Achilles

Back to Belmore
Reaction score
From ZERO TACKLE:

PRE SEASON RETURN DATE: November 8th: Canterbury Bulldogs

Nov 8th - 10th
: Induction and General Testing
Nov 13th: Start Training

The Bulldogs will kick start their pre-season on November 8th with Matt Burton, Viliame Kikau, Reed Mahoney, Bronson Xerri, Toby Sexton, Jacob Preston, Liam Knight, Max King, and Jacob Kiraz all returning.

However, new (or reported) recruits Blake Taaffe, Drew Hutchison, Kurt Mann, Jaeman Salmon and Jake Turpin won't return until a week later due to their former club's involvement in the NRL finals.

All other clubs return dates, have been posted in 'Rugby League General'

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Given how the club continually refuses to keep supporters informed - our best chance of knowing who is signed for 24 is to see who turns up for training.

Up until Goulds regime the i got most of my info re trials, juns etc was from people involved in other clubs - Gould was helpful until he blocked me.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Given how the club continually refuses to keep supporters informed - our best chance of knowing who is signed for 24 is to see who turns up for training.

Up until Goulds regime the i got most of my info re trials, juns etc was from people involved in other clubs - Gould was helpful until he blocked me.
"Cone of silence" and "need to know theory".

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the fuck are we one of the last teams who didn't play finals to commence preseason though?
It might only be a few days but it looks bad when you have played so poorly to be one of the last to start training.

Achilles

Back to Belmore
Reaction score
Why the fuck are we one of the last teams who didn't play finals to commence preseason though?
It might only be a few days but it looks bad when you have played so poorly to be one of the last to start training.
We are listed as the 9th club to return back to training.

I have a post in "Rugby League General" showing all the clubs start dates.
We are only starting around a week later but our team has been so pour, why reward them with a longer break.

Canberra starts 1 Nov, and they made the finals.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
& we return on a FRIDAY! Lest hope there also there Saturday & Sunday.We need all the hours on the training paddock we can get.

Kennel Established
Reaction score

thought of changing your name to didly squat???

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith were training yesterday at least some of them

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Probably because we slammed for training to hard
Imagine buzz if we were first back fmd

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably because we slammed for training to hard
Imagine buzz if we were first back fmd
I get that, but most agreed that it's supposed to be hard and agreed with the approach.

It's just an optics thing given its only a few days, but it's just disappointing.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As we are still getting the mushroom treatment from the club, it'll be interesting who shows up (or not) to training... and what our surprise mystery 2024 squad might be.

I might send in my own drone. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
As we are still getting the mushroom treatment from the club, it'll be interesting who shows up (or not) to training... and what our surprise mystery 2024 squad what might be.

I might send in my own drone. :tearsofjoy:
You sir are trouble.
First the wrestling sessions and now spy drones :-).

As for the squad, I’m sure there will be something said between 1 November and pre-season starting as the cat will be out of the bag by then anyway. Gus likes keeping everyone guessing as long as possible.