Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wayne is a loser these days, not required.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennett should have been at the dogs in 2009! It’s too late now!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Please, no. Look at how he left the Knights. Every player, every coach has to call it quits at some stage, Bennett should have been in his rocking a few years back.

Sometimes you have to accept there's hard times ahead, and we're in that position thanks to Dib, Hasler and Castle. There's no miracle fix, certainly not Wayne Bennett.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
One idiotic washed up old bastard already ruined our club, wouldn't take a punt on another in any capacity. Also Bennetts heart is at the Broncos, wouldn't give a fuck about anyone else.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Benny has been in the game for too long.

He has done and achieved everything as a coach and its time he gave it all up.

He aint getting any younger and whats left of time, should be used to bang the shit out of his missus from the steel city

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It would be good if we get Bennett as a assistant coach bare in mind were ever Bennett goes Darius Boyd there’s our full back or wing

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Benny has been in the game for too long.

He has done and achieved everything as a coach and its time he gave it all up.

He aint getting any younger and whats left of time, should be used to bang the shit out of his missus from the steel city
I think they split up a month or so ago.

Agree with you on the other points though.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the story is true and Wayne Bennett is on the outer at the Bronco's he should be looked at as a coaching advisor/assistant to Dean Pay without a doubt.

I know there is now a cap on expenditure on staff but do whatever it takes to get him. It will only benefit Dean Pay and inparticular the players. We can also use his experience with our junior system right through to top grade. Even if it's a consultancy role it doesn't matter, just get him!

We are a club trying to build back up from the bottom and his knowledge would be priceless for us right now.
No way because he would want to bring his love child Darius with him.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes not an advisor hes a coach.. Make it happen.. hes a proven winner

He should have 8 premierships if not for the last second miracle in 2015
I say advisor because I think he has plans to retire at the end of 2019 as a coach anyway. As an advisor/consultant his not required full time. Yes his a grumpy old bastard and ppl might think his style is outdated but with his experience in knowing how to bring out the best in players especially with juniors is second to none.

This game isn't just about physicality, it's also mental and he knows how the mind should and shouldn't tick when it come to Rugby League. His done it successfully on many occasions. You can't beat experience that's all I'm saying and at the moment we have very inexperienced management and coach we are believing in to get us out of this mess and Bennett's knowledge would be more power to all involved in the club.

Last edited:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id rather we get an attacking assistant coach that have a good tactical brain. I think the one we have started last season and we have not done well in that area since.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you can find it, listen to the Bennett interview.

It goes for 14 mins.

Best interview he has done. (well that's not difficult)

There were so many media people there today. lol

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say yes if he comes in and tell pay to drop that flog montoya