Opinion Recruitment targets

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at who Gus is trying to bring in we have a lot of players of contact in the next 2 years .
If they hit there recruitment targets with ain’t they looking at with Tino in the mix and haas too and fritzell we get 2 outta the 3 our forward pack is a lot stronger with Kikau and Preston we’re solid. Hoping big Xerri and critchon come in next year and have a go too and sexton fingers crossed he can kick on and be out mainstay he the other night was calling for a the ball alot .and let burton play his running game . Done that after being signed Tuesday and had to move down. Got to give him a few to work out but who knows Benny hunt play may still be on the works too

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Looking at who Gus is trying to bring in we have a lot of players of contact in the next 2 years .
If they hit there recruitment targets with ain’t they looking at with Tino in the mix and haas too and fritzell we get 2 outta the 3 our forward pack is a lot stronger with Kikau and Preston we’re solid. Hoping big Xerri and critchon come in next year and have a go too and sexton fingers crossed he can kick on and be out mainstay he the other night was calling for a the ball alot .and let burton play his running game . Done that after being signed Tuesday and had to move down. Got to give him a few to work out but who knows Benny hunt play may still be on the works too
Fingers crossed.we need our spine sorted.he delivered on Saturday.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Ben Hunt was gun halfback St George would of been successful.. he can fuck off back to QLD where he belongs

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
If Ben Hunt was gun halfback St George would of been successful.. he can fuck off back to QLD where he belongs
He has been a gun the last 2 years or so when they have had a shit side. Back in 2018/19 when they had a better side he was pretty shit. St george were really weird back then would start like a house on fire and be top of the ladder after 5-6 rounds then fall all the way back to 9-12 after origin.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Now that we have locked in a decent halfback all we need are a couple of middle big forwards I guess.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we can’t get any big fish, these players would make great recruits:
Zyon Maiu'u (Warriors)
Kulikefu Finefueaki (Cowboys)
Shawn Blore (Tigers)
Thomas Hazelton (Sharks)
Ata Mariota (Raiders)
Davvy Moale (Rabbitohs)
Lindsay Smith (Panthers)
Griffin Neame (Cowboys) Terrell May (Roosters)
Lazarus Vaalepu (QCup)
Darryn Schonig (QCup)

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Zyon Maiu'u (Warriors)
Shawn Blore (Tigers)
Thomas Hazelton (Sharks)
Ata Mariota (Raiders)
Davvy Moale (Rabbitohs)
Lindsay Smith (Panthers)
Lazarus Vaalepu (QCup)
Darryn Schonig (QCup)
Shawn Blore has been told he’s free to leave by the Tigers. I would definitely make a play for him

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shawn Blore has been told he’s free to leave by the Tigers. I would definitely make a play for him
Can't say I have seen the guy play or at least he hasn't left an impression, but if he isn't good enough for the Tigers and they are releasing why do we want him?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't say I have seen the guy play or at least he hasn't left an impression, but if he isn't good enough for the Tigers and they are releasing why do we want him?
He's an ex Panthers player so fits right into our recruitment strategy.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s a good player, consistently runs hard - has been in and out of the Tigers this season, mainly due to stacked forwards (Stefano, Klemmer, Papalii, Bateman)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Zyon Maiu'u (Warriors)
Shawn Blore (Tigers)
Thomas Hazelton (Sharks)
Ata Mariota (Raiders)
Davvy Moale (Rabbitohs)
Lindsay Smith (Panthers)
Lazarus Vaalepu (QCup)
Darryn Schonig (QCup)
Worth a look:

THOMAS MIKAELE Titans)
TEPAI MOEROA (Storm)
TANIELA SADRUGU(Cowboys)
TUKIMIHIA SIMPKINS Tigers)
APISALOME SAUKURU (Tigers)

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Zyon Maiu'u (Warriors)
Shawn Blore (Tigers)
Thomas Hazelton (Sharks)
Ata Mariota (Raiders)
Davvy Moale (Rabbitohs)
Lindsay Smith (Panthers)
Lazarus Vaalepu (QCup)
Darryn Schonig (QCup)
Kulikefu finefueaki is a gun. I rate him.
Neame would be a good pick up aswell

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That is a top 4 forward pack without a doubt..
I think Tino stays at the GC though.
Out of the marquees, I can see Haas and Fotuaika for 2025 and maybe 2 capable middles for 2024.
Be interesting to see who we land, we will get at least 1 more big name for 24 or 25.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I believe we have 7 spots to fill with $2 million, assuming Tino or another big name comes in 2024 for $1million and a pub. That leaves us $1million for 6 players.

I think we will need to sign a starting lock / 2nd row forward, because Topine / Edwards / Oloapu aren't first grade material now / yet.

And we will need some outside back depth because we are losing Avo, Burns, Alamoti, Casey and have only signed Crighton and Xerri.

1. $1 million - Tino
2. $ 500k - Lock
3. $ 250k - Centre / Wing / FB
4. $ 250k - 3 players

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a top 4 forward pack without a doubt..
I think Tino stays at the GC though.
Out of the marquees, I can see Haas and Fotuaika for 2025 and maybe 2 capable middles for 2024.
Be interesting to see who we land, we will get at least 1 more big name for 24 or 25.
If we offer Tino a MIL plus a third party deal we'd have to be in with a very good chance if that's 200K or more extra per season on his next best offer. Still leaves us with a MIL for 2024. By 2025 if we don't re-sign TPJ that frees up another 750K per year moving forward. We could offer Haas like 1.2-1.3M a season. That would even compete with rugby who they reported were offering 1.2M and we'd probably be 200K per season more than the Broncs can afford plus third party.

Remember an extra 250K per season adds up to an extra MIL over 4 years so it's a pretty decent incentive

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
I believe we have 7 spots to fill with $2 million, assuming Tino or another big name comes in 2024 for $1million and a pub. That leaves us $1million for 6 players.

I think we will need to sign a starting lock / 2nd row forward, because Topine / Edwards / Oloapu aren't first grade material now / yet.

And we will need some outside back depth because we are losing Avo, Burns, Alamoti, Casey and have only signed Crighton and Xerri.

1. $1 million - Tino
2. $ 500k - Lock
3. $ 250k - Centre / Wing / FB
4. $ 250k - 3 players
4 spots vacant, unless Gus moves on anyone that is currently signed for next year