Refs call and video ref

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Watching the dogs game today when hicky put the ball on the line how is it possible that every1 that watched the reply saw the ball on the line yet the video ref rules refs call

what the **** is refs call if the ref couldnt see it in the first place how can it go back to him

D

DJ ALMO

They all should be hanged i tell yaaa hanggeeedd, NAh but seriously i agree Chris how does it go back to the ref when he didnt see it in the first place :whacky:

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
I really don't think there should be a ref's call, the Video Ref is there to make a decision because the ref couldn't in the first place.

They've got the better angles, if the ref cant make the decision and send it to the vid ref, the vid ref should have to make the decision.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Whats the pointof BOTD if you dont use it

Thats was perfect example of BOTD

D

DJ ALMO

Jarrad Hickey shouldve gotten a try if not atleast and at the minimum a BOTD call.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless the Ref says he has clear opinion before sending it upstairs all decisions that go the video ref should be made by the video ref! That is the whole point of benifit of the doubt rule.

Doggiez04

Pantera Negra
Reaction score
Watching the dogs game today when hicky put the ball on the line how is it possible that every1 that watched the reply saw the ball on the line yet the video ref rules refs call

what the **** is refs call if the ref couldnt see it in the first place how can it go back to him
that "Refs Call" is bullsh!t.. the ref goes to the video ref because he isn't sure.. so how the hell can he then make a decision when the reason he asked the video ref was cause he wasn't sure??

JJ

J-Dog
Reaction score
Yeah Archer has his eyes painted on... either that or he was scared to make a call against the crowd
Dogs should have won but didn't based on that poor call. Send the boys around to knee-cap the ref

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
I really don't think there should be a ref's call, the Video Ref is there to make a decision because the ref couldn't in the first place.

They've got the better angles, if the ref cant make the decision and send it to the vid ref, the vid ref should have to make the decision.
I disagree. In this instance, Archer was in PERFECT position to make that call. How the hell he didn't see it on the line, is beyond me.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
I disagree. In this instance, Archer was in PERFECT position to make that call. How the hell he didn't see it on the line, is beyond me.
It looked like a Knights player was in the way, giving Archer doubt.

The fact that he went up to the Video Ref meant he had no clue, and wanted a better view, if he cant make the decision in the first place why the hell should do it in the second place.

The video ref is there for a reason, to make a decision when the referee cant.

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
I didn't make myself clear, I agree that there shouldn't be a refs call. My case is that there should have been no need for Archer to go to the video referee for that try at all. It should've been a try.

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
I didn't make myself clear, I agree that there shouldn't be a refs call. My case is that there should have been no need for Archer to go to the video referee for that try at all. It should've been a try.
Oh ok. It did look that way , but obviously he had some doubt.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole ruling "REFS CALL" should definetly be eliminated. If the decision goes back to REFS CALL then doesnt that mean that there was doubt over whether or not it was a try? And if there was some doubt over whether or not it was a try shouldn't it be a try because of the BENIFIT OF THE DOUBT rule?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Havent seen the replays yet but was it clear in the replays that the ball was touching the line?

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Havent seen the replays yet but was it clear in the replays that the ball was touching the line?
It wasnt clear but you would assume that at some stage the ball did touch the line. There were players everywhere and the ball wasnt really visible so I don't no how there would not be DOUBT on whether or not it was a try.

Maza

Reaction score
Going back to "Refs Call" amazes me. Wat a fkn joke. He went up to the video referee for a reason, only to leave the decision up to the person who couldn't tell in the first place! Damn.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Benifit Of The Doubt Rule should be the No.1 Choice rather than Ref Calls
if neither the Video Ref nother Refferee Of The Game can't make a Decision, In Fact the should remove the Ref Calls Option since the Ref has no clue whether it was or wasn't a Try

Status
Not open for further replies.