Opinion Pre Season Training

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would seem to be the most obvious to be moved on. Must be CC fav after all ;)
CC's favourites are obvious. They're the players that pout in the most and set high standards. As a coach, mentor or even a teacher you would love these guys.

The hate for Hayze is honestly a bit overboard... He did what he could in a shit team. He isn't the worse player in the world and would probably shine in a team like the Panthers.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
CC's favourites are obvious. They're the players that pout in the most and set high standards. As a coach, mentor or even a teacher you would love these guys.

The hate for Hayze is honestly a bit overboard... He did what he could in a shit team. He isn't the worse player in the world and would probably shine in a team like the Panthers.
As a bit player. Not a spine.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Was always big, just couldn't move freely. Now running around like a backrower and is pretty skillful for a big guy.

Actually last time I big noted someone was Thommo so ill shut up now. HUGHES IS SHIT, HES SHIT! FORGET ABOUT HUGHES! :sweatsmile:
Surely you can't jinx like that again lol

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
With Tracey injured, does that increase Xerri's chances of starting round 1?
Apparently he'll be back for training sometime in January and should be fine for the trials.

Either way, I can't see him starting the year in grade.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

No hate here but I don’t rate him especially at fullback. The issue with last season was everyone tried to do to much, play outside their abilities because we lacked so much and looked like headless chickens. Perham would probably be good for a bellyache team, stick to your roll and do it well.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Farkkk i still remember the day thinking there goes our season.

No joke he was easily the best trainer through all pre season and was going to see him at his best without any doubt.
Watch SL to see how he goes next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Was always big, just couldn't move freely. Now running around like a backrower and is pretty skillful for a big guy.

Actually last time I big noted someone was Thommo so ill shut up now. HUGHES IS SHIT, HES SHIT! FORGET ABOUT HUGHES! :sweatsmile:
Matt Scott regen....but taller and more agile.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Russell plays over Dunster at Eel and he's better than Perham (same with Toa at Tiger). Perham would be a gamble even as a minimum wage depth guy (most likely waste of top 30 spot). I'd be surprised if someone wanted him.
I don't mind Russell. Hes not the biggest or the fastest, but the bloke always has a crack.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rather not... boats sailed, sunk, sailed, sunk, rocketed into oblivion. Cya.
Agree...floundered and just never got off the rocks.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am excited to see how Sam Hughes and Chris Patolo go this season
As Gould has alluded to there is probably more ability in the younger props than what most supporters are aware of - Hughes and Patolo have rarely played more than three or four games in a row without and injury - one or both might stepping up would solve a lot of problems particularly Hughes given his size. Montgomery, although not huge improved throughout last year might also be a factor.

Saw a bit of training yesterday Patolo, Edwards and Sutton were only watching (with Connor Tracey) so i assume already injured!!

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Gould has alluded to there is probably more ability in the younger props than what most supporters are aware of - Hughes and Patolo have rarely played more than three or four games in a row without and injury - one or both might stepping up would solve a lot of problems particularly Hughes given his size. Montgomery, although not huge improved throughout last year might also be a factor.

Saw a bit of training yesterday Patolo, Edwards and Sutton were only watching (with Connor Tracey) so i assume already injured!!
Yeah im sure Patolo and Hughes didn’t even have a pre season last year due to injuries, Hughes with his back, and then Patolo with his knee?

I thought Patolo finished 2021 off strong and would kick on, but hasn’t done much since. Hopefully he and Hughes can have a big year.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Yeah im sure Patolo and Hughes didn’t even have a pre season last year due to injuries, Hughes with his back, and then Patolo with his knee?

I thought Patolo finished 2021 off strong and would kick on, but hasn’t done much since. Hopefully he and Hughes can have a big year.
Not sure about Hughes but Patolo had a ripper pre season last year and was looking good. Then got bruising behind his knee or something like that with like 2 or 3 weeks to go. Seemed to affect him all year. Jan 2023 we were looking good. By March we were fucked.