Opinion Pre Season Training

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was at the training session this morning also.
Couple of notes I got from it:
- Boys did an opposing session against each other and pretty much confirmed their positions for the start of the year
- Poasa came off during the opposing session with a wrist injury
- Samrani limping a little bit
- Poasa and Addo Carr were both quite behind the rest of the team during the beep test. Addo Carr a tad bit unfit
- Kiraz, Perham and Harry Hayes dominated the beep test
- Joash Papali lined up for the reserve grade side at fullback. Kid is quick off the mark and got insane pace.
- Kiraz training a bit in centre past two training sessions
- Hutchison and Sexton sharing the halfback role
- Forwards lack some go forward but the middle is quite strong with Mann and Curran controlling the middle defence
- Taffee very loud and directive at fullback.
- Crichton, even though not training, shouting and directing the boys. Fitting in perfectly
Judging from the past 2 training sessions I feel the side might be structured as
1. Blake Taffee
2. Josh Addo Carr
3. Connor Tracey/Bronson Xerri
4. Stephen Crichton
5. Jacob Kiraz/Blake Wilson
6. Matt Burton
7. Toby Sexton/ Drew Hutchison
8. Josh Curran
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Max King
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Kurt Mann
14. Jake Turpin
15. Raymond Faitala Mariner
16. Samuel Hughes
17. Liam Knight
Thanks mate

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just seen something that Salmon is training mostly with NSW Cup. Anyone confirm this? If true, wouldn’t shock me. The most pointless signing of the lot imo
He is and thats most likely because he has been rehabing most of the pre season. Also wouldnt call a genuine depth signing who can play multiple positions across the park a pointless signing.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't need to be, I've got eyes and have seen all these players play. Curran @ prop with Mann starting lock is bat shit crazy.
Curran and Mann have been sharing the lock spot... not sure where the Curran at prop came from apart form the fact Curran and Mann were the only forwards out there today apart from Fasu whom i have massive liability issue heart aches over.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gotta be said, every player spent an eternity with the fans post training. Photos, autographs, a chat, a “thanks for coming”. It was a 2.5 hour session!

I took 4 kids under 10 and dead set, their jerseys are a sea of autographs. Great stuff.
Thats was a brutal session too... the toughest I have seen yet.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Curran and Mann have been sharing the lock spot... not sure where the Curran at prop came from apart form the fact Curran and Mann were the only forwards out there today apart from Fasu whom i have massive liability issues heart aches over.
That’s a shame because I saw Fasu on some posts and his knees were not strapped and thought maybe that meant his injury issues are over and he may come good for us.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s a shame because I saw Fasu on some posts and his knees were not strapped and thought maybe that meant his injury issues are over and he may come good for us.
He is a goer... Has some decent runs in him and is willing in defense... He might come good but i'll call it from now, small motor in a big chassis. Those ones usually fcuk up at NRL level once fatigue kicks in. Post earlier reckon's he hurt his wrist... I know that look, its a i need a break injury.

Im hoping CC goes Edwards or Morrin instead as they just offer more.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
He is a goer... Has some decent runs in him and is willing in defense... He might come good but i'll call it from now, small motor in a big chassis. Those ones usually fcuk up at NRL level once fatigue kicks in. Post earlier reckon's he hurt his wrist... I know that look, its a i need a break injury.

Im hoping CC goes Edwards or Morrin instead as they just offer more.
I had big hopes for Edwards this year however from all the footage he looks super lean and super fit. Which is good but means he will most likely be playing edge. I am guessing. I was hoping he would put on some size and play 20 odd minutes in the middle. I think kitone is playing middle but not sure if he is nrl level. I wonder if they could turn Harry Hayes or Luke smith into a middle. Maybe Smith? Harry has such good hands it would be good to keep him on an edge.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I had big hopes for Edwards this year however from all the footage he looks super lean and super fit. Which is good but means he will most likely be playing edge. I am guessing. I was hoping he would put on some size and play 20 odd minutes in the middle. I think kitone is playing middle but not sure if he is nrl level. I wonder if they could turn Harry Hayes or Luke smith into a middle. Maybe Smith? Harry has such good hands it would be good to keep him on an edge.
To be fair THEY ALL look super lean and fit... Everyone looking in superb shape.

Edwards has been one of the best in pre-season... Would be a damn shame if CC doesn't utilize him on the bench. Dont worry about size, he is big enough, elusive enough and keen enough.

Im super stoked to have Harry Hayes in blue and white.... No doubt he will be a rep player one day, reminds me alot of Luke Lewis, will start out on an edge and work his way in. He has already played wing in NSW cup so hopefully moves in this season. Sneaky for a debut too as the season goes on with other kids like Tood and Hopoi. Luke Smith is a specimen, not sure where he'll play one day.

Last edited:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
To be fair THEY ALL luke super lean and fit... Everyone looking in superb shape.

Edwards has been one of the best in pre-season... Would be a damn shame if CC doesn't utilize him on the bench. Dont worry about size, he is big enough, elusive enough and keen enough.

Im super stoked to have Harry Hayes in blue and white.... No doubt he will be a rep player one day, reminds me alot of Luke Lewis, will start out on an edge and work his way in. He has already played wing in NSW so hopefully moves in this season. Sneaky for a debut too as the season goes on with other kids like Tood and Hopoi. Luke Smith is a specimen, not sure where he'll play one day.
Chilllllll

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was at the training session this morning also.
Couple of notes I got from it:
- Boys did an opposing session against each other and pretty much confirmed their positions for the start of the year
- Poasa came off during the opposing session with a wrist injury
- Samrani limping a little bit
- Poasa and Addo Carr were both quite behind the rest of the team during the beep test. Addo Carr a tad bit unfit
- Kiraz, Perham and Harry Hayes dominated the beep test
- Joash Papali lined up for the reserve grade side at fullback. Kid is quick off the mark and got insane pace.
- Kiraz training a bit in centre past two training sessions
- Hutchison and Sexton sharing the halfback role
- Forwards lack some go forward but the middle is quite strong with Mann and Curran controlling the middle defence
- Taffee very loud and directive at fullback.
- Crichton, even though not training, shouting and directing the boys. Fitting in perfectly
Judging from the past 2 training sessions I feel the side might be structured as
1. Blake Taffee
2. Josh Addo Carr
3. Connor Tracey/Bronson Xerri
4. Stephen Crichton
5. Jacob Kiraz/Blake Wilson
6. Matt Burton
7. Toby Sexton/ Drew Hutchison
8. Josh Curran
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Max King
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Kurt Mann
14. Jake Turpin
15. Raymond Faitala Mariner
16. Samuel Hughes
17. Liam Knight
Thanks for sharing. Appreciate the good work.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Out of all the players, I'm really disappointed about JAC. Seems like he's slacking off, I understand he was injured towards the end of the year but seems like he's putting more effort into his off-field shit than trying to get his body ready for a big season. Hope im wrong, maybe he's just never been the fittest.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Curran prop? swap for Hughes to start, adds size. Curran back to lock, Mann to bench pushing Turpin out. Just pick another out and out middle forward... Sutton, Patolo if either are ready or reluctantly pick Edwards or Morrin. Hope Xerri is good to start the year in NRL, keeping Kiraz on the wing, with Wilson unlucky to miss out. Sexton or Hutchinson as 7, as they are the only two options. With Tracey unfit, Taffe has to play fullback. But I don't like the sound of Mann as a starting middle forward, somebody else has to stand up.
Taafe
Wilson
Kiraz - If he gets through tirals
Critta
JAC
Burton
Hutch
King
Mahoney
Knight
Kikz
Presto
Curran

Mann
Hughes
RFM
Fasu / Edwards

Thats your team for round 1... I would be shocked otherwise. Rather don't be surprised if u see Curran and Mann on the field at same time some time during the game.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Out of all the players, I'm really disappointed about JAC. Seems like he's slacking off, I understand he was injured towards the end of the year but seems like he's putting more effort into his off-field shit than trying to get his body ready for a big season. Hope im wrong, maybe he's just never been the fittest.
Bloke is a game day player and sprinter, no marathon man.

He has always been an ego trainer but he still puts in.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bloke is a game day player and sprinter, no marathon man.

He has always been an ego trainer but he still puts in.
Taafe
Wilson
Kiraz - If he gets through tirals
Critta
JAC
Burton
Hutch
King
Mahoney
Knight
Kikz
Presto
Curran

Mann
Hughes
RFM
Fasu / Edwards

Thats your team for round 1... I would be shocked otherwise. Rather don't be surprised if u see Curran and Mann on the field at same time some time during the game.
Wont be far off - still 6 weeks training n two trials to go

Is Montgomery still at the club? One player today i didnt recognise - might have been Montgomery - or Luke Smith?