Official RFM granted immediate release

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We still have topine on our books and hasnt been sighted.. or has he?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How does kitone kautoga go? He might have to step up lol, we are fucked if we don’t get anyone

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
@TwinTurbo do u know of our potential savings on this
Lots of possible scenarios with this one, 2 years on the contract, already 3 months in, Veteran Player allowance, who is paying what share, did RFM ask, did we push, bit of both etc. No clear path yet.

Always a Bulldog

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And people wanted flange senior as our coach because he was a recognised NRL coach that could attract talent. Lmfao.
Tough year for anyone to attract talent to be honest. We've been the biggest movers in the market I'd think. But for what it's worth plenty of players people don't rate from many clubs found new homes. From our club
Waddell supposedly wouldn't get another deal elsewhere according to his haters.
Flanagan wouldn't either (let's forget the daddy factor for the sake of discussion).
Alomoti was only getting a deal from a desperate club.

On the flip side people were salivating about the prospect of Twal. Twal is solid, but this year it seems like you could've had the worst shit show of a season this and last year and you'll still get snapped up.

So this late in the pre season, signing someone who can produce solid on a regular basis for the season to come is like securing a three time Dally M winner on a ten year deal for peanuts. I'm hoping we've agreed to terms to acquire a prop. Releasing RFM leads me to think we might have someone lined up. But I wouldn't assume it'll be the known star we crave.

So playing the guessing game.
I'd hazard a guess that we'll sign some forward that's been stuck behind a good pack due to short-medium term injuries whenever he hits his stride. The only reason he's still contracted is because he's had a handful of cracker games when he first made the NRL and looked way too good for reserves while he's fit.

I'd actually love more King type signings. We've lost a few players that have left just when they're getting their shit together at NRL level. Averill and Meaney IMO played their best football for us at the end of their time here.

Meaney isn't first choice fullback as I guess was his ambition. But he'd be close to first choice when anyone in their backline goes down. When he left he'd learned better how to go into tackles without getting pushed back and was timing support runs better. Probably his biggest deefect was running too upright at guys that could manhandle him.

Averillo IMO has mostly overcome his aversion to taking on the line after copping a heavy tackle. Still going to take time to get his defence to standard.

But one of our specialties as a club used to be plucking fringe players and giving them the chances they were missing elsewhere. O'Meley, Ryan, Pritchard, Vagana etc. All had tasted NRL, some were regulars. But most of them would tell you their best football began at our club and generally within a year of their time here.

So I really hope we snap up one or two hidden gems. King, Kiraz, Preston are recruits that arrived with minimal fanfare and earned fans quickly. There's every chance we'll scoop up an underrated talent to join our bookends this year.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tough year for anyone to attract talent to be honest. We've been the biggest movers in the market I'd think. But for what it's worth plenty of players people don't rate from many clubs found new homes. From our club
Waddell supposedly wouldn't get another deal elsewhere according to his haters.
Flanagan wouldn't either (let's forget the daddy factor for the sake of discussion).
Alomoti was only getting a deal from a desperate club.

On the flip side people were salivating about the prospect of Twal. Twal is solid, but this year it seems like you could've had the worst shit show of a season this and last year and you'll still get snapped up.

So this late in the pre season, signing someone who can produce solid on a regular basis for the season to come is like securing a three time Dally M winner on a ten year deal for peanuts. I'm hoping we've agreed to terms to acquire a prop. Releasing RFM leads me to think we might have someone lined up. But I wouldn't assume it'll be the known star we crave.

So playing the guessing game.
I'd hazard a guess that we'll sign some forward that's been stuck behind a good pack due to short-medium term injuries whenever he hits his stride. The only reason he's still contracted is because he's had a handful of cracker games when he first made the NRL and looked way too good for reserves while he's fit.

I'd actually love more King type signings. We've lost a few players that have left just when they're getting their shit together at NRL level. Averill and Meaney IMO played their best football for us at the end of their time here.

Meaney isn't first choice fullback as I guess was his ambition. But he'd be close to first choice when anyone in their backline goes down. When he left he'd learned better how to go into tackles without getting pushed back and was timing support runs better. Probably his biggest deefect was running too upright at guys that could manhandle him.

Averillo IMO has mostly overcome his aversion to taking on the line after copping a heavy tackle. Still going to take time to get his defence to standard.

But one of our specialties as a club used to be plucking fringe players and giving them the chances they were missing elsewhere. O'Meley, Ryan, Pritchard, Vagana etc. All had tasted NRL, some were regulars. But most of them would tell you their best football began at our club and generally within a year of their time here.

So I really hope we snap up one or two hidden gems. King, Kiraz, Preston are recruits that arrived with minimal fanfare and earned fans quickly. There's every chance we'll scoop up an underrated talent to join our bookends this year.
Another great post AL. Happy for the drags to scrape the bottom of our Barrel

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last I heard the NRL was reviewing our request for a medical dispensation for this season. Maybe they are too busy looking for visas.

Always a Bulldog
So it’s ok for Bennett to fat shame Val Te Whare in public and send him to boot camp but we need dispensation for a reserve grader who gets called out on his work ethic.

That will do me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who’d have said under contract RFM was off to the dragons 24 hours ago ..

Proof that anything is possible ..

I’m hoping there’s a couple of surprises in store for us before kick off ..

Trust in the process ..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So it’s ok for Bennett to fat shame Val Te Whare in public and send him to boot camp but we need dispensation for a reserve grader who gets called out on his work ethic.

That will do me
What! There is absolutely zero comparison between those scenarios.

Regardless of the cause Topine is unwell, medically declared, there is no farkin difference between mental and physical injuries. If he can’t play for whatever reason then we are well within our rights to ask for dispensation.

Always a Bulldog

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who ffs? There isn’t even any reserve grade options out there.
I didn't see the Curren signing coming. I'd say the Sexton deal was agreed to and signed off on within minutes of him getting released from the Tits. That was a huge surprise. There'd been loud rumblings about RFM for a while. But no whispers in the media (that I saw) about the dragqueens being his destination until minutes after his release.

So we might be on the verge of announcing players who's release we've negotiated quietly. It's quite common for a small flurry of activity to begin with the release of one player close to the season. Often it's just adjusting the composition of the depth. But it's a bit like shaking a colander. Something always drops out before everything settles. RFM moving might've given that colander the shake needed to get some late players shifts happening. Even if we pick up some bland as buggery 22-26yo prop that's busted his ass to get every contract so far who will bust his ass tackling and taking hitups, it'll be better than having a 30yo RFM kicking stones and bringing others down.

Let the tree shake and see what falls. I've been waiting for the usual pre season flurry of player movements. It'll be interesting to see if RFM is the first coconut to fall (not a race based pun, it's a coconut tree pun, promise)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are light on middle forwards yet we are happy to let our 'deadwood' captain leave with 2 years left on his deal = this proves how s#it ray really is.
Attitude is everything.

I don't think this was about ability at all, but his commitment to the team / club / coach etc.

Once a player shows bad attitude you've got to get them out the door otherwise they'll eat the culture up from within inside.

Well done Dogs in getting him out the door.