Rd 4 vs storm

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Credit to Pay (there I said it)
For making changes personnel and positions and changing up our game plan

I noticed that Meaney would attack if he was presented a staggered d line but if they were set he would give to his wingers ( bigger bodies)

JJ in the middle which majority of us been demanding since forever gives us punch in the middle then Elliott comes on and goes nuts

Rhys solid on edge and 2 points invaluable

Our balance is right but either bring in Brown or Cogger for Lichaa ....last 15 mins both those boys will be sharper out of dummy half

Lichaa despite being our 9 since 2015! Looks like he’s trying to work out an algebra equation whilst completing the Rubik cube before passing the ball

How to beat the Storm?

Dominate the middle...Napa needs to put Solomona back on his heels and JJ and Tolman need to take care of Bromwich bros...slow the ruck nullifies Cam Smith.

Storm 7 is rock or diamonds but Munster has a habit of killing us though if we can play a spoiling game and frustrate them like we did to the Tigers then no reason we couldn’t jag an upset win

Otherwise if we let them dictate terms expect a 30 plus belting

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The boys have to hold on to the ball Munster a beauty for pinching it. Pinched the ball 3 times against penrith. Give him a bit off his own medicine back. Ogden to smash him. Go doggies lets win another.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Round 4 team. Fuck off Lichha completely. Chris Smith should be able to play hooker for 15 minutes as well or better than Lichaa who immediately thew passes at Lewis and Forans foreheads as soon as he came on, FMD. Extra bench spot allows us to bring RFM back in as an impact option.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if Lichaa is not there, we have a real chance.
Depending on the health of the play makers I'd role the dice and have four big boppers on bench.
I'd probably add RFM.
Holland can simply swap positions with JMK if need be (that way no interchange is wasted)
But I really think JMK should try and play the eighty.
I really think we need to rattle them, hit them hard, try and hurt them and show total disrespect for Smith. Just smash and be grubby without get penalalised every opportunity..

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never say never.

1. The amount of confidence the team would have got from today is huge.
2. Meaney and Okunbor know it's their spot to lose so have to keep performing.
3. Foran, CHN, Elliott, Napa appear to be hitting form.
4. Our wingers are taller than their entire backline.
5. Shut down Cameron Smith and you shut down the Storm. Just send Ogden at him.

1. Meaney
2. Okunbor
3. Hoppa
4. Holland
5. RSmith
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. Elliott
15. CSmith
16. Ogden
17. Cogger / Nu Brown / RFM

347. Lichaa
So now you want Meaney in the team..
I thought that you said he was no where near first grade ready!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So now you want Meaney in the team..
I thought that you said he was no where near first grade ready!
Mate sometimes it’s so hard to predict how a reserve grader goes in first grade. I personally thought Meaney’s not ready, but full credit to the kid he handled himself well.

fireclust

Waterboy
Reaction score
I would drop Lichaa, replace him with a big hard hitter and utilize our current squad to give JMK a spell if he needs one. RFM had a couple of shockers but he is still one of our best forwards so don’t count him out just yet. I would bring him back in the side, move Holland to 9 CHN to centre when JMK needs a break. We’ve got a decent squad despite the naysayers, and we know they can pull a job on the day if they turn up. That said, Storm are still the team to beat so the boys will get a good test against the best in the comp. Hopefully the younger players are able to learn from the experience quickly going forward. I don’t expect a win either, but a full 80 min performance will be good.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney was always 1st grade ready... he held his own when he played 1st grade for Newcastle last season. my knights mates were sad to see him go. No doubt being relegated to reserve grade upon arrival to the dogs would have negatively impacted him... no one wants to take a step backwards... would have messed with him for sure

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’re a massive chance. Penrith were rubbish on weekend. Storm try’s we’re very opportunistic, will be closer than experts predict

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney was always 1st grade ready... he held his own when he played 1st grade for Newcastle last season. my knights mates were sad to see him go. No doubt being relegated to reserve grade upon arrival to the dogs would have negatively impacted him... no one wants to take a step backwards... would have messed with him for sure
Could have just as easily motivated him even more. He has been training the house down, working on his deficiencies and as a result he earned his place. He knows how hard it was to get there, so he knows how hard he has to work to stay there.

Go Dogs