Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What do u expect them to say
“He is shit and not fg level”
Just like all the players had haslers back last season
What they say and what they believe can mean two totally different things.

I’m not ecstatic at the Frawley selection but I’ll watch him play round one then decide
I’m a Cleeland fan and thought he deserved his shot
Him and foz would compliment each other perfectly
Well I guess the thing is they didn't mention Cleeland at all, but they did mention RFM, Frawley, Foz and Mbye. So I guess they could've opted to not mention him. Still, it's all academic now. Frawls has his chance and if he goes well I'm sure everyone will be singing his praises. If not then he will be another TRex (without the price tag)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Everyone at work thinks im delusional and that storm will romp us. My reply was melbourne are missing a few key players and in 2009 when our squad was revamped, no one gave us a chance against the premiers and world club champs manly... but as you all remember we went out and fucking romped them. I have the same feeling that we will win, dont think it will be in a similar fashion, but we can win easy.
All we have to do is have good line speed and kick to the corners and chase hard to limit Munsters kick returns and Smith will have his hands full trying to save them.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I’m a Cleeland fan and thought he deserved his shot
Him and foz would compliment each other perfectly
I can't see Cleeland being with the club after this year. I mean the blokes 27 this year, yet to crack NRL. Even if he killed it, he's unlikely to get a run for more than a few years.

Lewis, JMK and Cogger are all younger.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you think Tolman can play 2 positions then so can Tualau, Burr or Ogden. Tolman needs to lift his game and intensity for me to consider this a strong bench. He needs to run harder, improve his metres per run, tackle harder, improve post contact metres, etc. Until i see that i will continue to worry.
Still a massive experience gap and gamble between pro and not but I totally agree Tolman needs to play to his full potential and adapt to a new style of a hard hitting agile forward. I am positive a front row of Woods, Klem and Tolman will steer this team around well.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler and Graham coming out and backing Jackson as the only choice for captain should have him pretty chuffed.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can't see Cleeland being with the club after this year. I mean the blokes 27 this year, yet to crack NRL. Even if he killed it, he's unlikely to get a run for more than a few years.

Lewis, JMK and Cogger are all younger.
Like to see Manly pick him up. Everyone wanted him to get a run last season but his ship has sailed... rather the club focus on retaining Lewis now King will be locked up.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
After a long offseason its finally fkn here. MATCH DAY. YAY!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would like to see a standing ovation for a minute tonight instead of silence for Folkes, I think he earned it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Reading some Storm forums and this was the best i came across;
"Aaron Woods is the most overrated prop in the game. This bulldogs team is not a very intimidating team. We have them covered everywhere. Better backs, better forwards, better spine, better bench and better coaching. Most teams got better over the offseason but I think the dogs went backwards"

Fuck i hope we grind these motherfuckers! 2k18 year of the dog

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reading some Storm forums and this was the best i came across;
"Aaron Woods is the most overrated prop in the game. This bulldogs team is not a very intimidating team. We have them covered everywhere. Better backs, better forwards, better spine, better bench and better coaching. Most teams got better over the offseason but I think the dogs went backwards"

Fuck i hope we grind these motherfuckers! 2k18 year of the dog
They have had a better team and coach for over 10 years... Does that mean they have won every game?

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In terms of our side, i am very skeptical how Pay has handled those trial games.
Essentially they have only played 40 minutes. Woods hasnt even played since last season. Mbye has played 40 minutes in a brand new crucial role for only 40 minutes and i dont believe he even took a bomb.
I have heard that they had intense opposed sessions, but that is no where what a trial gives.
Storm on the other hand had the World Cup final even if it was against a English Super league side, the intensity was there and that Cam Smith JT testimonial game that went down to the wire.
We saw on Thursday night a few Broncos players like Milford and Boyd who did not even play a game in the pre season look shocking.
He should have at least played Mbye in the game against Penrith. Cleary and Maloney would have given him a great work out under the high ball.
I hope i am wrong but i think Pay missed a trick here.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how Lichaa goes today and for the rest of the Season. The shackles are off, and I hope he resurrects his attacking ability that we saw start to emerge after Des. Wow what a tough 1st game for him against a future immortal in Smith who is not only a future immortal but also one of the on-field Referees. I'm wishing Lichaa well, he really copped it on here last year (including from me) just for doing what his Coach instructed. I hope playing against his instincts for so long has not damaged his game. Time will tell.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how Lichaa goes today and for the rest of the Season. The shackles are off, and I hope he resurrects his attacking ability that we saw start to emerge after Des. Wow what a tough 1st game for him against a future immortal in Smith who is not only a future immortal but also one of the on-field Referees. I'm wishing Lichaa well, he really copped it on here last year (including from me) just for doing what his Coach instructed. I hope playing against his instincts for so long has not damaged his game. Time will tell.
first try for lichaa :grinning: and cam smith to cry about it to the ref as a obstruction

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Win or lose, if they show the attitude the 04 team had, the respect for each other and willingness to to do whatever it takes down to the last second, I'll be a happy man tonight.

Only the true dogs of war attitude will be acceptable from here on forth. Nothing less.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So apparently there's still a cricket pitch in the middle of the field. Ffs we're going to get injuries because of this game in perth

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So apparently there's still a cricket pitch in the middle of the field. Ffs we're going to get injuries because of this game in perth
My thought exactly mate. Hard pitch.
Touch wood no injury

Status
Not open for further replies.