QLD floods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
thought i'd post this here

Andrew Bogut slams the people who posted false bids on ebay auction set up for flood relief

Australian NBA star Andrew Bogut has slammed the "arseholes" who posted bogus bids on auctions set up to raise money for flood relief.

The Milwaukee Bucks star and Socceroo champion Tim Cahill are offering fans the chance to attend games, receive signed merchandise and meet players as part of the incredible packages.

But the auctions of "The Tim Cahill Experience" and Bogut's NBA package have been sabotaged by fake bids, with Cahill's auction dropping from $999,999 to $180,000 due to bids that were either retracted or deemed by eBay to be "non-genuine".

Bogut's auction plummeted from over $60,000 to $15,000, prompting the talented centre to vent his frustrations on social networking site Twitter.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"So it seems there were some False Bids on my Eebay flood relief auction. Arseholes. Why mess around with charity auctions. Karma will get you," Bogut wrote.

"Auction is down to 11k. Crazy stuff, False bids all over the place."

Bogut also lent his support to Cahill, who has also drawn fake bids to the extremely important effort to raise funds for people in need.

"Can't Believe people were fake bidding Tim Cahill's Auction for Flood Appeal. Morons," Bogut Tweeted.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
pathetic to put down false bids tbh...people are trying to raise money and its not being taken seriously *shakes head*

P

Paint.

pathetic to put down false bids tbh...people are trying to raise money and its not being taken seriously *shakes head*
OR people are trying to raise the price so that more money is donated? I dunno, but it's still stupid.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
GREENS leader Bob Brown says the coal mining industry should foot the bill for the Queensland floods because it helped cause them.

The floods are Queensland's worst for nearly 40 years, with more than 26,000 homes affected and at least 16 people killed.

Senator Brown said the Federal Government should impose the original version of the Resources Super Profits Tax, and use the funds to pay for the clean-up.

"It's the single biggest cause - burning coal - for climate change and it must take its major share of responsibility for the weather events we are seeing unfolding now," he said in Hobart today.

"We know that the oceans around Australia are at record high temperatures, and that's causing the moisture in the air which is leading to these catastrophic floods.

"It is costing billions of dollars, besides the pain, the anguish, the loss of life, the destruction and it should not be left to ordinary taxpayers to bear the full brunt of that.
"

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...leader-bob-brown/story-e6freoof-1225988809313

I thought the drought was because of global warming and that the dams would never be full again because of global warming?

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Yes. Climate change is also responsible for death, taxes and the Labor Party

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
and fat chicks in spandex, global warming is to blame- the vicious chafing also contributes to a cycle of ever increasing heat

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes. Climate change is also responsible for death, taxes and the Labor Party
If only some members of the Labor party would become extinct because of climate change.

Bob Brown is right though, I mean this is the first time there has ever been a flood. There were never any floods before the industrial revolution were there?

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
Yes, previous to industrialisation rainfall was both dependable and regular. Never did water courses have either too much or too little water. This is the inside scoop from Al Gore btw, we've wrecked everything & we're doomed I tells ya

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
maybe if they didn't try to stop building of more dams this wouldn't happen or be as severe... naaah it's the mining of coal

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
maybe if they didn't try to stop building of more dams this wouldn't happen or be as severe... naaah it's the mining of coal
but they might kill a frog if they build a dam!

Why would they want to build a dam when it could prevent floods, ensure more water supply and possibly be used for hydro electricity? Dumbest idea ever!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
There is waaaayyyyy too much logic going on in here in the last few posts .... I'm leaving.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
but they might kill a frog if they build a dam!

Why would they want to build a dam when it could prevent floods, ensure more water supply and possibly be used for hydro electricity? Dumbest idea ever!
exactly save the frogs/fish or save lives and millions in damages... nah lets save the frogs so we can feel better about ourselves and blame it on global warming because hey thats all we know

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I remembered my dad have rental properties up QLD, I asked him if they were affected and he tells me he sold them ages ago. Probably why he is in the Horseracing syndicates now.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
went into grantham today to help a mate start cleaning his farm. had to go into gatton and register first, then through a police roadblock where they are checking your details and where you are going.
then into grantham.... words cannot describe the pure devestation, i counted 20 cars destroyed still sitting in farms, boats destroyed still sitting on trailers, houses in the middle of farm land, and the whole area is covered in debris.
houses have been condemed by police and oh&s, huge piles of smashed and damaged things, it really brings home just how lucky some were to survive.

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gillard wants to introduce a flood levy - raising out medicare levy by $5 a week to pay for it!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Less than 50k - 0%
50k to 100k - 0.5%
100k+ - 1%

Status
Not open for further replies.