Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Radio rant smells like strife for outspoken Andrew Symonds

By Christian Nicolussi
January 24, 2009

ANDREW Symonds will be quizzed by Cricket Australia over a bizarre radio rant in which he labelled big-hitting New Zealand batsman Brendon McCullum a "lump of s--t".

Symonds's six minutes of madness happened live on air with Roy and HG on Triple M on Friday night.

The hosts were heard giggling as Symonds babbled on about McCullum and, at one stage, Matthew Hayden's wife.

Symonds only a day earlier took a swipe at New South Wales for signing McCullum at the expense of a local player for Saturday night's Twenty20 final against Victoria.

It came as Australia lost the third one-day international to South Africa at the SCG, falling behind 2-1 in the five-match series.

Symonds told the hosts: "They're trying to use him (McCullum) as the out because he's a Kiwi.

"Yep, we love to hate them, but he's the lump of s--t, sorry, lump of cow dirt, that people are thinking of. Now to get away from that, the actual topic is about playing cricket and getting into a final.

"To get yourself to that position and if you haven't brought anybody in, personally I wouldn't be changing a winning team.

"It doesn't matter about McCullum, mate, he could have been Irish, he still would have got it. It's not his fault, he's doing his job and trying to earn a wage.

"But what happened here is an injustice. I said Daniel Smith, his opposite number, was going to miss out. But they said this morning that Daniel Smith is going to play, but at the end of day somebody is still going to miss out."

Asked later about Hayden's cooking, Symonds replied that he takes a "side glance at Hayden's wife" as "it helps the meal go down amply well".

CA spokesman Peter Young said he had forwarded the recording to acting chief executive Michael Brown who will listen to the segment first thing on Saturday morning.

lol symonds is goneskies

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounded like jokes to me. Have a cry over it.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
haha he's a larrikin. CA should consider the context of those comments, roy & hg. enough said.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I heard it live - Thought it was a caller who'd had a few beers at first !

Status
Not open for further replies.