Rumour RFM has been shopped around by Coach without him knowing

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok I have snooped around and got some more intel on this one:

He is being shopped with the idea the doggs pitch in 50k off his next contract per annum, paid in a lump sum to the player. So I think that means it just goes on next years cap only.

I do not know his contract value, but hypothetically its 350, we pay 50, new club pays the rest. For the remaining two years of his deal.

Tigers and Saints are interested but they want the club to pitch in a little more, they are looking for a bargain deal.

Newcastle have been spoken too as well, but no specifics known from my sources end.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I have snooped around and got some more intel on this one:

He is being shopped with the idea the doggs pitch in 50k off his next contract per annum, paid in a lump sum to the player. So I think that means it just goes on next years cap only.

I do not know his contract value, but hypothetically its 350, we pay 50, new club pays the rest. For the remaining two years of his deal.

Tigers and Saints are interested but they want the club to pitch in a little more, they are looking for a bargain deal.

Newcastle have been spoken too as well, but no specifics known from my sources end.
What would be the point.. close to minimum wage.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This is true.
But who?
.... Or is it whom...?

Oh, who(m) cares?
I actually want firm clarification on what our squad is next year.

There are players listed that I struggle to believe are actually top 30 next year.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's not easy trying to figure it out.
Hoping we learn from year 1 of CCs reign and seriously go after what we need which we all agree are some brutal forwards.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBH, moving a guy on who was identified as the cultural leader of the club 6 months ago is a pretty big fck up from Ciro. If we are chipping in to get rid of him it’s not like it’s a lot of cash freed up so we can’t replace him with anyone decent.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
TBH, moving a guy on who was identified as the cultural leader of the club 6 months ago is a pretty big fck up from Ciro. If we are chipping in to get rid of him it’s not like it’s a lot of cash freed up so we can’t replace him with anyone decent.
It’s f’in ridiculous.
Firstly the point you just made.
Secondly he played ok (not great, just ok) after spending the best part of 2 years injured and out of action.
Why on earth would you extend someone injury prone for THREE years?
I don’t think he was that in demand wherein we could not have agreed on two years.
I question whether he was worth being re-signed at all. Didn’t Gus say when he first came to our club that our problem was we had too many players on that 400ish per year region? I remember that being communicated sometime around the Elliott drama

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not easy trying to figure it out.
Hoping we learn from year 1 of CCs reign and seriously go after what we need which we all agree are some brutal forwards.
What I think we need;
One hard working middle. A Tolman type. We need better defensive glue.
One boom forward. Haas type. A line bender. I actually would like someone like Hazelton here who would come cheap.
Re-sign Thommo.
This then gives us the triple whammy of defensive improvement, line busting and speed.

When those are sorted, I’d like to focus again on our halves. We need a number 14 type. Are the Sullivan rumours true?
Ideally we get Ben Hunt here but sounds like that won’t happen. I still want Townsend in lieu of that but no one is on the same page as me here.

Oh yeah and I think Wilson should take Casey’s spot as winger depth.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What I think we need;
One hard working middle. A Tolman type. We need better defensive glue.
One boom forward. Haas type. A line bender. I actually would like someone like Hazelton here who would come cheap.
Re-sign Thommo.
This then gives us the triple whammy of defensive improvement, line busting and speed.

When those are sorted, I’d like to focus again on our halves. We need a number 14 type. Are the Sullivan rumours true?
Ideally we get Ben Hunt here but sounds like that won’t happen. I still want Townsend in lieu of that but no one is on the same page as me here.

Oh yeah and I think Wilson should take Casey’s spot as winger depth.
Speaking of injury prone. How much you gunna sign Thommo for?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Or we could just burn the money cause the **** will be injured and never play
He broke a foot and got a bad head knock, beyond that for his whole career he has been injury free.

Its not like he has done his ACL twice.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should go to PNG for a couple of middles. Simple role - run hard, bend the line and quick play the ball. You’d get 2 players for RFMs cash and these guys would go hard every game

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We should go to PNG for a couple of middles. Simple role - run hard, bend the line and quick play the ball. You’d get 2 players for RFMs cash and these guys would go hard every game
Weird

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why?

PNGians are tough mofos
There isn’t many that are nrl quality.

I still maintain the best strategy is to raid England. There are a lot of players that would be guns with Aussie coaching. There’s been heaps the last ten years alone.
Bateman, Burgess boys, Graham, Whitehead, Thompson, Ellis etc

At the very least we can get the next Tolman defender