Resolving our Halfback situation. An analysis.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Flano the first half and Karl Oloapu the second and let the cards fall as they may...

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are Nasheed and Flanagun the same person?
I wondered that when Nasheed came back a couple of weeks ago and the 'Gun went AWOL about the same time. I gave it some thought and reviewed some of their posts, and decided - NOT A CHANCE!

Their writing styles and personalities are different.​
The 'Gun stirs people, whereas Nasheed gives his opinions and asks for ours.​
The 'Gun is extremely smart - not just because he says so - and sometimes very witty. Nasheed is intelligent but immature.​
Nasheed claims to be 32 and I believe that. The 'Gun is quite a bit older. He has knowledge (e.g. historic WWF/WWE stuff that a 32 year old would not know.​
Nasheed can get upset when the Kennel bags him, and will often withdraw from a confrontational one-on-one. The 'Gun enjoys the confrontation and always has to have the last word.​
Nasheed mis-spells a fair bit. The 'gun has a few words (like "hatters") that he mis-spells deliberately, and he sticks with them. Otherwise his spelling is perfect.​
There is plenty more but this post is quite long enough. One final thing, though - I have wondered if @Flanagun is the alter ego of one of the mods, and is wheeled out to liven up the Kennel when it starts to sag. This would explain why he is quiet at the moment - Nasheed is providing all of the livening up needed.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wondered that when Nasheed came back a couple of weeks ago and the 'Gun went AWOL about the same time. I gave it some thought and reviewed some of their posts, and decided - NOT A CHANCE!

The 'Gun is extremely smart - not just because he says so - and sometimes very witty. Nasheed is intelligent but immature.​
Nasheed claims to be 32 and I believe that. The 'Gun is quite a bit older. He has knowledge (e.g. historic WWF/WWE stuff that a 32 year old would not know.​
Nasheed can get upset when the Kennel bags him, and will often withdraw from a confrontational one-on-one. The 'Gun enjoys the confrontation and always has to have the last word.​
Nasheed mis-spells a fair bit. The 'gun has a few words (like "hatters") that he mis-spells deliberately, and he sticks with them. Otherwise his spelling is perfect.​
There is plenty more but this post is quite long enough. One final thing, though - I have wondered if @Flanagun is the alter ego of one of the mods, and is wheeled out to liven up the Kennel when it starts to sag. This would explain why he is quiet at the moment - Nasheed is providing all of the livening up needed.
The mis-spelling is all apart of the act.

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thurston at the start of his career seemed to be always running, always caught with the ball.
I don't mind if Karl comes in at half back and thinks run. It is only going to make his passing game stronger.
I am sure that CC will pick the right time to promote him.

In the mean time, maybe Flanno starts the game at half, gets pushed to hooker for the middle 15/20 of the second half (the guy can defend, gives Mahooney a breather). Reynolds comes in at halfback for the last 20-30min. We need some energy and better direction in that last 20min.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The real halfback problem is that we've invested millions into a so called 5/8 that's struggling to do the basics so we're now relying on an 18 year old 5/8 to play halfback to "take pressure off him".

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh we needed another halfback thread. Nothing new being discussed.

Any more Flanagan or halfback threads that arent actually news, will be all merged into 1.

Bottom line We are not signing any halfbacks. They didnt pay 500k to transfer KO to get someone else in. And we arent going to sign anyone new to fill the time until KO is ready, which could be some time this year. And who would come that short term anyway?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Definitely 2 different people & I have to say I agree with you up to a certain point ..

@Flanagun … the jury’s still out on the intelligence part as he’s such a terrible judge of talent, plus he doesn’t have perfect spelling, when he’s been picked up on it, as you say, he always has the last word and blames in on being at the pub or whatever … right or wrong he can articulate himself well and argue his point very very well, to the death actually, even when blatantly proven wrong, I call him politician smart, he’d fit in well in Canberra, he could sell the public a new hospital right beside a newly built hospital, because even though the public would know its wrong, they’d simply get tired of arguing with him ..

@Nasheed , well as I mentioned earlier … he reminds me of a Gangsta Forrest Gump .. God damn it, Nasheed ! You a god damn genius! Your threads are the most outstanding I have ever read. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamn gifted ….. these are the types of comments he needs to read to make him feel all warm and fuzzy, and maybe TK could throw a bit more love his way.

In his own words he’d say … (in Forrest Gump accent) …… Now for some reason, I fit into TK like one of them round pegs. It's not really hard. You just take a bit of what everyone else already knows and has already commented on, and you put them all into one thread, you throw in some controversy and you claim it as self proclaimed brilliance, oh and when you step over the line, you always answer every question with "Yes, drill sergeant moderators .. ."

I haven’t block either of them because it can be fun to use a bit of reverse phycology on them, it’s funny when they don’t recognise you are using their own shit against them …

Got to admit, it can also be funny reading the reply’s to some of their controversial topics ..

Last edited:

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
KO, Rajab or even Avo as soon as we get some decent props to play regularly besides King. The others either are not worth signing, or won't sign because of their current contracts. Reynolds should not be anywhere near a 6 or 7 jersey at this stage of his career.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would say slot in Averillo but his been tossed about from the second he hit first grade fullback, to halfback under clueless Barret to centre. Probably why he hasn’t developed that well and even if we did slot him at halfback defensively with skelton if he came in and Averillo in the halves would be an issue. Looks like we got to carry the passenger who does nothing until KO gets his shot, Ciraldo knows Flanagan is ass, Ciraldo I’m sure also knows Reynolds has limited minutes on him but there’s no other way to go about it. In other words Flanagan somehow some way is still the misery of this team and only option currently for the team.

Edit: whenever Rajab is available he walks in or if we want to have a shot at the 8 see if there’s a make shift option on the market for the rest of the season.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I would say slot in Averillo but his been tossed about from the second he hit first grade fullback, to halfback under clueless Barret to centre. Probably why he hasn’t developed that well and even if we did slot him at halfback defensively with skelton if he came in and Averillo in the halves would be an issue. Looks like we got to carry the passenger who does nothing until KO gets his shot, Ciraldo knows Flanagan is ass, Ciraldo I’m sure also knows Reynolds has limited minutes on him but there’s no other way to go about it. In other words Flanagan somehow some way is still the misery of this team and only option currently for the team.

Edit: whenever Rajab is available he walks in or if we want to have a shot at the 8 see if there’s a make shift option on the market for the rest of the season.
The makeshift has to be Alber Kelly. I thought he played good last year. He carved us up.

I also think Frawley is becoming a better player

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

My spelling isn’t exactly impeccable… mainly because I make typos and tend not to self-edit when I’m tired…. But good analysis, baby! @Nasheed is a Kennel legend in his own right, but our styles are very different.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My spelling isn’t exactly impeccable… mainly because I make typos and tend not to self-edit when I’m tired…. But good analysis, baby! @Nasheed is a Kennel legend in his own right, but our styles are very different.
I had a bet with a friend that you’d respond to that comment as opposed to mine as it was the one that best stroked your ego ..

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rajab has more creativity coming out of his ponytail than Kyle. Would put him in for the remainder of the year and see how he goes. Cant be any worse than what we have.

Only problem is, Ciro clearly sees him as a 6 or a 1, and he hasn’t given him a shot at 7 this season in cup, so it’s unlikely.

I genuinely believe if we put Reynolds at 7 and told him not to be a retard and just organise the attack and have a nice short kicking game, it would be our best option. Don’t know how nobody sees this
I'm hoping that Ciro is using JR as lever to show up the Gun to the world, so that he can be droped without to uch fuss, then put Rajab or KO at starting Half.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I had a bet with a friend that you’d respond to that comment as opposed to mine as it was the one that best stroked your ego ..
Your comment is shallow and lacks insight, Fam. Nothing personal, baby!