of Super League"
:roflol::lol:

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Transparency means clear, and it's quite clear these bastards cheat the cap

Status
Not open for further replies.