Not open for further replies.

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
Rnd 5 Post-match discussion:Bulldogs v Bunnies

Malla

Reaction score
Matt Utai

After seeing his second half stint on the wing, I think it's pretty clear he should be starting ahead of El Masri.

edit: *sarcasm statement incase ya'll missed it*

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
are you serious?

you must of been watching a different game to me. He nearly cost us the game twice.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I got no more hair left to lose, sure why not! He is so unsafe with the ball, I am a nervous wreck when he runs the ball and defends.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
to be honest i have been a big fan of Utai in 02,03,04,06...sorry to say but i think he should be dropped.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not after what I saw. Surely this is a gee up.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, this has to be a gee up

utai is a liability, shouldn't be seen in first grade again this year

Malla

Reaction score
Im thinking maybe his headgear was strapped on too tight which would explain why he dropped so many ball.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he stopped back peddling he would have had a chance of catching the bomb.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
his great in attack but his winger days are over.... if he is gonna play impact second rower but needs to work on his defence

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
whats wrong with Utai?

I was kicking my footy around at the park earlier, an AFL ball also and a 5 year old is able to catch a bomb I put up for him but Utai can't?
wtf how much are they paying Utai?

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
was there any point in bringing him on as a reserve, surely there are other guys in the lower grades who can CATCH a ball.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he is only good once he catches it and has control of the ball

unfortunately there are other things he needs to do

whatever you say, it was terrible conditions and hazem didnt do too much better when he was tested

i just dont like having a wing rotation at all, pick one and thats it

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we should put Nanai replace El Masri

and Idris back in for Millard

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you'd prolly stick with Maz.... But Utai was one of the only dogs to make a line break... he had some bad mistakes aswell.. no doubt he adds starch to our hit ups.

I think its pretty clear that the dogs have attacking worries. I've bagged Millard before... but i thought he had a good game. still the trouble is he doesn't pose a threat in attack. I still think Idris should come back in... maybe even on the wing... BK hasn't been the silver bullet we were hoping for. Credit to Ben Roberts. Again strong in defence, brilliant 40/20, strong running the ball. Stagg was solid again. couldn't help but notice that he fell off Asotasi a few times though. he's got heart but did get pushed around by the big bunnies forwards at times. Warburton was pedestrian. Hannant was excellent. as was goodwin. Josh Morris is about the only doggies player that continually poses a threat in attack. Ennis was creative out of dummy half.... but only occasionally. we are not seeing enough potency from him. the rest had so so games.... Gordon had limited opportunities but showed some strenght running the ball.

In summary, with all the possesion souths had, they should have put 20 on us. credit to bulldogs defense. In saying that, souths didn't pose many questions in attack. their last tackle options were awful. the bulldogs aren't going to pose serious questions to the competitions big guns. We just don't have enough fire power

Status
Not open for further replies.