Pre-season Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Positive- our attack looks alot better,deep backline players running onto the ball.
Negative- our d looking soft as and of course dorothy looking half asleep as usual

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Mbye looking sharp in the trial, Graham back to his best also, I'm starting to get excited

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Positive- our attack looks alot better,deep backline players running onto the ball.
Negative- our d looking soft as and of course dorothy looking half asleep as usual
Yeah the D let in some soft ones. That second try was scored when Hoppa was injured so our D wasnt that bad. From reading the tweets i think they scored their first try after three sets on our line. Second half who cares it was scrubs vs scrubs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mbye looking sharp in the trial, Graham back to his best also, I'm starting to get excited
Well hopefully Graham doesn't come back and pull a Paul Gallen. He was great last night, ran with purpose and found little half gaps between defenders, also used a short ball when possible without going overboard looking to pass almost every run. This is the Graham i wanna see this year.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah the D let in some soft ones. That second try was scored when Hoppa was injured so our D wasnt that bad. From reading the tweets i think they scored their first try after three sets on our line. Second half who cares it was scrubs vs scrubs.
Yep i just hope des doesn't reward sherex and perret for mediocrity as we seem to have some good young talent that should be picket ahead of them

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the last panthers pass may have been forward as well.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was at the game and I thought abbey was good in the 2nd half. Hoppa was copping alot of shit from both fans when he didnt bother to try stop that last try in the first half. I know its only a trial but ffs that pissed alot of us off lol also who was number 6 in the first half ? Was it chisolm ?

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was at the game and I thought abbey was good in the 2nd half. Hoppa was copping alot of shit from both fans when he didnt bother to try stop that last try in the first half. I know its only a trial but ffs that pissed alot of us off lol also who was number 6 in the first half ? Was it chisolm ?
He was being assisted off by the trainer at the time. If he had tried to tackle the bloke and made the injury worse we would all be blowing up today. Trials aren't about the scoreboard.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was injured at that time wasnt he?

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pretty sure he was standing with a trainer, not worth it for a trial win to play on injured

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hoppa was copping alot of shit from both fans when he didnt bother to try stop that last try in the first half. I know its only a trial but ffs that pissed alot of us off
Can't see how you could be pissed that an injured player, didn't injure himself more, to stop a try being scored in a nothing game.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trex was running good lines but in defense both in the trial last night and the nines he was woeful
Lazy and flat footed
Needs to go on the bench until he is motivated
To be honest lane is often like that too in defense we are so lucky to have JJ

Hoppa played really well and so did mbye they were stand outs
Abbey was average other than catching a good bomb that bounced to score

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trex was running good lines but in defense both in the trial last night and the nines he was woeful
Lazy and flat footed
Needs to go on the bench until he is motivated
To be honest lane is often like that too in defense we are so lucky to have JJ

Hoppa played really well and so did mbye they were stand outs
Abbey was average other than catching a good bomb that bounced to score
IMO he's worse than Trex at defending.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was being assisted off by the trainer at the time. If he had tried to tackle the bloke and made the injury worse we would all be blowing up today. Trials aren't about the scoreboard.
No he wasnt i was right there he watched him run past him.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
So now you all dont care about winning. Winning is an attitude that should be apart of our team who gives a **** if its a trial or not. When you have that jersey on you should be giving 100%
But now we know if youre with a trainer you dont have to try tackle someone. The bar has been set ......

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lane is a definite arm grabber.
His defense needs to improve. I guess it's overlooked because he goes good with the ball in hand ?
I think its a little of that and a little bit of wanting anyone but Trex. I like Lane but I think his D is worse and he doesnt get enough yards for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.