Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliott is just doing stupid shit now though. He's running sideways more than Reynolds atm.
He certainly did that last night. A couple of weeks in the reggies wouldn't do him any harm at this stage, but sadly we will have 30 playing reggies next week if we use their current performances as the measure.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Loads of potential. Seems to be trying to do too much with every carry. Won't hurt him to tuck that ball under his arm and run straight and hard. Don't blame the guy though, every time he comes on we are behind on the score board so he is one of the few that is trying to do something.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How good was it when he stood in the tackle and has like 4 or 5 different chances to offload but no support players.

He should be starting every game, it's only with experience your defence gets better

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Future star in the making, embarrassed his cheating team mates who thought penalties win games.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
RFM certainly impressed me last night.

He runs hard and has a good step to go with it. When he offloads the ball he actually passes it to a player who knows that it is coming; there's no way he just lets it go with a "floppy drop" going nowhere.

His defence? Yes it can improve but last night I saw him pull off a few good hits. The more minutes he gets everything in his game is going to be better.

There has been a lot of talk about our recruitment being worse than useless, but Raymond Faitala-Mariner is certainly a success story.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
RFM certainly impressed me last night.

He runs hard and has a good step to go with it. When he offloads the ball he actually passes it to a player who knows that it is coming; there's no way he just lets it go with a "floppy drop" going nowhere.

His defence? Yes it can improve but last night I saw him pull off a few good hits. The more minutes he gets everything in his game is going to be better.

There has been a lot of talk about our recruitment being worse than useless, but Raymond Faitala-Mariner is certainly a success story.
All true and well said. The only shame is that we let go of Shaun Lane to make it happen. Having both would be handy as we need more gamebreaking forwards with skill.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
All true and well said. The only shame is that we let go of Shaun Lane to make it happen. Having both would be handy as we need more gamebreaking forwards with skill.
Looking back it was the right decision at the time I think. Many people here suggested something was off with Lane off field.

Struggled in NZ and got a lifeline from Manly and took 18 rounds to get a run via injury and has been pretty strong. Will run great lines off DCE every week now. Wouldn't get anything near the quality of ball here.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
THink id prefer RFM actually. I was a big fan of Shaun Lane though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looking back it was the right decision at the time I think. Many people here suggested something was off with Lane off field.

Struggled in NZ and got a lifeline from Manly and took 18 rounds to get a run via injury and has been pretty strong. Will run great lines off DCE every week now. Wouldn't get anything near the quality of ball here.
He definitely had some things to work on and wasn't and still isn't the finished product. But it's frustrating that Hasler would ship out those that weren't robots and we couldn't have helped him improve while at the club.

Patience is needed with young players, especially young forwards like Taupau, Eseese, Gavet, Lane and even Perrett who have all reached their potential at other clubs.

That's more of an indictment of Hasler and the structures of the club than the players themselves.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He definitely had some things to work on and wasn't and still isn't the finished product. But it's frustrating that Hasler would ship out those that weren't robots and we couldn't have helped him improve while at the club.

Patience is needed with young players, especially young forwards like Taupau, Eseese, Gavet, Lane and even Perrett who have all reached their potential at other clubs.

That's more of an indictment of Hasler and the structures of the club than the players themselves.
Can we please stop making out that perret is actually good. He's playing in a good team which is taking the spot light off him but he hasn't really had a game to be highly praised about

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can we please stop making out that perret is actually good. He's playing in a good team which is taking the spot light off him but he hasn't really had a game to be highly praised about
Lloyd is good tbh.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's why I said "even Perrett". Haha. He's playing well enough though and certainly showing more at Manly under a coach who encourages players to play with confidence than he ever did in his 5 minute stints under Hasler playing Desball.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's average nothing to really boast about

He sure as hell is no where near the good forwards we've released in the past
I'd rather him on the bench than what we have now. He also had to deal with his development turning to shit under Kim Jong-un.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd rather him on the bench than what we have now. He also had to deal with his development turning to shit under Kim Jong-un.
I think where we're miscommunicating is that me saying he isn't good doesn't mean he's shit. I just seem him as standard average squad player. Nothing more nothing less. He just does a job.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think where we're miscommunicating is that me saying he isn't good doesn't mean he's shit. I just seem him as standard average squad player. Nothing more nothing less. He just does a job.
For the time being, yes. Could easily be more than that though imo.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yet again Hasler left him on the bench for way too long and the only reason he came on when he did was because Elliot was injured.

I wonder if he would have had a Lichaa-esque five minute cameo if not for that? Or if Eastwood was still fit (I use that term loosely) if RFM would be in the squad at all?

Yet again in his thirty minute cameo RFM was great and offered what no other forward we have can. Obviously that's not good enough for Hasler though.

It's a disgrace to be honest and I feel for the kid because he's busting his ass outplaying almost every other player and not getting rewarded for it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
RFM needs to start and stay at lock. This whole "props as locks" experiment has failed completely.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
RFM needs to start and stay at lock. This whole "props as locks" experiment has failed completely.
He's best suited to an edge for sure. Burning him out in the middle making a tonne of tackles isn't the smartest idea.

Having him on an edge and floating around in attack will utilise his attacking skills.

But Klemmer should never play lock.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im impressed with rfm, seems like an old experienced canterbury backrower who plays beyond his experience.
Also impressed with fuaolo,s progression, would prefer this line up next week.
1. Mybe
2.bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Hoppa
5. Lee
6. Reynolds
7. Frawley
8. Fuaolo
9. Garvey
10. Graham
11. Jacko
12. Elliot