Release Rfm

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m not in RFM head, so I can only speak about what I see in his actions and effort on the field. As I understand it, he has allegedly had a falling out with CC, some say his lack of effort is a big FU to CC. But the man cried in pre season and said how much he loves the club, the jersey, the fans. I’d have more respect for him if he went out each wk, ripped in and busted his ar$e for the club he said he loves, for the fans he said he respects, and then walked up to CC and tell him ‘you’ll miss that effort when I’m gone’.
i also mentioned in a previous thread that i feel cc may have possibly lost the playing group before he even had them... 66-0 and similar floggings back to back in internal body language. players arent happy and the field is where theyre heard

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That’s not true. RFM had a very good season running off Foran. He hasn’t been the same since his long layoff with injury but to say he’s always been useless is a far stretch
ppl also forget we have had no half back.. forwards need to be directed. as soon as toby came along our forwards had impact and direction and as soon as he got injured we couldnt dent the line

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I wasn’t watching the game today because I had a bet in the AFL, but for those who watched can u tell me if RFM just played shit, or was he tanking?
0 runs implies deliberacy

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not in RFM head, so I can only speak about what I see in his actions and effort on the field. As I understand it, he has allegedly had a falling out with CC, some say his lack of effort is a big FU to CC. But the man cried in pre season and said how much he loves the club, the jersey, the fans. I’d have more respect for him if he went out each wk, ripped in and busted his ar$e for the club he said he loves, for the fans he said he respects, and then walked up to CC and tell him ‘you’ll miss that effort when I’m gone’.
What so many people do t understand is players who come out and cry about dumb shit are emotional ppl. The same emotions that made him cry with passion that time makes him throw a tantrum this time round.
Next time it’ll be a pub fight from anger

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ppl also forget we have had no half back.. forwards need to be directed. as soon as toby came along our forwards had impact and direction and as soon as he got injured we couldnt dent the line
Sexton has played 2 bit hours for dogs first 1.5 has we won then next 40 mins or so were still in the game since then nothing God I hope he is back this week..

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flop-taila-Mariner

He will cry in the pre-season and everyone will love Ray again. The standards are so low at Canterbury you just have to get emotional on a YouTube video and you will get a free pass for being crap.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RFM is another one who has suffered from poor recruitment and indifferent coaching from ciraldud. He is an edge forward who ciraldud has tried to turn into a middle. He should rate above the likes of okunbor, Edwards, Topine, etc as an edge forward option. That said his defence out wide at times has been below nrl standard.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good player but he isnt at his best obviously, keep the guy and get him focused.
Fuck the bullshit being fed to us, its a glaring injustice, we need him to inspire.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
RFM is another one who has suffered from poor recruitment and indifferent coaching from ciraldud. He is an edge forward who ciraldud has tried to turn into a middle. He should rate above the likes of okunbor, Edwards, Topine, etc as an edge forward option. That said his defence out wide at times has been below nrl standard.
Definitely an edge forward.
But he needs to be feed.
As someone said above he ran well when Foran gave him.ball when he could into a gap or half a gap.
This season just terrible playing in the middle.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm happy RFM is going, but how much coin is this all costing us? Sutton, Davey we signed them and then within the first season gone. CC is next for sure

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm happy RFM is going, but how much coin is this all costing us? Sutton, Davey we signed them and then within the first season gone. CC is next for sure
Davey was 1 year yeh? Don’t think it matters after this.

Rfm would be on low deal and with our long term contract shit we use I can’t imagine we jump at paying him to fick off if it doesn’t make sense.

Hopefully Sutton wanting out and heads back to esl means we can’t get out of big $ release

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never rated him and have nfi why we kept resigning this this injury prone plodder.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs captain Raymond Faitala-Mariner left in the dark after Canterbury give permission to leave

Raymond Faitala-Mariner claims he’s been left in the dark, after Bulldogs officials confirmed he is free to leave the club, despite having another two years on his contract.

Canterbury’s Raymond Faitala-Mariner and his agent claim to be “disappointed, perplexed and in the dark” over the club’s decision allowing the Bulldogs club captain to explore other options.

Club officials have revealed Faitala-Mariner can immediately begin negotiating with rival clubs but, bizarrely, his manager, Ernie Santone, says he nor the player has been told of the decision.

Santone said he waited all Monday morning for Bulldogs officials to tell him that Faitala-Mariner could leave – but no one rang.

Faitala-Mariner’s exit would allow Canterbury to enter the looming November 1 player market frenzy with additional money to splash around.

Raymond Faitala-Mariner (right) says he’s been left in the dark after Bulldogs officials confirmed he was free to leave. Picture: Getty Images.

Santone, from SP Sports Management, stressed Faitala-Mariner is under contract for the rest of this season plus 2024 and 2025, after signing an extension in July last year.

He remains club captain.

“I have spoken to Ray and he is in the dark just as much as I am at this stage,” Santone said.

“I have had no official contact from Canterbury to say he has permission to leave or talk to other clubs so l am disappointed with all the talk coming out of the club.

“From my point of view, we signed a new three-year contract 12 months ago.

“So this is all coming from the club because there’s no reason why we would be looking anywhere else, that’s for sure.

“The fact I haven’t been told, one way or the other if it’s true or not, or if there is a denial, I’m a little perplexed by.

Faitala-Mariner is under contract with the Bulldogs until the end of 2025, after signing an extension in July last year. Picture: NRL Photos.

“At this stage, there is no official communication that he is free to talk to other clubs and I am disappointed not to have heard from the club at this stage.

“I will say I’m highly disappointed to read that the club, if true, has regretted making Ray the club captain considering the turmoil (with season-ending injuries) he has been through at the club.

“To be honest with you, I have given Canterbury enough leeway. It’s 2 o’clock on Monday, I have made inquiries to get something and haven’t got it yet.”

Asked what he would do now, Santone said: “I can’t do anything. He is contracted to Canterbury. This is what I don’t understand.”

Ryan Sutton’s future at the club also remains clouded, but the Bulldogs have not yet given him permission to look elsewhere. Picture: Getty Images.

Santone denied speculation suggesting he had contacted the club claiming Faitala-Mariner was unhappy with the Bulldogs’ intense training program and where he was being selected.

“Ray and I can categorically say that I never complained to Canterbury about what position he played or his intensity,” he said.

The Bulldogs confirmed to this masthead on Sunday night that Faitala-Mariner had been granted permission to talk with rival clubs.

There is now confusion over how and why the message has been lost between club and client.

As of Sunday evening, Bulldogs teammate Ryan Sutton hasn’t officially been granted approval to talk with other clubs.

Last edited: