Props available to sign November 1 (for 2025)

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i really like Greig but i think they have been stung too hard by the Pele experience to go after another real big boy. I think the game has left the 120 kg + thickies behind, with a few notable exceptions.
The fact Pele is gone opens up a spot for a replicate with hope for a better outcome.

Malla

Reaction score
I’ll try and keep it simple, particularly in relation to this;

1. I don’t for 1 second believe that Gould and the recruitment team are prioritising one thing (pathways) over another (NRL player recruitment). They can and are doing both simultaneously and with equal weight.

2. Our major problem over the last decade has not been 1 or 2 $1m players on short term contracts, the big issue has been multiple $500k and $600k players that weren’t worth half that on multi year contracts. That were so bad that we couldn’t offload them and had to run their contracts out or pay someone to take them.

3. The biggest single problem over the last decade was Hasler‘s grotesquely back ended contracts, which meant players were never going to leave in the later year/s of their contracts because they had been underpaid in the earlier years. No club was going to pay them that inflated later year rate, so they couldn’t be moved on.

Just my views.

Always a Bulldog
You’ve just reinforced why you’re a spastic.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm unsure if Moeaki Fotuaika is or isn't a big name prop. Probably IS but he wouldn't be on massive overs. I think he's definitely worth 650-700K to "us". I really think we need one of his type of signings to give us at least one consistent starting prop you can rely on every game to make metres and make his tackles. Panthers and Eels have 2 as do most of the good teams. With pathways, if we buy 4 depth type players who are just above average instead of spending the same money on 2 superstars the 4 players block pathways twice as much and instead of younger players learning from the best they're just learning from average NRL players to be average themselves. This is why I'd rather we buy a Tino type player rather than a busted SST, Salmon and Taaffe who add up to 1M
We won't get Fotuaika for what he's worth.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good choices for 25. I like Moeki Fotuaika a real competitor. Both Molo brothers although not huge have a mungrel about them. Braden Hamun-Uelin also inmo a good forward. The only thing i would change going forward would be to always have a support runner with a one up hit so they dont line our boys up. One against three otherwise.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The Dolphins seriously have about 7 seasoned props on their books.

A cheap option until we go hard for a Mo Fotuaka would be Mark Nicholls on a 2yr deal.
He’s got a good engine, and seems to be getting better with age.

I seriously can’t understand how during Covid (yes Gus was with us) we had to borrow 2 players from the Raiders due to no props for a few games…. Yet here we are a few years later and we’re still crying out for f’ucking go forward props.
y u think Nicholls will be cheap?

He was signed at 500k a year, would be higher if he went up with the cap

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
From a recruitment perspective, easir to poach players who dont need to move house, so i would go lindsay smith, Tom Burgess and Twal

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is always looking for value for money. Never wants to get into bidding wars so this along with other circumstances means it's very unlikely we're getting Tino or Haas unfortunately so next best choice for 2025 would be ?

I think our 1st priority should be Moeaki Fotuaika. If the Titans keep Fifita and Tino on overs they can't afford overs to keep this guy. We need a decent younger SOO quality starting prop. If we can get 2 move on TPJ and also sign Braden Hamlin-Uele, Jacob Saifiti or Toby Rudolf

Jesse Bromwich, Thomas Burgess, Jesse Colquhoun, Mat Croker, Herman Ese'ese, Sione Fainu, Moeaki Fotuaika, Payne Haas, Braden Hamlin-Uele, Tuku Hau Tapuha, Peter Hola, Jaiyden Hunt, Valingi Kepu, Ben Liyou, Makahesi Makatoa, Ata Mariota, Terrell May, Shaquai Mitchell, Francis Molo, Michael Molo, Jirah Momoisea, Zane Musgrove, Mark Nicholls, Ofahiki Ogden, Aaron Pene, Ky Rodwell, Toby Rudolf, Jacob Saifiti, Pasami Saulo, Jamal Shibasaki, Lindsay Smith, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, Martin Taupau, Alec Tuitavake, Alex Twal, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Jarrod Wallace
That is a lot of Polynesian names

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Bronco’s under pressure to keep Haas, they’ll also need to massively upgrade Ezra Mam, Cobbo and Walsh, plus a few others .. they can’t keep them all.

We should look at pinching Xavier Willison and continue developing him .. looks to be the one Bronco’s are looking at for the future ..

21 year old Prop
Av run metres 137.6 .. a high of 265 metres
Tackle efficiency 95.5

Image1691455551.304724.jpg

Last edited:

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With Bronco’s under pressure keep Haas, they’ll also need to massively upgrade Ezra Mam, Cobbo and Walsh, plus a few others .. they can’t keep them all.

We should look at pinching Xavier Willison and continue developing him .. looks to be the one Bronco’s are looking at for the future ..

21 year old Prop
Av run metres 137.6 .. a high of 265 metres
Tackle efficiency 95.5

View attachment 78597
Great idea. But signed with broncos to 2025

Malla

Reaction score
OK, I’m totally confused, WTF has pathways got to do with signing a $1.2m NRL player? Pathways are not included in the NRL Salary Cap, in reality there is no Cap effect at all for signing pathways players. We can spend however much we feel is justified and it has zero effect on our $12m NRL Salary Cap.

In the context of developing pathways the per annum value of NRL player/s contract/s is/are completely irrelevant. What is relevant is the length of NRL player contracts as we don’t want to have pathways blocked for years into the future. Hence why we are recruiting NRL players on 1 and 2 year contracts, often with options in our favour.

As a result I see no issue with recruiting $1m players for 1, 2 or 3 years but I doubt we will see many 5 or 10 year contracts in the DCE or Taumalolo context.

Always a Bulldog
I am just resharing this because I'm having a chuckle with my mate about some spastic on a forum that could not understand what I was saying and took it way out of context. My mate said it reminded him of his wife. I laughed haha.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Payne Haas for me, but he’ll cost us. He just rejected $1.1 million a year for 4 years from the Broncos.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great idea. But signed with broncos to 2025
I don’t get the signed till 2025 part .. mutual agreements are made all the time ..

1) player managers have clauses in young players contracts to circumnavigate these things if a lot more money comes their way.

2) agreements are made between clubs all the time to let players go to free up money and top 30 positions

3) there’s plenty of players playing at new clubs that were signed to long term contracts with their previous club.

Since when did being signed till 2025 ever stop anyone ?

I didn’t say we could get him … but with the Bronco’s about to need to free up as much as possible it’s worth a serious look …

Reactions: ATT

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if Gus has spoken to Corey Horsburgh for 2025 ?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I am just resharing this because I'm having a chuckle with my mate about some spastic on a forum that could not understand what I was saying and took it way out of context. My mate said it reminded him of his wife. I laughed haha.
Last attempt, there is no relationship whatsoever between Pathways and the Salary Cap. What we do in Pathways has no effect whatsoever on what we do under our Salary Cap in regards to dollars. Perhaps you need to go back and reread you original post.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last attempt, there is no relationship whatsoever between Pathways and the Salary Cap. What we do in Pathways has no effect whatsoever on what we do under our Salary Cap in regards to dollars. Perhaps you need to go back and reread you original post.

Always a Bulldog
Hey T.T. what, if any, is the policy for forward loading player payments? IE reverse back ending contracts

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Built for forward packs.

You want big white boys look at the world strongest man comps. Scandinavians and Russians.
Yep, Iceland has a population of only 400k. Thats like just Bankstown. And they dominate strongmen comps.

Massive white people in the baltic region too.