Reynolds Vs Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whos the better 5/8?

Forget about their contracts etc just a question of ability on whos better at 5/8

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not a hard decision. One is off contract and the other isn't.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Id really like to see Mbye at 6 beside a decent halfback. Mbye has potential yet to fill if we can bring it out, Reynolds wont get any better

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not a hard decision. One is off contract and the other isn't.
Sad but true.

Mbye is the one with the multi-year contract while we don't have money to spend for Reynolds.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thing is Reynolds isn't a 5/8 and Moses isn't a halfback. These are just the positions Hasler "created" for them.

Neither plays like a half (actually I don't even know how Reynolds plays :p haha but it's unstructured and all over the place). In saying that I think we lose without him last week.

Mbye is a fullback/centre/hooker, Reynolds is undefinable. He was a hooker coming through but he is a utility/bench player/impact player.

Neither has a controlling kicking game, neither has a great passing game, neither can set up their outside player or go to the line with options. Not sure if it's a reflection of haslers game plan, player ability or a bit of both.

Who is the better 5/8? On current form it's 6 from one and half a dozen from the other.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think getting Cronk will let Mbye play his natural game and only then can we fully judge him.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Melbourne was interested in Mbye to play alongside Cronk. Bellamy is a good spotter of talent and has turned plenty of nobodies into good players.

Reynolds is currently off contract, who other than the sharks is interested.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't say. Mbye needs more time at 5/8 before I could say which one is better. Apparently he was trying to play a second 5/8 role though and didn't do that we'll.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Melbourne was interested in Mbye to play alongside Cronk. Bellamy is a good spotter of talent and has turned plenty of nobodies into good players.

Reynolds is currently off contract, who other than the sharks is interested.
I don't think the Sharks are even interested. Flanagan only said he was a family friend and he would "talk" to him if he had to leave the bulldogs. In the context of the interview it sounded much more like he would be offering advice as a family friend not offering a contract

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mbye would have had more then ONE passion try and zero try assists if he was paired with Frawley. That is all I will say.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think the Sharks are even interested. Flanagan only said he was a family friend and he would "talk" to him if he had to leave the bulldogs. In the context of the interview it sounded much more like he would be offering advice as a family friend not offering a contract
I agree and get that feeling too. But if a contract was involved it would be similar to the lifeline offered to Tony Williams, bottom dollar and probably short term.

TopDog91

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think Mbye would be a better 5/8. But it's hard to say as I think that both players make each other look shit when they combine.

Reactions: CCC

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reynolds form is inconsistent, he can be a liability one game and win you another (last week for example). Mbye has not really looked the part as a 7 and had not had any great games. I think Reynolds plays best with a proper number 7 next to him and we don't have that with Mbye. It's why Reynolds was so much better with Hodgkinson next to him at 7, so really we need a decent 7 which Mbye is not

Status
Not open for further replies.