Official Reed Mahoney sees the 'gun (and Jake Averillo) as vital cogs in Bulldogs' wheel

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Prepare to cope, la familiars - Reed Mahoney sees the 'gun as a vital part of this Bulldogs team. It's all here in this excerpt from an excellent Daily Telegraph story. The story has been shared on another thread, but I thought this bit in particular was worthy of special focus, and therefore, its own thread:

Mahoney gave a great insight into how he was able to strike such a lethal spine combination at Parramatta with chief playmakers Dylan Brown, Mitchell Moses and Clint Gutherson.

He shed light on how he intends to adopt a similar philosophy to get the Canterbury spine of Jake Averillo, Matt Burton and Kyle Flanagan in-tune and firing. (Translation - you're not going anywhere 'gun... we need you, baby!)

“When Burto (Matt Burton) gets back from his time off, we’ll all sit down and talk about what we want to do. I have already had some great chats with Kyle (Flanagan) and let me tell you, this guy never takes a holiday. We have come up with some great ideas. I have to tell you, he has one of the sharpest footy brains I've encountered in all my time in the game. Not only that, but the dude is a total babe magnet,’’ Mahoney said. (translation - I love you, Kyle. Teach me everything you know about football and about life.)

“The spine is the rock for the other players in the team to perform, so we all need to be on the same page. Kyle has a fantastic skillset and we need to give him more of a platform to shine. (Translation - give the 'gun more ball, baby!)

“Obviously Burto has got the biggest boot in the game, so we need to work out a way where we can get that to work.

“But also, so that it’s not something that we have to go to all the time.’’ (Translation - you need to let the 'gun and I kick more Burto, you ball hog!)

So there you have it, fam. Straight from the horse's mouth. Not only will the 'gun be our starting 7 next year, he is one of our most important players. If you won't take the 'gun's word for it, just ask Reed Mahoney!

I take it all back, Reed. You're not fat. You're just big boned, baby. Boom!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prepare to cope, la familiars - Reed Mahoney sees the 'gun as a vital part of this Bulldogs team. It's all here in this excerpt from an excellent Daily Telegraph story. The story has been shared on another thread, but I thought this bit in particular was worthy of special focus, and therefore, its own thread:

Mahoney gave a great insight into how he was able to strike such a lethal spine combination at Parramatta with chief playmakers Dylan Brown, Mitchell Moses and Clint Gutherson.

He shed light on how he intends to adopt a similar philosophy to get the Canterbury spine of Jake Averillo, Matt Burton and Kyle Flanagan in-tune and firing. (Translation - you're not going anywhere 'gun... we need you, baby!)

“When Burto (Matt Burton) gets back from his time off, we’ll all sit down and talk about what we want to do. I have already had some great chats with Kyle (Flanagan) and let me tell you, this guy never takes a holiday. We have come up with some great ideas. I have to tell you, he has one of the sharpest footy brains I've encountered in all my time in the game. Not only that, but the dude is a total babe magnet,’’ Mahoney said. (translation - I love you, Kyle. Teach me everything you know about football and about life.)

“The spine is the rock for the other players in the team to perform, so we all need to be on the same page. Kyle has a fantastic skillset and we need to give him more of a platform to shine. (Translation - give the 'gun more ball, baby!)

“Obviously Burto has got the biggest boot in the game, so we need to work out a way where we can get that to work.

“But also, so that it’s not something that we have to go to all the time.’’ (Translation - you need to let the 'gun and I kick more Burto, you ball hog!)

So there you have it, fam. Straight from the horse's mouth. Not only will the 'gun be our starting 7 next year, he is one of our most important players. If you won't take the 'gun's word for it, just ask Reed Mahoney!

The gun needs to learn how to tag his threads correctly
Couldn't be bothered reading this shit but I'm pretty sure this is NOT official

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The gun needs to learn how to tag his posts correctly
Couldn't be bothered reading this shit but I'm pretty sure this is NOT official
Reed Mahoney quotes as reported in the media....how are they not official, fam? You're such a sadsack... lol

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Allan is finally gone. Can't wait till Gus pisses you and Averillo off.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
you know he's only saying that so he doesn't hurt your feelings and make you cry

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thought Reed was a bin signing so therefore opinion doesnst matter? crazy
Also Kyle comes across as a bit of a cuck.
Filling Mahoneys head with "ideas", calling out Ciraldo for a cuck meeting before he even started. I'd be working hard too if the writing was on the wall.....

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly what else can he say, there shit and club should get rid of them or im not playing.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im happy enough to see how flanno goes under ciraldo and with a better team and service from dummy half. We will know pretty quickly if he is up to it.

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need a decent 7 it’s why we are trying to get Moses he has a million dollar kicking game and he can play with ball in hand enough for me,Flanagan unfortunately has no game sry not sry