Official RFM granted immediate release

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dunno about this. Feel like he was a good bloke and a determined player who got let go for talking up for his team mates. Feels a bit unprofessional.
My take on this is he must've bought into what those players complained about. Otherwise they all couldve got past those issues.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could have 3 spots available now if topine don't come back and Montgomery, RFM both now gone . I can see Edwards or Morrin promoted and hopefully a couple of props somewhere

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Now that Mariner and Montgomery are gone and Sutton is injured who is next in line to fill our shortage of mids. It looks like Faamausil, Patolo and Kautoga will have to step up.

Maybe like Mariner a fringe mid from another club may get a release and we have the money to get them and then they could be in the box seat to establish an NRL psoition. Who might that be. Who might be willing to change clubs or be allowed to change clubs. It will be a player whose contract will end this season and perhaps is finding it hard to get a run in the NRL and yet have the potential to be a top NRL mid.

Maybe someone like Pasami Saulo, Jirah Momoisea or Sione Fainu. Maybe we should have done a swap with the Dragons for someone like Michael Molo.

Last edited:

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You would have to think Gus has this covered. I wasn’t too concerned about our forward sticks last week. Now we have lost Ray, Sutton has just had knee surgery and Patola hasn’t even had a run this preseason..
Whilst the younger props show promise they need 25 games behind them to be able to lead and start games when and if required.
I am sure Gus has this covered as we need depth.