Recruitment team did not do there homework

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People on here are delusional! He literally had to work more because our forwards were too lazy to tackle as well as we no forwards!

I dont see anyone else besides him up for the captaincy role! Id give it to Preston but I dont want pressure on him! I want him to excel next year

I guarantee you if he had forwards that actually worked, his missed tackles will be less

Such a dumb thread.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, which is it? We have no forwards? Or we do, but they're too lazy?
Both!

We had no forwards and when we did they didn’t do their job so the poor little **** did all the work

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We recruited players from clubs that were at the top end of the table.
Mahoney was the starting hooker of a team that made the GF last season. He was also in the conversation of origin selection.
Burton was in the starting side of a team that won the GF. The same with Kikau.
JAC had plenty of success at the Storm.

No doubt our recruitment team THOUGHT because they are from successful clubs, they will come here and lift the standards of the place and it will have a flow on effect.

Not only did these players not lift the place, but they became worse players themselves. Why?
It is very obvious that these players did not drive the culture at there previous club, they were the recipient of it.

Contrast this to what Bennett did, he went and bought LEADERS like the Bromwich brothers, Kafusi etc.
Now while these players are not "sexy" purchases like Kikau, Mahoney etc as they are at the end of there careers, Bennett identified and knows you need leaders first and foremost over skill, talent etc and look at the season they had?

While these leaders played pretty much at the same level as they did before, look at what effect it did to JMK, Jamayne Isaako, Hammer, Nikorima etc.

Gus and CC have identified and are hoping Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Salmon etc while not sexy buys, will drive the standard. They are not there have a major effect skill wise or grunt guys, but are "locker room" guys.

When you interview for these type of players, you are not looking for there skill sets and what they can do on the park, but what effect that have on the culture which has a far far greater effect that trying to just buy skillful or good forwards in a team with a rotten culture.

Time will tell but i they got it wrong.
So we should not sign rep calibre players? Ok.