Re-sign Lichaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is overrated but he's better then Graham is at this point in their careers. Forwards used to be scared to run at James but not anymore.
Yeah I agree to a certain extent, however no where near the amount of money that's been reported we signed him for.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lichaa and Nu Brown could be a potent hooker combination.

Woolford is a little while off, and I *think* Garvey is gone next year.

Can I toss a cat amongst the pigeons?

Could it be in the last few weeks (since finals pressure is off), that the club have sat Des down and told him without the pressure of finals he has to win every game to be given till round 10 next season?

Yes it sounds bizzare, but clearly his coaching has changed in the past few weeks to get these results.

Lets all be honest here, if the Dogs play like this with only one player left on bench and with a stack of injuries during the game... imagine how they would play full strength.
It's possible but i highly doubt it. Hasler has been nothinf but stubborn and has refused to.make changes, now all of sudden he makes changes and we win 3 games? Lol cmon.

The most logical thing is that he's been given the flick and he doesn't have the influence on the side he once had. The Dogs wouldn't sack him during the year and let him hold his position publicly until the end. He's also repeating the whole "i have a 2 year contract with the Bulldogs" rubbish. Graham said a similar thing yet he's gone..

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I agree to a certain extent, however no where near the amount of money that's been reported we signed him for.
Graham was supposedly on 900k next year, Woods being on similar money its a decent swap.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Graham was supposedly on 900k next year, Woods being on similar money its a decent swap.
They're both way over priced. I just think we have enough forwards and the money shouled have been spent where needed.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's possible but i highly doubt it. Hasler has been nothinf but stubborn and has refused to.make changes, now all of sudden he makes changes and we win 3 games? Lol cmon.

The most logical thing is that he's been given the flick and he doesn't have the influence on the side he once had. The Dogs wouldn't sack him during the year and let him hold his position publicly until the end. He's also repeating the whole "i have a 2 year contract with the Bulldogs" rubbish. Graham said a similar thing yet he's gone..
Yeah it's just bizzare the change in form. If a DEScision has been made you'd think the club would announce it already. When they release him makes no difference.
By this I mean if you announce a month ago Des is gone at seasons end, you could still release him effective after November.

This is what makes me think he's had a "stay of execution" as coach. Either way, hope our new CEO keeps the fans informed more now though.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Scored the match winner while injuring himself. I'll be filthy if we don't give him a contract. It's amazing what some confidence and freedom can do for you. Imagine where he would be if he was able to play like from the start while refining his skill. Fuck me.

Also love Noddy during the commentry.. "he was vert brave coming out and saying Des wrecked his career" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
He threw one pass in the lead up to montoyas try from left to right that was pin point
First time in 3 years it was a spiral and went 15 metres easily onto Mbyes chest whom was standing deep and running onto the ball!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah it's just bizzare the change in form. If a DEScision has been made you'd think the club would announce it already. When they release him makes no difference.
By this I mean if you announce a month ago Des is gone at seasons end, you could still release him effective after November.

This is what makes me think he's had a "stay of execution" as coach. Either way, hope our new CEO keeps the fans informed more now though.
The change in form is clearly because the boys have moved away from Desball and look happy. Players are taking up different positions and looking to do things with the ball we haven't seen.

If the change is a result of Des making it then you have to ask why the hell didn't he do it earlier? This season we were promised change yet we dished up the worst attack i have ever seen. Hasler has had a stack of time yet we have been on the decline for years...i just can't possibly see the how the last 3 weeks are off the back of Des' coaching.

One thing i do know is that watching the Dogs under Hasler the last few years has been the worst experience ever. I have never felt like this during my time as a supporter of the club. The way Des has had the team playing is pathetic and totally unacceptable for a club like us.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The change in form is clearly because the boys have moved away from Desball and look happy. Players are taking up different positions and looking to do things with the ball we haven't seen.

If the change is a result of Des making it then you have to ask why the hell didn't he do it earlier? This season we were promised change yet we dished up the worst attack i have ever seen. Hasler has had a stack of time yet we have been on the decline for years...i just can't possibly see the how the last 3 weeks are off the back of Des' coaching.

One thing i do know is that watching the Dogs under Hasler the last few years has been the worst experience ever. I have never felt like this during my time as a supporter of the club. The way Des has had the team playing is pathetic and totally unacceptable for a club like us.
Yeah it makes no sense whatsoever that des has had this certain structure in place for how many years now and than all of a sudden with 3 rounds remaining he has suddenly changed them. Who knows what the hell is going on in the coaching front

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He threw one pass in the lead up to montoyas try from left to right that was pin point
First time in 3 years it was a spiral and went 15 metres easily onto Mbyes chest whom was standing deep and running onto the ball!!!
Ive said for ages i think its dessies shitty flat attack that caused his passing issues,nice deep backline much better

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has basically already said that the only reason he's playing this way is because he doesn't have a contract next season and has nothing to lose so he stopped following the coaches orders. Des just doesn't want his hookers running (queue the "hookers always run from me too" joke). I hope Lichaa's last few games will teach Des that he's doing the number 9 wrong. Then again Ennis' last two seasons at the Sharks didn't teach him anything so I doubt this will have any impact.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Agreed 100%

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry it was a bullet pass to brenko no try my apologies

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
tedesco perhaps? not sure why even go after woods when he was a chance
Yep I have no idea why we wouldn't have gone all out for Tedesco over woods. Clearly Tedesco out of the 2 is the player we need most.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he only gave a shit when he needs a new contract tbh

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
he only gave a shit when he needs a new contract tbh
This is bullshit man

He was playing for a contract with us and that's why he was still playing Desball up until a few weeks ago.

Once he learned no contract was coming he said fuck it and played his own game.

The kid has said over and over again, the fans have no idea when they're booing him and these last 3 weeks justify everything lichaa has said in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.