Opinion Pre Season Training

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wilson is way underrated.
Im not hating on Wilson by any means, but I wonder why some rate him so highly? Have you watched him closely in Q Cup? Or is your opinion based on the few FG games he has played? He certainly has heart, but surely Taffe and Tracey are better options at FB, and kiraz and JAC as wingers. I just don't see him playing FG outside of injuries.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Same mate. Im excited. I am every year though I guess. Fingers crossed we remain injury free and can show what we are capable of. I don't see us making the 8, but im confident we will improve massively on last year, despite the fact we are lacking in some areas.
Yeah pre-season ejaculation aye....but it looks and feels abit different this year. It feels like the method(s) are coming out of all the madness. Hopefully knuckling down with the improvement(s) in roster will limit injuries and get us into the 8. Yeah Id kill for a superstar halves combo but sounds like theyre working on it. Dunno if we need the prop, sounds like maybe yeah nah yeah nah maybe a smokey bolter might surprise us all...having said that whack Hass in there n it does ramp shit up abit.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im not hating on Wilson by any means, but I wonder why some rate him so highly? Have you watched him closely in Q Cup? Or is your opinion based on the few FG games he has played? He certainly has heart, but surely Taffe and Tracey are better options at FB, and kiraz and JAC as wingers. I just don't see him playing FG outside of injuries.
He has heart, he has speed, he does well in the contact. He is good under the high ball.
And yes, I've seen a decent bit of his Q Cup and plenty in NSW Cup, in addition to his first-grade contributions.
He is underrated (your view confirms this). Whether he becomes one of our first-choice wingers or gets a shot at fullback remains to be seen.
He's still a rookie, with plenty of upside. At the very least he is a very capable backup.
Good (re)signing by the club - something we haven't been great at in recent times.
He should have a very good year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He has heart, he has speed, he does well in the contact. He is good under the high ball.
And yes, I've seen a decent bit of his Q Cup and plenty in NSW Cup, in addition to his first-grade contributions.
He is underrated (your view confirms this). Whether he becomes one of our first-choice wingers or gets a shot at fullback remains to be seen.
He's still a rookie, with plenty of upside. At the very least he is a very capable backup.
Good (re)signing by the club - something we haven't been great at in recent times.
Wilson had better numbers than Fox last season and people are really asking why some of us rate him lmao. If he can polish his game and continue to develop I'd even have him on the wing over Kiraz.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've never seen him in Q Cup tbh, My opinion is indeed solely based on his fg games last year. I thought he was excellent in those games.Whilst Kiraz and Fox are probably ahead of him,it's remains to be seen if they can stay on the park.

Last edited:

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its so good to have these 'dramas', its exactly what we want. Competition for spots and disciplined roster that buys into whatever gets sold to them. Players gotta know that if you want in the top 17 then you gotta be top 17.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When we first announced Wilson I looked up some of his highlights automatically I thought he has the credentials to become our long term solution at fullback, he might take time but I still do...
He is a rough diamond in the fine cutting process !

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When we first announced Wilson I looked up some of his highlights automatically I thought he has the credentials to become our long term solution at fullback, he might take time but I still do...
He is a rough diamond in the fine cutting process !
When I saw Wilson play for the first time yeah he didnt disappoint. Like whats been said, big heart, quick and abit like Patten I suppose. Its just so good to have 'a good crop of players' thats only gonna get better.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We've made some good signings throughout the last few years. And leading up to last season (2023) I had slightly bigger expectations. Our backline had slowly built to a point that I thought was threatening. I thought the addition of a classy hooker who could direct the team to some extent would really improve us last year.

Unfortunately we suffered enough injuries to impact us for a couple of seasons. So we might've been more competitive but we'll never know. Moving forward, If we can get good ball to our backline during the coming season, they'll tear some teams to shreds. Only our prop rotation is looking like it might be under strength. But they might surprise us. There's still time to recruit and I'm sure clubs will need to move some props on to balance rosters too. So we might still pick up a little quality in the engine room.

Overall I think it's going to be a push to make the 8. But I think we're going to score some spectacular long range tries. Even if a few of the reserve backs are pushed into the line up through injury or suspension we'll have decent quality. It has to be a big year for both our halves. And I think it'll be vital to get the whole pack ready to move the ball semi regularly on early plays to prevent the defence from lining up our props with numbers. So with some luck from the refs, strong self belief and a never say die attitude I think we could have a 'pushing for the 8' season.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I've never seen him in Q Cup tbh, My opinion is indeed solely based on his fg games last year. I thought he was excellent in those games.Whilst Kiraz and Fox are probably ahead of him,it's remains to be seen if they can stay on the park.
Yeh im a fan of Wilson, will only get better