Skelton trained on wing
Xerri was inside Skelton

ado Carr is so unfit
Mariner and Sutton did not train
Neither did Karl
Tracey trained alone
Was sprinting down sideline in a straight line

Turpin pretty fit
What did you see (or not see) to suggest Fox is unfit?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fox could've been injured so I wont hold that against him right now. The more concerning thing is that Burton only trained at 6 & that no other player trained there.
It has been noticeable in games though, always seems to be out the back catching a breather or stretching his calf out or whatever. His conditioning and discipline appeared far better in Melbourne

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s odd about fox, it’s a big year for him. He can negotiate for 26 at the end of this year so it’s essentially a contract year. You would think he would want at least one more decent contract. Also there is a blues spot dangling. It’s his if he wants it bad enough but he needs to do a fair bit to earn it back.
He's probably too busy thinking about his next clothing drop

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It shouldn't be that way. If it is you have entrenched bias for succeeding teams. Rules are no longer black and white. So where grey area exists we (as in the whole NRL fan base) can't afford bias. Either go back to black and white rules or get referees that aren't biased. I can't find a way to believe that these grey areas weren't introduced to allow refs to influence the outcome as if some higher power is giving blessing to their continuous bias and screw ups. I personally think it's gambling agencies that have influenced the move from clear cut rules to grey areas so outcomes can be manipulated.
Generally I see it benefiting "attacking teams promoting the ball, action" and not teams playing to a certain structure like, more direct, one out. In essence yeah the successful teams benefit from it because they adapted to what the NRL wants. Rugby league and a good sport should have multiple styles of play, tactics, styles of play, it shouldn't just benefit one style of play. Otherwise it just becomes something like touch footy, has less dimensions to the way the game can be played.
Also a concern to me not only the Bulldogs but internationals, it'll create more blowouts, disinterest people new to the game

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
G'day everyone, first post - pls be gentle...I could talk about this type of stuff all week. Starting with that bloody bell. Its like a message from above - Thou shall reset! No Question! I also dont like the word 'interpretation' Seems like refs doing more 'interpretating' instead of 'officiating'.

I'm enjoying the training updates and chat...cheers!
Welcome aboard mate!!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It has been noticeable in games though, always seems to be out the back catching a breather or stretching his calf out or whatever. His conditioning and discipline appeared far better in Melbourne
He could have given away a penalty for just about every tackle he made last year, he either joins the tackle too late or lies on the tackled player too long . . . Not to mention the amount of times he had come in field and left his opposing winger an unopposed run to score. Given the quality in our backs now, he needs to smarten up if he wants to retain his spot.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s odd about fox, it’s a big year for him. He can negotiate for 26 at the end of this year so it’s essentially a contract year. You would think he would want at least one more decent contract. Also there is a blues spot dangling. It’s his if he wants it bad enough but he needs to do a fair bit to earn it back.

JAC isnt marathon man... He is purely a sprinting winger.

There is a reason he never played FB.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fox could've been injured so I wont hold that against him right now. The more concerning thing is that Burton only trained at 6 & that no other player trained there.
He did hurt his glute yesterday which is why he was running in shoes rather than boots but he was always unfit... was shocked the first time i saw it
but yeah his a winger..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Taafe and crighton trained at fullback

sexton and Hutchinson trained at 7

burton trained at 6

Perham trained at wing
Skelton trained on wing
Xerri was inside Skelton

ado Carr is so unfit
Mariner and Sutton did not train
Neither did Karl
Tracey trained alone
Was sprinting down sideline in a straight line

Turpin pretty fit
Turps surprised me today... he blew everyone away in the heat As did Hayes.

Tracey is looking good, he was also doing short circuits which is development from the other day.

Our reserves team will be absolutely stacked this year.

JT is fukin ruthless, i now know why he gets punched in the face alot.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're our sideline eye . . . All observations will be appreciated. I would love to know what's happening with the 1 and 6 positions
I know its early and because of some injuries there maybe a shake up for the early rounds, dont quote me but so far i think it will look like this.

But honestly i think trials will be the final confirmation its that close to call.

NRL

1.Taafe
2.Kiraz / Wilson / Skelly / Xerri / Perham ( whoever is fit )
3.Critta / Tracey
4.Tracey / Critta
5.Fox
6.Burton
7.Hutcho / Sexton ( very close )
8.King
9. Mahoney
10.Knight
11. Presto
12. Kikz
13. Curran

14. Mann
15. Hughes
16. RFM
17. Poasa / Turps / Edwards

Sutto and Patolo injured.

Also think Critta will be given free reign ala Trbo NSW.

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know its early and because of some injuries there maybe a shake up for the early rounds, dont quote me but so far i think it will look like this.

But honestly i think trials will be the final confirmation its that close to call.

NRL

1.Taafe
3.Critta / Tracey
4.Tracey / Critta
5.Fox
6.Burton
8.King
9. Mahoney
10.Knight
11. Presto
12. Kikz
13. Curran

14. Mann
15. Hughes
16. RFM

Mariner didn’t train today and was with Sutton all day.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

NRL

1.Taafe
3.Critta / Tracey
4.Tracey / Critta
5.Fox
6.Burton
8.King
9. Mahoney
10.Knight
11. Presto
12. Kikz
13. Curran

14. Mann
15. Hughes
16. RFM

Crichton doesn't have that in him.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turps surprised me today... he blew everyone away in the heat As did Hayes.

Tracey is looking good, he was also doing short circuits which is development from the other day.

Our reserves team will be absolutely stacked this year.

JT is fukin ruthless, i now know why he gets punched in the face alot.
When you say JT is ruthless, could you please expand on that, in what way is he ruthless … do you see him putting in with the spine or working on any set plays with them ?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is the heart and soul of our set plays.
He was running all our attack and barking orders.also giving players tips with little one on one chats
Nice, this is what I was hoping to hear … thank you.

Are they looking smooth in attack and putting the ball through the hands running angles ?