Post match rd15

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m pleasantly surprised, baz was not happy and specifically mentioned all the bad calls we are all talking about. To get penalised 12-3 between penalties and 6 against just goes to show you how officiating is trash.

He mentioned the brown high tackle and why he wasn’t sent off if Thomson was. This most likely will fall on deaf ears but I’m glad he is bringing it up in the media to show we ain’t blind. Dead set we shot ourselves in the foot at times but when the ref consistently piggy backs one side the whole half there’s not much you can do. Check out the Titans manly game. Same thing atm… this game has gone to shit

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

PRESS

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m pleasantly surprised, baz was not happy and specifically mentioned all the bad calls we are all talking about. To get penalised 12-3 between penalties and 6 against just goes to show you how officiating is trash.

He mentioned the brown high tackle and why he wasn’t sent off if Thomson was. This most likely will fall on deaf ears but I’m glad he is bringing it up in the media to show we ain’t blind. Dead set we shot ourselves in the foot at times but when the ref consistently piggy backs one side the whole half there’s not much you can do. Check out the Titans manly game. Same thing atm… this game has gone to shit
It's a SHAME not a GAME :rage:

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s even more funny is that Brad author reckons they were professional. No mention of six agains nothing. Funny how the winning team doesn’t give it a mention when scores blow out. Let’s see when they get on a shit End if calls, he will be calling for heads! I’m actually furious and didn’t think I will be. Not cause of the result but because it’s virtually impossible to have such massive diff in 2 halves if the ref wasn’t a major influence in 90% of the decisions! Bloody disgrace

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Glad he said what we ALL saw, chicken ref should be stood down..!!

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What’s even more funny is that Brad author reckons they were professional. No mention of six agains nothing. Funny how the winning team doesn’t give it a mention when scores blow out. Let’s see when they get on a shit End if calls, he will be calling for heads! I’m actually furious and didn’t think I will be. Not cause of the result but because it’s virtually impossible to have such massive diff in 2 halves if the ref wasn’t a major influence in 90% of the decisions! Bloody disgrace
Parra play a good style of footy so the chances of them being on the wrong end of refs is very low.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett admitted some poor plays from us with last tackle options, but he then did mention the lop sided penalty count, the 6 agains and the fact they went back plays to place a player in the bin for one tackle (which didn’t lead to the player going for a HIA but when our player had a HIA we didn’t go back)
The extra amount of defence took the wind out of us and led to the blow out (which Barrett was disappointed about also)
Barrett needed to be careful and I think worded it well and will be interested to see what Annesley says tomorrow

The standard of refereeing has been poor for years!! Seriously how Gerard Sutton is the no 1 ref I’ll never know! Ceccin today was poor and should be dropped! (I noticed Cummins was not officiating any games this week was he dropped for his ‘he got up’ call last week?)

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett admitted some poor plays from us with last tackle options, but he then did mention the lop sided penalty count, the 6 agains and the fact they went back plays to place a player in the bin for one tackle (which didn’t lead to the player going for a HIA but when our player had a HIA we didn’t go back)
The extra amount of defence took the wind out of us and led to the blow out (which Barrett was disappointed about also)
Barrett needed to be careful and I think worded it well and will be interested to see what Annesley says tomorrow

The standard of refereeing has been poor for years!! Seriously how Gerard Sutton is the no 1 ref I’ll never know! Ceccin today was poor and should be dropped! (I noticed Cummins was not officiating any games this week was he dropped for his ‘he got up’ call last week?)
Mate it’s been bad but this year tops it all. This 6 again has given refs any opportunity to be biased and not get questioned about it. Your telling me parra made 3 infringements the whole 80min to our 12? How in anyone’s right mind does that make any sense. Fair call on Thomson binning and penalty try but it’s not consistent! That call on brown I know for a fact would have made the game a lot more interesting

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

I expect the NRL to come down hard on Barrett for speaking the truth about the way they have ruined the game as a spectacle.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mitch Moses has developed his game well. His kicking game was exceptional, and the eels score most tries from kicks…so his influence on the game is profound. Can we throw some money at him to get him over?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mitch Moses has developed his game well. His kicking game was exceptional, and the eels score most tries from kicks…so his influence on the game is profound. Can we throw some money at him to get him over?
re-signed until the end of 24, so no.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I expect the NRL to come down hard on Barrett for speaking the truth about the way they have ruined the game as a spectacle.
Living in Canberra it’s nothing compared to what Ricky pulls out in his press conferences. Robinson brought up the inconsistency after the roosters game (of course they will bow to Robinson and Uncle Nick yet Baz gets ignored)

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought that was an excellent press conference from Baz. He made some great points that had to be said - will likely be in trouble for saying them but would be worth it! Whilst I am still apprehensive of Baz’s coaching abilities given our performances so far this year (some say that’s just the cattle etc etc - has been discussed as nauseum), I reckon good on Baz for how he handled the press conference. Hope the NRL considers what he said constructively rather than critically.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Out attack is dour at least Parra had the balls to chance their hand.
They had a 12-3 penalty snd six again advantage and we barely touched the ball in the second half after outplaying them in the first.... give it a rest, mate. Nobody has time for your agenda.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They are getting so brazen they aren’t even trying to hide it any more. It is seriously beyond a joke now. I wish the bottom 4-6 teams would band together and just collectively forfeit the rest of the season. It’s the only possible way to hold these cheats to account. 12-3 on penalties and 6 agains. That’s just beyond a joke.

Good on Baz for calling it out, but it won’t change sweet fuck all. The game has become a joke.

No point getting upset any more, folks. NRL is WWE and Vlandys is Vince freakin McMahon