Opinion Reed Mahoney

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree no point in sugar coating yesterdays performance we were no where near our best for some reason, perhaps thinking about next week who knows.
The Tigers played with a spring in their step and a sense of desperation till the end.
I’m hoping it was just a stutter step.
The bye.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Straight out even if we lose by a try I'll be impressed. I just hope we don't get blown off the park.
Keeping them close and containing their pack is key.
We might jag a win mate anything is possible on the day.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my concern and nobody has mentioned it till now. We couldn't score against 11 men and they actually looked more threatening than we did.
This is where we need to mature.,. We r playing with structure against a side like tigers they upset a lot of teams with closer games…spoilers tactics. Important win we got it done ugly but a win.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'd prefer if he stopped running in the way he does. He was probably lucky not to be binned yesterday.
yep. Although if a player is being like Mulitalo to Sami ravalawa and pushing him late after play is finished. Then standing over him grinning, that's the time to run in and get in their face. Replay will show that Mulitalo was playing illegally and he should get in trouble first.

Was surprising to see Mulitalo get away with his shithead behavior against dragons. He is such a dickhead.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made team of the week with Josh Curran
SERIAL PEST BECOMES SECRET WEAPON
Reed Mahoney has become the best niggler in the NRL - and it's winning the Bulldogs games.

The Dogs were in trouble against the Tigers in the first half last Saturday, until Mahoney got under the Tigers' skin.

Play Video
Tensions explode as duo sin-binned
The cheeky hooker knows just how far to push the referee - and how to get penalties out of his opponents.

A couple of smart moves saw him force the Tigers to lose their cool as they finished a tough game with 11 men, having two sent to the sin bin.

But Mahoney can play too - he has created more tries than any dummy half this season and he led the Bulldogs' tackle count against the hapless Tigers.

The Dogs are a much-improved team in 2024 - and if Mahoney continues to put opposition players off their game, a finals berth isn't out of the question.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reed is featuring in Mole's team of the week a bit lately.. Mole ain't always the best judge but that's spot on.. he's getting back to his best.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In consecutive weeks after Penrith we play Raiders then The Dragqueens straight after their bye.
Will hopefully ambush them both.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So when we picked up Reed I was very excited. 2 years in how does he compare to the other Hookers that were delt the same time? I think we got the best of the bunch.

The cheese has played 30 games with 5 trys and 900 or so tackles at 91% 1829 running meters
Reed is at 33 games 5 trys, 1445 tackles at 90% 1320 running meters
Api has 29 games 7 trys, 1022 tackles at 87% 1593 running meters.

I know the cheese really hasnt gelled, maybe until this year. I know Api after his injury he was a lot better to begin with, but has his form dropped off? Reed hasnt had any stability, he has played with a spine of Averillo, Perham, Critta, Tracey, Taaffe, Burton, Reynolds, Oluapu, Flange, Sexton, Hutchinson probably more that I have missed. Not making excuses but he had a lot of chopping and changing (same as tiger I suppose).

But I wouldnt change him. His heart is all dogs, he gets dirty, he isnt flashy but he is what we need. His long kicks and 40/20s too. Very smart and crafty. And not as grubby as Cheese.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So when we picked up Reed I was very excited. 2 years in how does he compare to the other Hookers that were delt the same time? I think we got the best of the bunch.

The cheese has played 30 games with 5 trys and 900 or so tackles at 91% 1829 running meters
Reed is at 33 games 5 trys, 1445 tackles at 90% 1320 running meters
Api has 29 games 7 trys, 1022 tackles at 87% 1593 running meters.

I know the cheese really hasnt gelled, maybe until this year. I know Api after his injury he was a lot better to begin with, but has his form dropped off? Reed hasnt had any stability, he has played with a spine of Averillo, Perham, Critta, Tracey, Taaffe, Burton, Reynolds, Oluapu, Flange, Sexton, Hutchinson probably more that I have missed. Not making excuses but he had a lot of chopping and changing (same as tiger I suppose).

But I wouldnt change him. His heart is all dogs, he gets dirty, he isnt flashy but he is what we need. His long kicks and 40/20s too. Very smart and crafty. And not as grubby as Cheese.

I cant hate the little cauliflowered ear ****! He is 100% a Bulldog and I really hope he fuckin fires up against the scums to seek revenge

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still kinda the captain, need those scamps outta dummy half, quick zip city this week.
Playing better than last year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
* doesn't go put looking for niggle
* time to stand up for ourselves
* "line in the sand"
* didn't think that Hetherington bullshit was a joke
* not being captain helps him niggle