Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Highlights
http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2015/11/06/holland_2015_highlig.html

New signing Kerrod Holland explains his decision to join the Bulldogs, what the focus is for him ahead of the 2016 pre-season and more in a Q and A chat with Bulldogs.com.au

Holland, 23, starred in the Knights’ run to the NSW Cup grand final last season and will join the Bulldogs on a two year deal.

He hails from Singleton and was a standout for Cessnock before getting the call-up to the NSW Cup last season where he played 16 games and crossed the try-line on 18 occasions.

In a Q and A below, he outlines his decision to join the club and more.

What was the main reason in joining the Bulldogs?

One of the big reasons coming here was being able to train full-time and be a part of the full-time squad, but also having the opportunity to work with the amazing facilities the Bulldogs have at Belmore and under Des Hasler.

What impressed you about Des?

His ability to continue to be successful and get the best out of his players.

What did you take away from the 2015 NSW Cup season?

You have to take every opportunity when they come and when they present themselves, but I also take away the experience of playing on the big stage (Grand Final Day).

What is your focus for the 2016 pre-season?

My focus is to get up to the level of an NRL player.

I need to get my body right, get up to speed with training, become stronger, fitter, faster and I believe the facilities here at Belmore will give me every chance of achieving this.

Where do you enjoy playing?

I like the fullback position, but I can play anywhere in the outside backs.

How much will the experience of the Morris twins and Sam Perrett help you?

Starting again was another reason why I came to the Bulldogs and to see the wealth of experience that is already here and hopefully I can learn from these players to take my game to the next level.

How important is life away from football?

I’m an electrician by trade and having this gives you a mindset to keep working hard and provides that balance away from the footy field.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2015/11/06/q_and_a_kerrod_holla.html

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he prefers fullback which is interesting.

he kicks goals at 65% which is around what hokko was at in 2015

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
he prefers fullback which is interesting.

he kicks goals at 65% which is around what hokko was at in 2015
My Knights mate thinks his best position is fb, looks like Holland prefers playing there also.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although he played in the NSW Cup grand final he knows that he needs to be stronger, fitter and faster to have a show of making the Bulldogs first grade.

To me he sounds like a young man who has ambition but is realistic and level headed about what he needs to do be an achiever. So far I like the guy and hope he does well.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Highlights suggest he has some speed and strength going for him. Can find the line. Beware Sammy Perret

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone else read "Konrad Hurrell" in the title?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
more than likely will never see first grade, absolutely nothing to rave about so far in his football career......yes he might make it, but for the moment he's just another Neville in the lower grade.....another "Des" signing from the discount bin

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Although he played in the NSW Cup grand final he knows that he needs to be stronger, fitter and faster to have a show of making the Bulldogs first grade.

To me he sounds like a young man who has ambition but is realistic and level headed about what he needs to do be an achiever. So far I like the guy and hope he does well.
I agree, and well spotted and pointed out,
I didn't hold much hope for him making NRL,
But as you said, it sounds like he knows what he needs to do and where he needs to be to play NRL,
So I wish him all the very best of luck,

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As ive said before im from newcastle & Alot of people are not happy they lost him.Hes not as fast but he reminds me alot of James Roberts the way he runs & moves.I like the look of him..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Moves like a younger Josh Morris. Strong ball runner and can break tackles, but not the fastest bloke.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As ive said before im from newcastle & Alot of people are not happy they lost him.Hes not as fast but he reminds me alot of James Roberts the way he runs & moves.I like the look of him..
I agree
Not as quick but has the same gait and running style
Not sure if most people noticed he mostly played right wing, hopefully we don't see Perett too much in FG as this kid looks great on the wing

He looks like he has something at fullback and can find a gap as well couple of runs against the grain he broke the line

Too small for centre these days centres are all big blokes

I only see him as either FB or wing and looked good catching a few cross field kicks on the wing as well

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
BulldogzLegend i agree buddy.But i think with a big preseason he will add a few kg's also.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
not overly impressed with the highlights.....almost all those tries were very very soft where he wasn't required to beat a single player... I agree with finchie here

its a kennel thing where every new signing is suddenly expected to be in the 17 you only have to look at everyones predicted teams for next year and they are all crammed full of these fringe signings (and even ones that aren't signed)....it happens every year

McInally
Abbey
Lokko
Frawley
Gavet
Luke MacDougall
Low
Paea
Tia Kilifi

Status
Not open for further replies.