Religious Discussion Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was refering to a society living in a world that is totally devoid of any knowledge of Christianity and its values..
Our society Hacky, is still influenced by the Christian values it was founded on, Plus My Church and the Orthodox (just watch Mar Mari Enamual presentation, also to a lesser extent some of the Protastants Churchs have pushed to uphold the Christian values whenever the need arose, such as abortion, same sex marriage, uthiansia, which is what has helped to keep matters (somewhat in check), even amongst athiests.
Trying to uphold the Christian values in our society, is the reason why my Church has made some mortal enemies.
I honestly think that Christianity did a lot of good for society as it provides fear for those who don't have their own internal moral compass. Fear of God prevents them from making society collapse.

But, I don't think it's really about religion. Morality existed before we had Christianity. It existed before we had the Torah. If morality didn't exist then humans wouldn't have survived.

Mesopotamian Sumerians religion pre-dates Abrahamic religions, but they weren't just killed each other for no reason. They had a functioning society that created the written word.

Pagans built some of the most advanced structures that are still around today. And they did that because they could function with morality.

Ancient Egypt even had a functioning society with functioning economy and respect for everyone in their society. Sure, there was conflicts still, like any society. But it turns out that the whole slave thing was a myth pushed by people that didn't like the Egyptians. And Egypt was actually decent and moral without the one Abrahamic God.

Humans have a natural inclination for conflict. But we also have a natural inclination to help and protect each other. That may seem counter to each other, but it's not really. We developed morals to protect those in our tribe and sometimes that protection results in conflict with other tribes when we battle for resources.

Even religious do this. But they believe they are battling for the souls.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even better No Religion.
World would be such a better place.
No conflicts
No Extremist
No suppresive idiotology.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By your condescending response, I would (and most others here in the kennel might agree) that you are probably among the aforementioned,
"Vilest, most bigoted, corrupt, mean-spirited, cruel, morally bankrupt, self-righteous, pridefully ignorant, rapacious, pedophilic and downright hypocritical, cold-hearted soulless and arrogant bastards on the face of the planet, are usually the most pious..."

And pretty obviously an Asshole.
What your saying proves beyond any doubt that you are the exactly what you accuse me of,, Obviously your mentally deranged so you should seek help from a shrink if your mind is sound enought to be cured.
How about we compare what we have done and achieved in our life, and see which one of us qualifies for most off the TITLES you accuse me.
Perhaps youre to afraid to have agood look at yourself, because if you do you will see the fowl smelling piece of shit you are.
Remember you cant go on forever covering up what you are by harbouring the blind hatred you hold.
I HOPE THAT EXORCIST CAN LIVE UP TO HIS TITLE, BECAUSE YOU ARE BADLY IN NEED OF EXERCISM.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly think that Christianity did a lot of good for society as it provides fear for those who don't have their own internal moral compass. Fear of God prevents them from making society collapse.

But, I don't think it's really about religion. Morality existed before we had Christianity. It existed before we had the Torah. If morality didn't exist then humans wouldn't have survived.

Mesopotamian Sumerians religion pre-dates Abrahamic religions, but they weren't just killed each other for no reason. They had a functioning society that created the written word.

Pagans built some of the most advanced structures that are still around today. And they did that because they could function with morality.

Ancient Egypt even had a functioning society with functioning economy and respect for everyone in their society. Sure, there was conflicts still, like any society. But it turns out that the whole slave thing was a myth pushed by people that didn't like the Egyptians. And Egypt was actually decent and moral without the one Abrahamic God.

Humans have a natural inclination for conflict. But we also have a natural inclination to help and protect each other. That may seem counter to each other, but it's not really. We developed morals to protect those in our tribe and sometimes that protection results in conflict with other tribes when we battle for resources.

Even religious do this. But they believe they are battling for the souls.
In theory whar you said appears to be correct, But lets not forget that those societies were primitive, even our own Indigionus people had a cordinated society.
The fact is that the cordinated lifestile of the primatives would not have been possible once their societies evolved to a certain level.
The Chinese and Indians also found God when they reached a certain level of evolution.
I have always felt that the almighty decided to use the Herberws to do his work, (to me it appears that they were the most capable of evangelising the world) However as they went off the rails (as societies often do) he sent his son to get things back on track. But because they wanted the mesiah Jesus to overthrow the Romans and make them the most powerfull people on earth which is not what HE was on about, they killed him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
When you talk of greed by members of the Church just remember that I picked up a bed from a Parishioner who was throwing it out for our Parish Priest. Only a few weeks ago he bought a 2nd hand car because his car was beyond repair
I've been told that our Churches often have discussions, it would supprise me no end, if my Church refused an oppurtunity to unite with yours considering that we share the greatest gift Jesus gave us. also, considering how hard our Church has pushed the Ecumenical movement with the protestants..
I might have to say though that my Church because of its location (WEST), is trying to be too Politically correct, in order to appease some of its members, I think you have a point.
I agree it would be beyond great for the whole Christian movement if our 2 Churches united,
The vast majority of the church (people) are good Kelp, a few bad apples AKA demons will always try to corrupt us.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What your saying proves beyond any doubt that you are the exactly what you accuse me of,, Obviously your mentally deranged so you should seek help from a shrink if your mind is sound enought to be cured.
How about we compare what we have done and achieved in our life, and see which one of us qualifies for most off the TITLES you accuse me.
Perhaps youre to afraid to have agood look at yourself, because if you do you will see the fowl smelling piece of shit you are.
Remember you cant go on forever covering up what you are by harbouring the blind hatred you hold.
I HOPE THAT EXORCIST CAN LIVE UP TO HIS TITLE, BECAUSE YOU ARE BADLY IN NEED OF EXERCISM.
Yup, a typical Christian of the "assholy" category.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Even better No Religion.
No conflicts
No Extremist
There’s actually proof the people who have faith, either spiritual or religious, are happier. It’s one of the elements in that Netflix show Blue Zones. There’s also the fact that thru don’t drive everywhere, prioritise family, and are mainly vegetarians/vegans.

Religions are meant to be peaceful - but people are just greedy and stupid - they have no idea that they are committing sins against God (who they supposedly worship).

I’m proud of my religious beliefs but disgusted to be part of the human race at the same time.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I see children dragged to churches or dragged to mousqes, they aren't choosing to go there, when you are a kid you should be a kid, take Afghanistan for example, making young boys prey for hours and hours, what a shit life they should be playing or doing real education.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see children dragged to churches or dragged to mousqes, they aren't choosing to go there, when you are a kid you should be a kid, take Afghanistan for example, making young boys prey for hours and hours, what a shit life they should be playing or doing real education.
Or going to an "Exclusive" privet school where the religious dogma is more important than the education...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even better No Religion.
No conflicts
No Extremist
That is such an uneducated comment beyond repair.

Put it this way, if there was no religion just listening to anybody talking that much tripe would start a conflict.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That is such an uneducated comment beyond repair.

Put it this way, if there was no religion just listening to anybody talking that much tripe would start a conflict.
Really, a strong mind don't need it.