OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread round 3 | Bulldogs 32 - 0 Titans

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to have the same mentality in defence next two games .
We have south’s and easts win those both start dreaming about a top 8 spot.lose both battle of the bottom four nothing changes need to win.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scoring first in the second half was the turning point. 18 points is harder to run down than 12.
Getting an even share of possession and field position is the key. For years now our poor discipline and errors see us defending and burning energy early. Then having nothing left in the tank later in games.

Yes getting back to back try’s helps but we need to be able to win the arm wrestle in tight games.

The Titans were also flogged by StGeorge who have been lapped themselves in their other two games.

We got the win and let’s be happy about that. I just hope we don’t think the Titans are a barometer for success. They are awful and we made them pay yesterday which is good. Let’s learn from Saints and not read to much into this win.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sadly this hides our attacking issues cam will keep persisting with taafe/knight and hutcho and we will keep getting found out by good sides until cam wakes up

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sadly this hides our attacking issues cam will keep persisting with taafe/knight and hutcho and we will keep getting found out by good sides until cam wakes up
Now that we seem to be functioning reasonably well (especially defence) maybe Ciro will get a bit more adventurous and start working on our attack and selecting the players who we do have who can best do that job. Maybe continue on a couple of weeks more of this team but then start thinking of expanding their gameplan and freeing them up. Def has to make the best team selection this week if Fox fit and it would look silly to drop Tracey out of the 2...Tracey v Taafe.

Anyway see what he does I guess.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Asap we start regularly winning and thereby play attractive footy and our x factor big signings, that the kids look up to, start putting on a show, have no fear...the huge crowds will be back.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After Taffe scored did you see the honey wearing white dress and pearls behind the boys very nice ! Back to footy Morrin was good when he was on and I think Conner Tracy is Gallens love child.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Getting an even share of possession and field position is the key. For years now our poor discipline and errors see us defending and burning energy early. Then having nothing left in the tank later in games.

Yes getting back to back try’s helps but we need to be able to win the arm wrestle in tight games.

The Titans were also flogged by StGeorge who have been lapped themselves in their other two games.

We got the win and let’s be happy about that. I just hope we don’t think the Titans are a barometer for success. They are awful and we made them pay yesterday which is good. Let’s learn from Saints and not read to much into this win.
I don't think anyone is assuming this win books us a finals run. We're just hoping it's a starting point for a decent season. This is just a little pressure relief valve opened for the fans. Losing to two teams assumed to be headed towards the top 8 isn't pleasing. But losing to a team many assume will be a cellar dweller would have opened up big doubts in the most confident fans.

Until this round we'd only seen the team defend well for 60 minutes then crumble at the end under fatigue. This week we got to see the backline fire for the first time. And arguably we'll be stronger with Xerri and JAC back. Was also nice to see the 0 on the score sheet.

So I don't think we're over estimating the win. But last year we could easily have been on the zero end of this scoreline. We regularly played shit opponents into form last year and even games when we had the upper hand, refs often found every obscure reason to deny tries or award questionable ones to opponents.

Unless we explode into form and start stringing wins together against most media expectations, we'll value every win this year. This firmly established in our minds that at least for now we're far ahead of at least one team. It showed we can attack and that even when we're building a respectable score, we're still concentrating on defence. So it's ok to be a bit excited for a good first win of the season.

Hopefully we build on the win and make roast bunny next game too. Seems like they've imploded a bit over there. They're still a danger team for us. Good friday game with Shitton as the ref and them desperate for a win. It's definitely a worry that the refs and/or Souths could ambush us in this one. But it's definitely looking a less scary game than I'd have predicted in the off season. Successive wins would be nice.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Given the poor quality of the opposition yesterday, that was effectively a trial game.

The 2024 season starts next Friday.

The main selection question for Ciraldo will be who does JAC replace?

Tracey, Wilson or Taaffe?

If there are changes to the bench only Patolo and Hopoi looked like they could handle promotion based on the NSW Cup game. Possibly Kautoga.
Todd does look promising.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great win. Good to get off the mark. About time.
But to put it into perspective, the dragons put on a similar scoreline against them a few weeks and have been flogged in 2 straight games since.
Titans were absolutely dreadful yesterday.
I am still concerned about our attack, especially in the opposition 20.
Burton is still not engaging the line and passing to create.
Hopefully they get a bit of confidence from yesterday.
We were flogged in the 2 games before so the perspective has always been there
Let us enjoy this win please

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They made it out to be a much bigger deal than it is. Sure it might be almost 30 years since we held a team to nil at Belmore, but we hardly play there and have held a team to nil at a different ground only a couple of years ago. We beat Tiger 38-0 last round of season 2021.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great game but if anyone watched nsw cup the last 3 weeks they would see how bronson xerri is ready to play I think.

Put Blake taffe on the bench or dropped and put Stephen Crichton in FB
And have Connor Tracey half back or bench spot and obviously have josh addo carr on the wing
For south’s

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
after Watching the replay last night, it’s evident that cc is trying to build team chemistry within the squad and its the reason why he’s not moving the squad around position wise… they played like a team yesterday even if titans were shit, they put 30+ points on us last year… hopefully we can continue to build chemistry over the coming weeks and with thst will come more and more confidence….

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m assuming the hoodoo of belmore has been lifted ,let’s make the second game there later this year even better .
Only 12,000 fans ??? Where was everyone should of been more
If we had of won one of those first two games and gotten off to a better start, Belmore would have been a sellout. There’s also kids sports @ daytime Saturday’s and some also have to work… ultimately, winning brings crowds but our supporters are up there with the best in the comp, we’ve finished bottom 5 the last few years and our crowd numbers are still healthy, other teams in the same situation would get no one.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After Taffe scored did you see the honey wearing white dress and pearls behind the boys very nice ! Back to footy Morrin was good when he was on and I think Conner Tracy is Gallens love child.
You were supposed to be watching the try celebration, but now you mention this I think I know who you are talking about.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des is in shambles at the Gold Coast. He will be heading back to the Northern Beaches with his pay out soon.

Without Greenturd, Dibsaster, Rae Rae and the other cronies Des couldn't do any damage.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
after Watching the replay last night, it’s evident that cc is trying to build team chemistry within the squad and its the reason why he’s not moving the squad around position wise… they played like a team yesterday even if titans were shit, they put 30+ points on us last year… hopefully we can continue to build chemistry over the coming weeks and with thst will come more and more confidence….
Nice post man.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What about Tina raising his elbow to Max King's chin?? He full elbowed him in the face play on according to the refs absolute joke. King was able to hang on in the tackle and that is when Tina did his knee.

Tina = massive grub. He is a repeat offender on our players with elbows, headlocks and other garbage.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Best part of the win for me is the deafening silence coming from all the cows supporters I know. Making for a good week ahead. It’s becoming clear that the gap between the top sides is closing and even top sides losing one or two players to injuries drags them back to the pack. I predicted us to finish 10-12 but if we a stay healthy and get a few wins against top sides through the Origin period who knows .