Opinion Red hot reggies

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a strong side, but the problem with all these extra fringe first graders we have is they could block positions for up and coming juniors we need to gain experience. I'll be pissed if Taffe or Tracey end up playing FB in cup and Papalii being put on the bench or played out of position. The way this clubs been going we'll do exactly that and let another club take Papalii off us.
If Taaffe ends up being dropped at some stage this year I'd say its highly likely he takes the fullback jumper in cup and papa will drop back to Flegg again, people need to remember he is only 19.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great news about Fox coverage.
If NSW Cup side performs well, there will be immediate pressure on a number of players in the main game - Taaffe, Hutchison & Morrin come to mind.
Sharks thenext Friday night and then Titans at Belmore.
So the screws will be tightened on anyone underperforming.
Will be interesting to see how BBO goes. I don't think we've seen enough of him to rule him out as a half solution before O'Neill and Woods are ready.
BBO has always struck me as good at reading play, but hasn't had an extended opportunity to be the main organiser & show what he is capable of in game management.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Great news about Fox coverage.
If NSW Cup side performs well, there will be immediate pressure on a number of players in the main game - Taaffe, Hutchison & Morrin come to mind.
Sharks thenext Friday night and then Titans at Belmore.
So the screws will be tightened on anyone underperforming.
Will be interesting to see how BBO goes. I don't think we've seen enough of him to rule him out as a half solution before O'Neill and Woods are ready.
BBO has always struck me as good at reading play, but hasn't had an extended opportunity to be the main organiser & show what he is capable of in game management.
We've seen enough of BBO, he isn't it

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank fuck the women's game hasn't started because they'd be showing that instead of the reserves

I'd much rather watch the reserves (of anyside) than the women's game. Reserves are the next batch of nrl players
Agreed!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
They would go close to beating Wests Tigers FG I reckon.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thank fuck the women's game hasn't started because they'd be showing that instead of the reserves

I'd much rather watch the reserves (of anyside) than the women's game. Reserves are the next batch of nrl players
Does anyone watch girls league, I'd rather watch pickleball!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think BBO is the weak link in that Reserve Grade side.
Funny you say that, I thought he looked good in the Māori / Indiginous game ..

JAC gave him huge cred on Mansour’s pod cast ..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thankyou. Much appreciated
No worries mate. If you look on the NSWRL website under "Draws", you will see all game times and team lists for each round. They also mention whether they are televised or not.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny you say that, I thought he looked good in the Māori / Indiginous game ..

JAC gave him huge cred on Mansour’s pod cast ..
He played hooker in all stars game which appears to be his best position. Not nrl standard half.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where is O'Neill in Flegg?

I also think BBO is a decent 9/benchie but can't see him usurping Mann for example this year(chance if there was an injury i suppose)and Hayward is also maybe a better 9/sub than a half too, yes?

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Where is O'Neill in Flegg?
Yes, in Flegg. And the right move too, I think.

Yes, he's (more than) good enough to play in NSW Cup, but Sexton has the #7 there for now (and rightly so), so I would rather O'Neill play #7 in Flegg than #6 in Cup.

He can run his team (as the main guy), hone his craft, and get ready to jump over the top of either Hutchison or Sexton, depending on who falls out of favour in the top grade.

If he delivers on the promise of what we've seen so far, he'll be the main #7 in cup by mid-late year, and depending on where all of the chips fall, might even be closing in on an NRL debut by year's end.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I'll definitely be going to more nsw cup games this year.