Presser vs Manly...

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be writing off CC just yet. The first 10 rounds most people were giving him a pass mark which tells you he can coach. Players are clearly tanking and many know they won’t be here next year. I’ll reserve my judgement until midway through next year. Too early to tell if a rookie coach has what it takes in his first year.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be writing off CC just yet. The first 10 rounds most people were giving him a pass mark which tells you he can coach. Players are clearly tanking and many know they won’t be here next year. I’ll reserve my judgement until midway through next year. Too early to tell if a rookie coach has what it takes in his first year.
GUYS I FOUND GUS!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

It took him 10 rounds to " un coach" all the good out of the players who we recruited and already had from last year.

That is why our performance continued to decline and go backwards as the comp progressed .

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sorry coach but clearly it’s something your coaching staff is going. I’ve never seen a bunch of superstars decline like ours. Jac, Burton, Mahoney and some what kiks today all just look way out of depth. No hunger, stupid mistakes, no commitment and no care. It’s like they are all giving the coach a big middle finger. Bloody embarrassing this club has become

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It took him 10 rounds to " un coach" all the good out of the players who we recruited and already had from last year.

That is why our performance continued to decline and go backwards as the comp progressed .
Maybe, or maybe the good players we recruited are sick and tired of trying to carry a team full of hacks and over playing their hand e.g Mahoney

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe, or maybe the good players we recruited are sick and tired of trying to carry a team full of hacks and over playing their hand e.g Mahoney
Team on paper is not bad at all if you look at their performance in the season prior to 2023.

Kiks, TPJ, Thompson, Burton, Mahoney, JAC, would have made into any top NRL side in the year 2022.

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Team on paper is not bad at all if you do not look at their performance in the season prior to 2023.

Kiks, TPJ, Thompson, Burton, Mahoney, JAC, would have made into any top NRL side in the year 2022.
6/17 doesn’t cut the mustard in the NRL. And two of those players you mentioned have played a combined total of ten games this year. Just saying

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The RFM debacle throughout the season impacted team culture in a big way - RFM wanting lighter training and effectively lower standards…needless to say, he’ll be in Reggie’s or not at the club in 24.

A big chunk of the team is departing which can’t help morale but the decision warranted - another clean out needed, I saw Thompson shirt grab or straight up miss way too many times, Okunburs defence is woeful and our intensity/urgency is only there in patches… it’s not NRL standard.

I wouldn’t put any Flegg players in there, they shouldn’t be exposed to the toxic behaviours from a group of men whose not at the club next year or are giving up.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but Flanno came on an put more intensity and passion into his game. Competed hard in a very truly crap team. Even still it’s complete TRASH.
Without Flanno working with Averillo and Wilson, the score would have been 42-12.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
100% Trying to save his own skin now.
He has another year before he starts to feel the heat from the administration. Fans seem to have already given up on him.
Nobody expects us to make the top four next year, but better than 10th should be a minimum.

I can't see it happening, though.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sounds like he flicked a switch after today's game, at least that is what I am hoping. We will know by his team selection for Round 27
It will be just another missmatch of players available. Another team with new players, unused to playing first grade, and not knowing each other's playing style.

It will be another cake walk for the opposition, and another presser like this one.

The media will be camped outside Belmore hoping for their next Mad Monday scandal.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you look at forward pack yardage from each game this weekend I think youl find the team who won yardage win the game each time. It’s that important. Blame Ciro all you like but our go forward is the issue
agree around the forward pack, our pack is the worst defensive and least intimidating pack in the competition, it doesn’t matter how good or creative your outside backs are all momentum is created from the forwards….

however Ciro is a major part of the problem, the team has no game plan and never plays the same way twice.. there is no structure, little to no defence and thus a team low on confidence and devoid of ideas…

it’s a coaching and culture issue and we are clearly going backwards as a club. When you look around the comp at a lot of the ex players who were so called terrible players with us many of them are going really well and are constant first graders.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The RFM debacle throughout the season impacted team culture in a big way - RFM wanting lighter training and effectively lower standards…needless to say, he’ll be in Reggie’s or not at the club in 24.

A big chunk of the team is departing which can’t help morale but the decision warranted - another clean out needed, I saw Thompson shirt grab or straight up miss way too many times, Okunburs defence is woeful and our intensity/urgency is only there in patches… it’s not NRL standard.

I wouldn’t put any Flegg players in there, they shouldn’t be exposed to the toxic behaviours from a group of men whose not at the club next year or are giving up.
That was another case of Pinocchio trying to sound like a real coach, lying about putting Flegg players in. Tuesday arvo will yield a similar shit line up.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well. So CC calls out the 5 guys walking after the Dogs bomb and Manly made the break up field. Then Burton is asked what he thought was behind the lack of effort like that and mumbled some waffle.

So I went back to the highlights to see who the five guys walking are. Probably the most notable was some clown wearing the #6.

You just cannot script this stuff.
Same shit as always. Finds any positive he can. "Oh we were still in it right up until they scored their 10th try" whatever blah, blah, blah. Threatens to drop players but all words and no action. Useless softcock c..t. No player would respect him. He's like a pussy schoolteacher that lets the students walk all over him

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You really put Thompson in that list of players bro lol our team has lots of gaps

Ok may be not Thompson, but he still was one of our best prior to 2023 whenever he was fit.

This year every single player has declined from previous year including our new recruits.