Opinion Pre Season Training

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you say JT is ruthless, could you please expand on that, in what way is he ruthless … do you see him putting in with the spine or working on any set plays with them ?
He does alot of attacking formation stuff.... Dont not understand what he is teaching and speak when he is speaking. He will let u know about it...

He is like that grumpy school teacher. Hard task master...

If the players thought Ciro and co were tough, JT is next level asshole.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nice, this is what I was hoping to hear … thank you.

Are they looking smooth in attack and putting the ball through the hands running angles ?
look from what I could see it’s still early and it wasn’t smooth and flowing but I don’t expect it to be like that in January.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He does alot of attacking formation stuff.... Dont not understand what he is teaching and speak when he is speaking. He will let u know about it...

He is like that grumpy school teacher. Hard task master...

If the players thought Ciro and co were tough, JT is next level asshole.
Most are young men with big ego’s, someone in charge that’s tough and an asshole is probably good for them .. know they can’t get away with anything ..

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates guys. Is there a big difference from what you saw between this year and last?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fox PR is insane. If it was RFM who was reportedly training unfit and being lazy, everyone would be going off.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know its early and because of some injuries there maybe a shake up for the early rounds, dont quote me but so far i think it will look like this.

But honestly i think trials will be the final confirmation its that close to call.

NRL

1.Taafe
2.Kiraz / Wilson / Skelly / Xerri / Perham ( whoever is fit )
3.Critta / Tracey
4.Tracey / Critta
5.Fox
6.Burton
7.Hutcho / Sexton ( very close )
8.King
9. Mahoney
10.Knight
11. Presto
12. Kikz
13. Curran

14. Mann
15. Hughes
16. RFM
17. Poasa / Turps / Edwards

Sutto and Patolo injured.

Also think Critta will be given free reign ala Trbo NSW.
Yeah the pack pretty much picks itself. I thought defending Crichton at centre but playing him as fb in attack might be a possibility. We are spoilt for choice with outside backs . . . We will score plenty of points in Reggie's this year, we will have a gun backline compared to most

Last edited:

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Taafe and crighton trained at fullback

sexton and Hutchinson trained at 7

burton trained at 6

Perham trained at wing
Skelton trained on wing
Xerri was inside Skelton

ado Carr is so unfit
Mariner and Sutton did not train
Neither did Karl
Tracey trained alone
Was sprinting down sideline in a straight line

Turpin pretty fit
Cheers for the update!
Thats strange about Fox on insta he's doing alot of extras.
Perham YUK! Stay away from 1st grade
Xerri and Skelton down one side massive!
But im sure Kiraz will lock up a wing when he's back.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Generally I see it benefiting "attacking teams promoting the ball, action" and not teams playing to a certain structure like, more direct, one out. In essence yeah the successful teams benefit from it because they adapted to what the NRL wants. Rugby league and a good sport should have multiple styles of play, tactics, styles of play, it shouldn't just benefit one style
I think it benefits the favourite in any game rather than game style of a team. Whether it consciously or unconsciously. Honest or corrupt.

The referee can use the six again to influence the outcome of a game without question.

If a referee isn’t talked about after a game. They have been considered to have had a good game. If they slant six again calls to the favourite team. There is way less focus on their game if the favourite wins.

If they make a suspect call for the outsider. With them going on to win the game the media focus on the referee is harsh. When they make a suspect call for the favourite team. Nobody mentions it because they were supposed to win anyway.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foxx being injured is the least of our worries. We have back up wingers who will most likely outplay him if he flops in 2024.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If I was Skelton I’d be bolting out the door. He’s now seemingly behind Critta, Kiraz, JAC, Tracey, Xerri and Wilson.

Crazy we didn’t give him more game time at the back end of last year
his contract ends this season, wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at the tigers for 2025

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
his contract ends this season, wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at the tigers for 2025
Eels should try & trade for him now. He'd be a good starter for them outside Pensini.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
May be sooner - i think he has better pathway to consistent fg at WT or Parra -

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
possibly but with tigers losing tupou they'll need an outside back as well
They have Justin Olam, Starford To'a, Charlie Staines, Brent Naden, Asu Kepoa, Josh Feledy & Solomon Alaimalo for 4 spots.

They will probably go after the May brothers or some other Panthers backs to make Luai happy.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven’t been to training as it’s during my work day and I live a considerable distance away Nosey. Happy to read your untrained opinion though and clean up your mistakes. Tag me when you are done, I won’t charge for my time
Well, being only a nationally accredited radiographer I'll reserve my educated guesses for any x-rays, CT's or MRI that comes up so not to upset you.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks heaps on the updates KLil.

It’s great we’ve got some serious depth in a number of positions…. Not happy Sutton/RFM & Patolo are injured again, but let’s hope it’s all not too serious.