Question re speeding fines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was caught for doing 15-20kms over the limit by a cop, pulled over whatever. he asked me how fast i was going and i just kept pretty silent but respectful, the norm, and he kept saying you were doing 100 werent ya and i denied denied denied. Anyway point is, he came out of his vehicle with a phone looking device, he obviously would've caught the number plate, but i didn't get handed a ticket or anything, so what happens now? do i get a ticket in the mail? did i get lucky?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are lucky... If he was going to fine you than he would have already...

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are lucky... If he was going to fine you than he would have already...
I have had the same thing and he didn't give me an on the stop fine & I thought he let me go. It showed up a few weeks later in the mail.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought cops always gave it to you on the spot.

Oh well your own fault if you do get a fine.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes yaget lucky, I was doin 100 in a 60 in the wet and a highway patrol prked on da side of the road lit me up, but never got nuffni in the mail nor did he come after me. But usally when they stop u they tell you if ur gettig fined.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lucky you got let off. Next time stick to the road rules unless you ride an R1 or drive a Ferrari ;)

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Was caught for doing 15-20kms over the limit by a cop, pulled over whatever. he asked me how fast i was going and i just kept pretty silent but respectful, the norm, and he kept saying you were doing 100 werent ya and i denied denied denied. Anyway point is, he came out of his vehicle with a phone looking device, he obviously would've caught the number plate, but i didn't get handed a ticket or anything, so what happens now? do i get a ticket in the mail? did i get lucky?
Ignore the self-righteous rubbish below... my guess is that you are ok... but just wait and see.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You *should* be okay.

If you have a clean record, he might have cut you a break.

If you get pulled over you'll normally get it on the spot. Only exceptions (in NSW) to that rule, is if the officer doesn't have a charge book with him (to fine you), has run out, or is a detective / CIU officer.

Phone looking wasn't the breath test machine was it? They can look like that.

Either way I think you are fine, normally the officer will say at the time he is giving you a ticket.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As far as the eastern states are concerned, i've found NSW cops to the most realistic, and willing, if you are co-operative, to downgrade your fine, or give a warning.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
as the game mentioned, they should tell you that youre gonna be fined.
if youve had a clean driving record for 10 years then you can probably get the fine waived. i wasnt so lucky, i was 9-and-a-half years clean & the pricks still got me.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
As far as the eastern states are concerned, i've found NSW cops to the most realistic, and willing, if you are co-operative, to downgrade your fine, or give a warning.
Exception being country cops. If they know you are facing a 3-4 hr drive to the local courthouse to argue a $200-$300 fine, they know chances are whatever Mr Policeman says, you'll likely accept.

Years ago I copped a "failure to keep left" on Hume Highway. He claimed I sat in right hand lane for too long, yet before he could pull me over safely, the 5 cars I'd just overtaken came past. *rolls eyes*.

Still, best to be respectful and honest. If you were speeding man up to it, and you'll normally get cut a break.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
STOP BREAKING THE LAW AAAAAASSSSSSSHOLE

:p

Sounds like you got let off buddy

Always ask to see the speed detector, the fact he/she was repeatedily asking you means they had nothing

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People have already mentioned this and yes if they plan to send you something in the mail, they normally say so.

Phone looking device??? Camera maybe??? If there is footage of alleged speeding offence then he may take it back to the station to calculate estimated speed of travel.

That ten year clean period is also correct, he would have checked that.

The fact that he was trying to get an admission gives the appearance that he didn't have much evidence to begin with. Police get annoyed when they suspect an offence but can't prove it. This multiplies when the alleged offender has a poor attitude, the fact that you were polite may mean that the officer won't be on a mission to prove your alleged guilt.

Was he hwy patrol, they're known to be less lenient.

Have I confused you, lol. Good luck mate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL I hope you get it in the mail faggot

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personal preference whether to send it in the mail or give it on the spot. It's been a few weeks so you're fine. All I can recommend is to be respectful. Most police will respect you if they are given it.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
deny deny deny, ask for a reading, record them, make them feel uncomfortable.

got off doing 20 over on the way to sydney once, pissing down rain at night, started recording asked him where his high vis was, few mins later winked at me returned to his car and drove off.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

got off doing 20 over on the way to sydney once, pissing down rain at night, started recording asked him where his high vis was, few mins later winked at me returned to his car and drove off.
That's an urban legend, I know at least 5 people that has "happened" to them

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Since when do high vis vest need to be worn every time they get out of the vehicle. I'd say you we're just lucky

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
15-20k over the limit and you're worried about getting a ticket?

You're an ahole that could potentially kill some one.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
15-20k over the limit and you're worried about getting a ticket?

You're an ahole that could potentially kill some one.
There's always one.

As long as you sleep at night knowing all the murders/rapes/actual crimes have been solved and Police are answering their true calling by hiding in bushes ready to strike at the REAL crooks - NSW motorists who have the audacity to drive 15km over the limit...

Status
Not open for further replies.