Opinion Pre Season Training

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Still can’t believe we are going into the season with the forwards as they are surely there has to be some late movement. Maybe now Nofo is gone WT might do a player swap or something. Their outside backs are dogshit. Bulla is the only one that might make our team.
Can't underestimate them, have a pretty handy young centre in Josh Feledy... Wingers are pretty easy to come by.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Training was closed today

I managed to sneak a look over the hill

It was drills into a full contact opposed session, firsts vs reggies

- Fox, Critta, Kiraz all sat out
- backline was L-R Skelton, Xerri, Perham, Wilson with both Taffee and Tracey getting reps at fullback (mainly Tracey)
- Hughes played prop for firsts but was wearing a reggies top
- Edwards played prop/middle for firsts along with Curran
- Sexton/hutch sharing the 7
- rest of the squad was as expected

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

- backline was L-R Skelton, Xerri, Perham, Wilson with both Taffee and Tracey getting reps at fullback (mainly Tracey)
They are all training in various positions
There is no set team as such, they are all swapping positions at training
Curran did not play prop, 13
Gym looks sensational

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the intel. How did we look? Cohesion, sharpness etc. Were the halves linking well with each other and there outside men? It was reported on here last week there was a lot of passes hitting the ground so hopefully there wasnt too much more of that

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Kennel does make me laugh.

Every man and his dog has been tearing @CrittaMagic69 apart from being negative, he comes out and says King is SOO level and will be playing it this year and people call him out ...

Cracks me up.
I see you liked this @04 Dreaming

Just to be clear. This has nothing to do with you and I still think you're a dropkick as I believe most of the kennel does.

Just to be clear :kissing:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Kennel does make me laugh.

Every man and his dog has been tearing @CrittaMagic69 apart from being negative, he comes out and says King is SOO level and will be playing it this year and people call him out ...

Cracks me up.
They like playing the man, not the ball. They also make fun of me for making a thread about Perham early in the year because I thought he was having a crack and showing some solid signs.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the intel. How did we look? Cohesion, sharpness etc. Were the halves linking well with each other and there outside men? It was reported on here last week there was a lot of passes hitting the ground so hopefully there wasnt too much more of that
Not many dropped balls even though it was wet but the game didn’t go for that long.

Burton was doing the majority of the kicking. Skelton moves really well but Xerri impressed me, doesn’t look like he’s been out of the game for that long let alone 4 years. I thought Taffee was poor, gets monstered bringing the ball back while Tracey was what you expect, ball of energy.

Curran played lock and I think he’s almost guaranteed to be the 13 round 1. It’s hard to comment on the cohesiveness and decipher what kind of game we are going to play to be honest but at a glance our contact and wrestle looked a lot cleaner and deliberate compared to last year.

First proper look is only 2.5 weeks away…

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They like playing the man, not the ball. They also make fun of me for making a thread about Perham early in the year because I thought he was having a crack and showing some solid signs.
King in SOO? I don't know personally, but I think those optimistic amongst us can see there's something there. Maybe?

As for the Kennel.

Whether it's right or wrong, all of our hypocricy is hilarious

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not many dropped balls even though it was wet but the game didn’t go for that long.

Burton was doing the majority of the kicking. Skelton moves really well but Xerri impressed me, doesn’t look like he’s been out of the game for that long let alone 4 years. I thought Taffee was poor, gets monstered bringing the ball back while Tracey was what you expect, ball of energy.

Curran played lock and I think he’s almost guaranteed to be the 13 round 1. It’s hard to comment on the cohesiveness and decipher what kind of game we are going to play to be honest but at a glance our contact and wrestle looked a lot cleaner and deliberate compared to last year.

First proper look is only 2.5 weeks away…
Good man. Thanks for the insight!

Seems clear that Burton will be playing 5/8 at least.

Will be interesting where Critta plays when he starts full training. Centre of Fullback? That's the big question for me.

I liked what you said about Hughes and it seems like he's at prop for 1sts. Heard good things about him.

Cheers again!