Opinion Reed Mahoney WTF

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
this guy has been an absolute fail started strong for a few weeks then has gone rogue

Make me nervous every time he touches the ball
Simple my bro....

* overplays his hand
* overworks and tires out
* hasn't got a FG forward pack like he did at Parra

He is a shell of the player he was at Parra.

Last edited:

T DAWG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mate, the guy is a competitor and wants to win. When we are struggling to create something, he goes to first receiver and tries. I assure it is not him just doing this for selfish reasons. The coach sends out a msg to try something different. He is like the plan b. Travis Touma is the trainer and also runs the calls sent by CC. Dont blame the only decent hooker we've had since Ennis. Blame the shit attack we have and our forwards that don't lay anywhere near enough a good platform for our halves and outside backs. If they did this, he could just concentrate on his dummy half service where he is creative and also crisp with his passing, good with his vision and also has a good short kicking game. Assassin is on point with what he said.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mate, the guy is a competitor and wants to win. When we are struggling to create something, he goes to first receiver and tries. I assure it is not him just doing this for selfish reasons. The coach sends out a malsg to try something different. He is like the plan b. Travis Touma is the trainer and also runs the calls sent by CC. Dont blame the only decent hooker we've had since Ennis. Blame the shit attack we have and our forwards that don't lay anywhere near enough a good platform for our halves and outside backs. If they did this, he could just concentrate on his dummy half service where he is creative and also crisp with his passing, good with his vision and also has a good short kicking game. Assassin is on point with what he said.
Straight out he sees our shit spine and takes the load on his shoulders. Our shit pack just makes it harder for him.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He went from a high of a GF appearance last year to thinking he could make a difference and it hasn't panned out that way that would fcuk with yr head,

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was poor for Parra last year for the most part and has gone even worse for us.

Should never have been made captain. Handed far too much responsibility far too soon and has struggled to deal with it, and in turn - overplays his hand.

Big problem tho - the options he takes when we are on the attack inside the 10m. Absolutely horrific.

Needs to be stripped of captaincy asap and we need to find a bench hooker who can come on and play 20-30 mins per game there so that Reed isn’t playing 80 which he’s incapable of doing affectivEly due to his excess pudding and fitness

Has To he said, he’s been a dud signing and we would’ve been better served sticking eith JMK

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's just hope we wind up with a few big forwards that can help us get momentum heading into next year. Hopefully Sexton and Burton develop a good partnership with what remains of the season and carry that into next year.

I agree with those saying Mahoney is overpaying things. He was looking great before pressure mounted with the growing number of losses. We've had a horrendous year with injuries, some really shit calls cost us games and I suspect that with a lot of inexperienced players stepping up to the NRL that we're seeing some players struggling to cope in fitness terms.

Call me a fairweather fan if you want. But I hit the point where I'm not going to go out of my way to watch the remaining games a few weeks back. We will win a flcouple more in my opinion. But the confidence levels are low for a lot of the youngsters and that's why the experienced layers like Mahoney are trying to spark something.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Plus I agree with what @TheSexDogs said since he signed with us, his shoulder injury broke him.
It's fucking sad that most of us knew many years ago that we had to sign either Blayke Brailey or Reece Robson @ 9. Tried for both and failed. Somehow we ended up with a defensive stat padder that can't tackle. Like come on these tackle stats have to be wrong
Screenshot_2023-07-16-01-46-18-61_d8fb995c7f856370a924d1f89ed35d2f.jpg

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's fucking sad that most of us knew many years ago that we had to sign either Blayke Brailey or Reece Robson @ 9. Tried for both and failed. Somehow we ended up with a defensive stat padder that can't tackle. Like come on these tackle stats have to be wrong
View attachment 76497
1 MT?

I call bullshit

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Where is the coach in all this?
Instead of rushing to sign 15 year olds why aren’t we getting someone who’s seen a cockatoo like Townsend or Mitch Rein?

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, the guy is a competitor and wants to win. When we are struggling to create something, he goes to first receiver and tries. I assure it is not him just doing this for selfish reasons. The coach sends out a msg to try something different. He is like the plan b. Travis Touma is the trainer and also runs the calls sent by CC. Dont blame the only decent hooker we've had since Ennis. Blame the shit attack we have and our forwards that don't lay anywhere near enough a good platform for our halves and outside backs. If they did this, he could just concentrate on his dummy half service where he is creative and also crisp with his passing, good with his vision and also has a good short kicking game. Assassin is on point with what he said.

Well said mate. He is a good player surrounded by duds.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually bizarre how we have 2 threads ie burton and mahoney one slating 2 of our best players when there is a shower of rubbish who arent getting mentioned. Cam Smith and Thurston couldnt play behind some of this lot, no mahoney and no burton and we are rock bottom

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Actually bizarre how we have 2 threads ie burton and mahoney one slating 2 of our best players when there is a shower of shit who arent getting mentioned. Cam Smith and Thurston couldnt play behind some of this lot, no mahoney and no burton and we are rock bottom
Well you could argue that Mahoney overplays his hand because of Burton underplaying his hand.

But our backwards fuck them both up. Our best metre-eaters were Kiraz and Skelton, a centre and a winger starting his first game.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was poor for Parra last year for the most part and has gone even worse for us.

Should never have been made captain. Handed far too much responsibility far too soon and has struggled to deal with it, and in turn - overplays his hand.

Big problem tho - the options he takes when we are on the attack inside the 10m. Absolutely horrific.

Needs to be stripped of captaincy asap and we need to find a bench hooker who can come on and play 20-30 mins per game there so that Reed isn’t playing 80 which he’s incapable of doing affectivEly due to his excess pudding and fitness

Has To he said, he’s been a dud signing and we would’ve been better served sticking eith JMK
Agree, but of course they do. .. JMK would of been better to keep. Not a fan of fatty, but that’s just my personal preference. Haters always gon hate.