Rib Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Is there a more uncomfortable injury? last weekend i fell while trying to catch the train, and it appears I've bruised a rib, now whenever I move it feels like i'm getting punched. Should probably go to the doctors for some painkillers. The only injury I've had that comes close was dislocating my jaw

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Might be a collapsed lung? Done myne a few times.. Is your breathing off at all?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Might be a collapsed lung? Done myne a few times.. Is your breathing off at all?
nah, and my sleep is fine as well, hence why i didn't go to a Dr. It's just horrible when you're relaxed and you do something to aggravate it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
nah, and my sleep is fine as well, hence why i didn't go to a Dr. It's just horrible when you're relaxed and you do something to aggravate it
True. Should just get it checked out if it hasn't really got any better in the last week though.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I currently have 2 fractured ribs, endone and tramadol aren't doing shit.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Fractured ribs hurt like hell man!! I fractured & dislocated 4 coming off my motorbike once and every bloody movement feels like you are being stabbed it is horrible man. Sorry to hear that, that is the last thing you need!! How did you manage that?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fractured ribs hurt like hell man!! I fractured & dislocated 4 coming off my motorbike once and every bloody movement feels like you are being stabbed it is horrible man. Sorry to hear that, that is the last thing you need!! How did you manage that?
Take forever to heal too.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Because I've lost a heap of muscle and bone density due to my illness, I cracked them helping the misses move a tv unit. I was crouched down like the Viets do and tried to lift and I actually heard them crack lol first time I have broken a bone in my life.

I wish I could say I fell off a bike lol

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because I've lost a heap of muscle and bone density due to my illness, I cracked them helping the misses move a tv unit. I was crouched down like the Viets do and tried to lift and I actually heard them crack lol first time I have broken a bone in my life.

Far out, no good brother! Maybe don't tell that story n say you broke them saving an old lady's cat from a deranged lunatic threatening to shave the cat or something lol! Hope ur going well mate

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tough injury as you can't do a lot about it.

My old man cracked on in a coughing fit recently, but he has a condition that affects his bone density (can't remember what its called).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Far out, no good brother! Maybe don't tell that story n say you broke them saving an old lady's cat from a deranged lunatic threatening to shave the cat or something lol! Hope ur going well mate
Actually it was a street fight against 5 guys lol

Thanks brother, I'm ok, just the meds are fucking me up.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tough injury as you can't do a lot about it.

My old man cracked on in a coughing fit recently, but he has a condition that affects his bone density (can't remember what its called).
Osteoporosis?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Osteoporosis?
No. But i did have to double check the name with my mother: Paget's Disease.

Its basically some sort of bone disorder that causes abnormal size and shapes of bones and weajens them.

I know he takes panadol osteo or wbatever its caused.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is there a more uncomfortable injury? last weekend i fell while trying to catch the train, and it appears I've bruised a rib, now whenever I move it feels like i'm getting punched. Should probably go to the doctors for some painkillers. The only injury I've had that comes close was dislocating my jaw
I've never had a cracked rib so I can't comment on how it feels, but I currently have a broken bone in my foot. I have to do loads of walking as well as climbing on and off a scissor lift at work so I'm generally pretty happy to get home and sit down every afternoon. I hope everybody here recuperates in record time.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No. But i did have to double check the name with my mother: Paget's Disease.

Its basically some sort of bone disorder that causes abnormal size and shapes of bones and weajens them.

I know he takes panadol osteo or wbatever its caused.
I hope it doesn't affect him too badly.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I've never had a cracked rib so I can't comment on how it feels, but I currently have a broken bone in my foot. I have to do loads of walking as well as climbing on and off a scissor lift at work so I'm generally pretty happy to get home and sit down every afternoon. I hope everybody here recuperates in record time.
You & me both man. Did a very good job of mine... I got a fractured fib & heel bone plus I also have what's called an avulsion fracture where I snapped a tendon I my foot & in doing so also tore some chunks of bone off with it. In a cast for 6-8 weeks & gotta go see a surgeon next week. The best part is I went to Wollongong hospital & they told me everything was fine just a sprained ankle!!!

That's tough man sorry to hear that hope it heals well!! You really do need a better story! I like the one about fighting 5 guys that could work

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You & me both man. Did a very good job of mine... I got a fractured fib & heel bone plus I also have what's called an avulsion fracture where I snapped a tendon I my foot & in doing so also tore some chunks of bone off with it. In a cast for 6-8 weeks & gotta go see a surgeon next week. The best part is I went to Wollongong hospital & they told me everything was fine just a sprained ankle!!!

That's tough man sorry to hear that hope it heals well!! You really do need a better story! I like the one about fighting 5 guys that could work
Ouch. Yours sounds way worse. I still haven't even bothered with the doctor with mine. Not much they can do for bones near the toes. I've just hobbled round trying to keep the weight on my big toe or my heel. How did you bust yours. I just stepped on half a step while drinking and slipped off to land toes first a couple of weeks back.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ouch. Yours sounds way worse. I still haven't even bothered with the doctor with mine. Not much they can do for bones near the toes. I've just hobbled round trying to keep the weight on my big toe or my heel. How did you bust yours. I just stepped on half a step while drinking and slipped off to land toes first a couple of weeks back.
That sucks many still hurts like hell I bet!!

I was playing soccer, running full bore & went to tackle a guy ended up landing on the side of his ankle just rolled out on my ankle hard to describe really but there was a couple of cracks and my ankle swelled to the size of a balloon so knew straight away something was wrong!!

Status
Not open for further replies.