Opinion Reed Mahoney

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reed does plenty of disturbing the opponents attack, even if he drops off of some tackles because he's small. He's doing a ton of work and his defence is among the least of his, or our, problems. His little sideways darts from DH where he gets caught are getting stale (like Hutch dying on he 4th or 5th). He needs to watch more video and fix that, but he also needs better first receiver options.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon jmk misses less tackles than mahoney. Mahoney over-reads plays and overplays his hand frequently. Couple that with many poor attempts in defence. I honestly believe we need to find another hooker more suited to the modern game.
You are so out of date, missed tackles are irrelevant, it’s limiting the metres gained past the play the ball that matters. With Mahoney out of marker he either tackles the opposition runner or slows him down enough such that the support defenders complete the tackle.

Take a look at Penrith’s missed tackles in their premiership years, they were the 4th worst last season, 3rd worst in 2022 and 2nd worst in 2021. They don’t give a shit about missed tackles, it’s a meaningless statistic. Their objective is all about limiting the metres the opposition gains and so is ours.

Always a Bulldog

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think people may be forgetting that reed was part of the 66-0 hiding we got from the knobs last year and so where Elliot and Hetherington he were as just squaring up some of the shit they fed to us last year. He played well and them let those pricks know about it, good on him.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers won with Mitch Kenny
Kenny is a good player. Crisp service out of dummy half. Reliable, no nonsense, pace. Penrith are a first grade factory. And I'm sure penrith would take Kenny any day over mahoney. As would most clubs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Kenny is a good player. Crisp service out of dummy half. Reliable, no nonsense, pace. Penrith are a first grade factory. And I'm sure penrith would take Kenny any day over mahoney. As would most clubs
More “grass is greener” bullshit, people whinge about Mahoney’s missed tackle count, well hello Kenny is worse. Of course Penrith don’t care about missed tackles and neither should we.

Other 2024 stats, Kenny has zero try assists (Mahoney 4), zero line break assists (2), zero forced drop outs (4) and they have both scored 1 try.

Leaving aside the obvious stats domination, on a visual basis Mahoney is far more dangerous and a harder matchup for any opposition. Kenney is a cog in the Penrith wheel.

Always a Bulldog

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny is a rubbish player. I could look good passing to Cleary and Luai. LOL pace? Are you sure we are talking about the same player? And your last two sentences, I’m not going to even bother

rawmac

New Pup
Reaction score
There is a point when a take on a situation becomes so unbelievable it must be trolling. This seems close.....

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny is a rubbish player. I could look good passing to Cleary and Luai. LOL pace? Are you sure we are talking about the same player? And your last two sentences, I’m not going to even bother
Rubbish player... yeah stopped reading after that. Rubbish players don't play 1st grade for the current penrith side.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rubbish player... yeah stopped reading after that. Rubbish players don't play 1st grade for the current penrith side.
Hahaha yeah ok… Charlie Staines is the next immortal.

Penrith are so stacked that they could carry 3 or 4 rubbish players in the 17 and still look good

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha yeah ok… Charlie Staines is the next immortal.

Penrith are so stacked that they could carry 3 or 4 rubbish players in the 17 and still look good
Staines is playing for the Tigers last time I checked.. and they are up at half time against us